BBL 2020-21 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate it when commentators flog the hell out of sh*t nicknames like Spice Man

They're pretty much doing this

giphy.gif

it's a wonder Glen Maxwell never took James Brayshaw into the car-park for all the damage Brayshaw did to Maxwell thanks to the nick-name....

it's a wonder Glen Maxwell never took James Brayshaw into the car-park for all the damage Brayshaw did to Maxwell thanks to the nick-name....

I always liked Big Show

Pity Maxy could never live up to it

Maybe there's a really good reason that dude is called Spice Man

But it was never explained to Aussie viewers, we were left to interpret it ourselves. And he's been s**t the whole time, so how are we supposed to make a link between his weird nickname and possible meanings, such as his bowling is spicy or something along those lines when he's been woeful?

I always liked Big Show

Pity Maxy could never live up to it

Maybe there's a really good reason that dude is called Spice Man

But it was never explained to Aussie viewers, we were left to interpret it ourselves. And he's been sh*t the whole time, so how are we supposed to make a link between his weird nickname and possible meanings, such as his bowling is spicy or something along those lines when he's been woeful?
Again its because he makes spicey chicken, got the nickname because he can cook

Again its because he makes spicey chicken, got the nickname because he can cook

I'm not sure what's worse: an International Cricketer's nickname stemming from the fact he's liberal with the cayenne pepper like that's some sort of really unique trait, or you instantly leaping to it's defence

Both are equally as sad unfortunately

Last edited:
I'm not sure what's worse: an International Cricketer's nickname stemming from the fact he's liberal with the cayenne pepper like that's some sort of really unique trait, or you instantly leaping to it's defence

Both are equally as sad unfortunately
Im not defending it any way, its literally the only reason he got the name

No worse then Bowlolgist

Im not defending it any way, its literally the only reason he got the name

No worse then Bowlolgist

Bowlolgist has a basis in the game of Cricket. You might not like it, but it fits

A sportsman being known because they over season food has to be the worst reason I've ever heard

Bowlolgist has a basis in the game of Cricket. You might not like it, but it fits

A sportsman being known because they over season food has to be the worst reason I've ever heard

Watched the highlights of last night's game. The writing on the back of the Sixers shirts is the most cringe thing I've seen in a very long time. What a joke

Considering why they were wearing, I wouldn't call them cringe or a joke - they are actually quite special in their meaning:

The Sydney Sixers will wear inspirational messages from youth cancer patients on their jerseys as they take on the Perth Scorchers in Saturday’s Big Bash League clash.

The initiative is part of the Sony Foundation’s youth cancer program ‘You Can’ with the jerseys to be auctioned after the match.

Each player’s shirt will feature three words as chosen by a youngster who is fighting or has beaten cancer.

The fact international players come/go so much each season, and then some teams get more stacked than others with Aus test players reiterates the micky mouse nature of this comp.

The fact international players come/go so much each season, and then some teams get more stacked than others with Aus test players reiterates the micky mouse nature of this comp.
imagine if the sixers had Starc Lyon and Smith plus Abbott and Hazelwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm axsh'ry sick of the big bash axsh'ry because of all the commentators saying axsh'ry all the time. Has anybody else axsh'ry noticed that?

Have the Sixers or Thunder played any games in Sydney this season?

I'm pretty sure the Sixers haven't, all the other teams have been able to spend some time in the home state, while the Sixers (and maybe Thunder) have toured the country. Makes their form all the more impressive IMO.

Have the Sixers or Thunder played any games in Sydney this season?
Sixers played their last match against the Scorchers at the SCG. Thunder play Hurricanes at Sydney Showground today. Both have also played at Manuka, which is more their home ground than anyone else's.

I think home grounds are a bit overrated in BBL anyway, the only team I've ever felt has a significant home ground advantage was Scorchers because of the distance.

Sixers played their last match against the Scorchers at the SCG. Thunder play Hurricanes at Sydney Showground today. Both have also played at Manuka, which is more their home ground than anyone else's.

I think home grounds are a bit overrated in BBL anyway, the only team I've ever felt has a significant home ground advantage was Scorchers because of the distance.

Those games are in Canberra where I don’t think Thunder have left Canberra all tournament which has been their second home ground since the beginning of the big bash anyway!

But they are going to have to find an airport as the rest of their games are in Adelaide after tonight.

Scorchers and Sixers was played at Manuka. I understand the error, Manuka Oval looks a lot like the SCG, especially the two Bradman stands, they are almost identical. :D

I think there is an advantage to playing at home ground and not just because your playing in front of your home crowd. The comforts away from the game can play a part in how you perform during the game. And the Sixers haven't had much time at home since the season started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back