INT: Robinson, Robertson, Christensen, Bailey

Witherden, andrews, hodge
Christensen , gardiner, rich
Cutler, beams, mccluggage
Martin, neale, berry
Zorko, hipwood, taylor
Cameron, mcstay, mccarthy
Big O, rayner, m robbo, n robbo

Very good best 22 i think. We have some solid depth capable of stepping up, matho, walker, starc, bailey, eagles, lester. Opportunities for keays, cox, skinner, hinge, payne, lyons, ballenden, wooller to take their game to the next level and really start pushing for spots. I hope they do.

Witherden, andrews, hodge
Christensen , gardiner, rich
Cutler, beams, mccluggage
Martin, neale, berry
Zorko, hipwood, taylor
Cameron, mcstay, mccarthy
Big O, rayner, m robbo, n robbo

Very good best 22 i think. We have some solid depth capable of stepping up, matho, walker, starc, bailey, eagles, lester. Opportunities for keays, cox, skinner, hinge, payne, lyons, ballenden, wooller to take their game to the next level and really start pushing for spots. I hope they do.
We have some depth but it is very young depth. We really need a blessed run with injuries like this year. And if we do get injuries, hope they aren't to important cogs like Cameron etc

B: Gardiner Adams Hodge
HB:Witherden Andrews Rich
C: Cutler Berry McCluggage
HF: Rayner Walker Zorko
F: Cameron Hipwood McStay
FOL: Martin Beams Neale
Int: Mathieson Robertson Taylor Robinson

Best Of: OMac, Thurlow, McCarthy, Christensen, Cox

If we pick up Neale Adams and Thurlow & McCarthy.
With Mayes Out.

Now that was a tough 22 to pick. Probably have 30 players that could play in the 22, depth & stars growing.

B Witherden Andrews Hodge
HB Christensen Gardiner Rich
C Cutler Neale McLuggage
HF Cameron McStay Taylor
F McInerny Hipwood Rayner
Foll Martin Beams Zorko

Int Berry Robertson Bailey Walker

With it seeming more and more like we will get Neale I have updated it to this.

Christensen played some good footy at the end of the year in the back line and adds that run we want.
Walker would be the starting extra tall, but Eagles could do it. Would love to see Skinner in that role though and Rich starting on the bench instead.

Most of these sides we are lacking a pacy run and carry player out of defense, a deficiency that has been pointed out a few times by Noble and Fagan.

Maybe Zac Bailey will spend a year or 2 in that role or Cedric Cox/Jacob Allison step up.

Most of these sides we are lacking a pacy run and carry player out of defense, a deficiency that has been pointed out a few times by Noble and Fagan.

Maybe Zac Bailey will spend a year or 2 in that role or Cedric Cox/Jacob Allison step up.

I was seriously impressed with Bundy down back the last few weeks of the season - I'm hopeful he can really take on that run and carry role down back and improve his defensive work.

I was seriously impressed with Bundy down back the last few weeks of the season - I'm hopeful he can really take on that run and carry role down back and improve his defensive work.
Yer Bundy was quite good in that role although IMO he is not the run 30-40 meters 2-3 bounces guy that would be ideal eg. Adam Saad, Zac Williams, albeit they are hard to find.

Yer Bundy was quite good in that role although IMO he is not the run 30-40 meters 2-3 bounces guy that would be ideal eg. Adam Saad, Zac Williams, albeit they are hard to find.

And we saw on the weekend West Coast playing Jetta down there with a clear direction to run and carry when possible.

Shame it looks like Hunt isn't an option.

And we saw on the weekend West Coast playing Jetta down there with a clear direction to run and carry when possible.

Shame it looks like Hunt isn't an option.
I was going to mention Jayden Hunt but Josh Mahoney the Demons footy manager was on trade radio yesterday and was very quick to shut down any talk of him being let go, he's going nowhere.

I was going to mention Jayden Hunt but Josh Mahoney the Demons footy manager was on trade radio yesterday and was very quick to shut down any talk of him being let go, he's going nowhere.

Unless that was just to drive up the asking price. I can't see him leaving but we don't know just how much they will offer May, and might need to clear out another one or 2

Hodge Andrews Gardiner
Witho Adams rich

Cutler. Beams. Hugh
Martin Neale Berry

Zorko hipwood Cameron
Rayner mcstay bailey

Int: big O, Taylor, Mitch r, Christiansen

I have assumed we get Neale and Adams in the trade.

I really like Big O but if it is wet I would not play him. Hopefully Fages learnt that from last year.

Darcy Gardiner, Marcus Adams, Luke Hodge.
Alex Witherden, Harris Andrews, Allen Christensen.

