List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too true mate, unfortunately.

Yet ppl still don’t understand why we must pay overs for players to come.

It’s not “overs”, it’s simply what it takes to bring in some established talent.
This it’s just reality for us until we create a dynasty

But there aren’t really any big fish available this year. Taranto and Kelly both contracted.

Just need to fill holes this year small goal kicking forward and a KPD

In fairness to Ellis, he runs harder both ways than anyone we have not named Trent.
And that is what their whole midfield is based on. Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Caddy etc there isn't any blistering speed there but they all bust their gut and get to where they need to be before their opponent does.

So if Shaw gets us to a Prelim next year we should not acknowledge it.

What are you trying to get at here, really?

Are you just tugging me along some bullshit string of questioning to say something you want me to say? Or is this just all being a smart ass for the sake of it?

lol at people pretending they wouldn't jump at the chance to still land Kelly.

I watched a lot of his games during the period we were trying to land him. He’s OK but nothing screamed out $1M+ a year. Watched a few games this year too. Same same. He can rot at the GWS while we win our next premiership in 2020 and 2021.

What are you trying to get at here, really?

Are you just tugging me along some bulls**t string of questioning to say something you want me to say? Or is this just all being a smart ass for the sake of it?
To be honest I did not think it was that hard a question to answer a simple yes we acknowledge it or no we don't will do. You cannot not acknowledge it under Scott but acknowledge it under Shaw I would not have thought or am I wrong .

Hell hath no fury like NMFC Bigfooty posters scorned

Kelly would make us a better side the second he walked through the door. The romantic element of it is dead and rightly so but if he became available we'd pull the trigger on him in a heartbeat

I watched a lot of his games during the period we were trying to land him. He’s OK but nothing screamed out $1M+ a year. Watched a few games this year too. Same same. He can rot at the GWS while we win our next premiership in 2020 and 2021.

Lol yeah nah

Kelly wouldn't make us a top 4 team on his own.

Dusty would.

We should have offered $2m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok
Getting back on track
IF, in the unlikely scenario GAGF, was available for our first rounder....
Do we do the deal on the proviso Petruccelle comes along with him?
I reckon that would be fair and something we should be asking for, considering we could’ve got GAGF for free last year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love trade period, the opportunity it presents and intrigue mixed with all the silly rumours, peoples ridiculous trade ideas etc etc.

But, the idiots that host the primary show to communicate all of it are people I cannot listen to nor respect.

Looks like i'm in luck this year after work with the only guy I don't despise. The morning is a total cluster that doesn't finish until 6PM!! Horrible stuff. I can cope with Mitch Cleary - alone.

Phew!

The 2019 Trade Radio lineup:
7am – 9am: Barrett & Lloyd
9am – 12pm: McClure & Dal Santo
12pm – 1pm: Barrett & Cleary
1pm – 3pm: Russell & Cooney
3pm – 6pm: Cornes & Wallace
6pm – 7pm: Cleary

To be honest I did not think it was that hard a question to answer a simple yes we acknowledge it or no we don't will do. You cannot not acknowledge it under Scott but acknowledge it under Shaw I would not have thought or am I wrong .

Right, fair enough.

In the interest of fairness I'd acknowledge both, it doesn't necessarily have to be one way or another. Brad's last few years were apalling, but I can't not give him props to the fact he took a very lean list pretty far a few times.

Shaw despite his 10 games, doesn't really get to be judged in my opinion until Round 1-3 under his new team, new coaches and new-ish list.

I can't deal much in hypotheticals until Shaw does take a team into a finals series. Which I think he can, our list isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Hell hath no fury like NMFC Bigfooty posters scorned.

Kelly would make us a better side the second he walked through the door. The romantic element of it is dead and rightly so but if he became available we'd pull the trigger on him in a heartbeat.
Well said. Any possible romantic element, if it ever existed, is dead. Yes, he’d improve us, and yes you’d see the love-hate pendulum swing back the other way, quick smart, but I think the greater reality seems to be his genuine connection with GWS.

If he ever came to us, it would feel like NDS, not Higgo or W80.

Agreed he has had a down year on his high standards but his down year would nearly translate to a break out year for a lot of players. Like him or not for not coming to us he would improve us 10 fold.
The trouble is though, is the last 18 months a sign to come? He was even tested for hamstring tightness during the GF ffs...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Agreed he has had a down year on his high standards but his down year would nearly translate to a break out year for a lot of players. Like him or not for not coming to us he would improve us 10 fold.
He’s playing in a system that makes him look like a crab.
Leon Cameron is a terrible coach.

The longer it takes that plastic heap of s**t to see this the better. They arnt winning s**t under this bloke...

He had nothing yesterday. Nothing.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He had Zac Williams at half forward and Greene stuck inside 50 when the game was getting away from them.
Completely went away from what worked in the prelim final in terms of changing it up but their gameplan was destined to fail before the opening bounce.
It was just never going to work. You need to attack to win grand finals.
Hope Rhyce saw that. He was basically a GWS official yesterday.

So you where originally against getting him I presume. So what Dusty type do you think we should target.
I was very much originally for getting him - the combination of him and Dusty would have been fantastic.

However 2 years have passed on and Dusty has shown us why he is elite - Josh has not. Josh is a good player - not elite.

There are no elite level midfield players gettable by us - I think its a matter of us having to grow our own and to get the best young mids you need early (or some luck) in your selections.

This will play out in 2020 with LDU, Ahern, TT, Bailey and Jy - and note these 5 weren't here when we spoke to Kelly the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back