Stef Martin, Lachie Neale, Dayne Beams.
Dayne Zorko, Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage.

Cameron Rayner, Eric Hipwood, Lincoln McCarthy.
Charlie Cameron, Daniel McStay, Lewis Taylor.

Mitch Robinson, Nick Robertson, Daniel Rich, Tom Cutler.

Unlucky- Zac Bailey, Rhys Mathieson, Oscar McInerney, Josh Walker.

I'd like to get Zac Bailey in there somewhere, maybe for Rich/Robinson/Christensen.
We are too tall if we play the big O as well IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we can do this s**t for real.

FB- Gardiner Adams Hodge
HB- Witherden Andrews Christensen
C- Zorko McLuggage Cutler
HF- Rayner Hipwood Cameron
FF-Taylor McStay/Walker McCarthy
Foll- Martin Neale Berry

Int-Rich Bailey McInerney Mathieson/Starcevic

Not what I think it will end up being, but I think at least 1 of the Robbos might struggle to keep their spot, just not sure which one. Christensen needs a better year to stay in there too.

Gardiner Adams Hodge
Witherden Andrews Christensen

McCluggage Berry Cutler

Rayner Hipwood Cameron
McCarthy McStay Taylor

Foll: Martin, Zorko, Neale

Int: Robertson, Bailey, Rich, Matho

Depth: Robinson, Walker, Keays, Starc, Bastinac, Lester, OMac, Cox, Skinner, Allison,

Really liking some of our depth now.

B: Robertson Adams Gardiner
HB: Witherden Andrews Rich
C: McCluggage Neale Cutler
HF: Cameron Hipwood Rayner
FF: Robinson McStay Christensen
Ruck: Martin Zorko Berry
Bench: Mathieson, Bailey, McInerney, Hodge

Depth: Taylor, Walker, McCarthy, Keays, Cox, Allison, Lester

Last edited:
B: Robertson Adams Gardiner
HF: Cameron Hipwood Rayner
FF: Robinson McStay Christensen
Ruck: Martin Zorko Berry
Bench: Robinson, Bailey, McInerney, Hodge

Depth: Taylor, Walker, McCarthy, Matho, Keays, Cox, Allison, Lester

My only question mark would be the backline given the comments from both Noble and Fagan regarding run out of there. I feel Christensen ends up down there instead of Rich. Thought he played really well in that position against the Eagles.

My only question mark would be the backline given the comments from both Noble and Fagan regarding run out of there. I feel Christensen ends up down there instead of Rich. Thought he played really well in that position against the Eagles.

Yeah it’s interesting. Also Witherden might be tried up the field.

B: Hodge, Adams, Gardiner
HB: Witherden, Walker, Rich
C: Berry, McCluggage, Cutler
FOL: Martin, Neale, Zorko
HF: Christensen, Andrews, Rayner
F: Cameron, Hipwood, McStay
INT: Robinson, Taylor, Robertson, Starc

I think we also need to remember we have lost beams but we essentially get Neale and Charlie Cameron to cover him . It’s sucks but reality is when we all look at it in retrospectively he wouldn’t be there when we are actually challenging fora flag .

Gardiner Adams Hodge
Witherden Andrews Christensen

McCluggage Berry Cutler

Rayner Hipwood Cameron
McCarthy McStay Taylor

Foll: Martin, Zorko, Neale

Int: Robertson, Bailey, Rich, Matho

Depth: Robinson, Walker, Keays, Starc, Bastinac, Lester, OMac, Cox, Skinner, Allison,

Really liking some of our depth now.

I have the same team as you although I’d swap Cameron and Taylor around as Taylor is a great run between player covered the ground well last season. In addition Cameron’s way better one on in the 50 allowing us to have multiple options in the 50.

I hope we get a good forwards coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Hodge Adams Gardiner

C: McCluggage Zorko Cutler

HF: Rayner Hipwood Taylor

FF: Cameron McStay McCarthy

FOL: Martin Neale Berry

INT: McInerney Christensen Robertson Robinson

Very strong lineup still with some great new talent coming around the 25 year old age bracket. I feel like Neale would be able to cover most of the impact that we lost from Beams. Once you factor in the natural improvement of the young players then I can positively say I think we can get out of the bottom four next year.

Who do teams tag? Neale or Zorko. Beams was never seen as a tag threat so this may be a big boost for Zorks. Cameron coming back in is also massive.

B: Hodge Adams Gardiner

Foll: Martin, Zorko, Berry

HF: Rayner Hipwood Cameron
F: Christensen McStay Taylor

Int: Robinson, Bailey, McCarthy, Robertson

Spine of Adams, Andrews, Neale, Hipwood, McStay.

Can definitely make the 8 in 2020, will probably fall short in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back