Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little worried about fatigue. We had a brutal game compared to Geelong. I'm also thinking about Collingwood after their trip to WA and also GWS in the Grand Final last year.

Critical to get our recovery spot on. We can't afford to start slowly.

Tigers by 4 points.
I think we'll be fine considering it was a short season. Plus, Edwards, houli and Prestia didn't play a full season. Also, Edwards and Prestia are getting better each match.

Geelong didn't face any pressure the past matches. They'll get a shock and crumble when we apply the pressure on them. Dangerfield will just keep kicking the ball out of bounds lol.

Could we see Caddy come in?
I think it's highly unlikely, but the only possible inclusion

We bring the pressure and hit targets inside 50it'll be over.

Give Geelong an inch they will take a mile.

I reckon our hard game is good. Gets us mentally ready to go. Geelong has cruised in since losing the first final. They aren't hardened like us right now.

Could we see Caddy come in?
I think it's highly unlikely, but the only possible inclusion
i dont think so.
id like to see it but it wont happen, team to go unchanged.
pickett would be the only one to go and i think he did enough in the last qtr to save himself.

I'm a little worried about fatigue. We had a brutal game compared to Geelong. I'm also thinking about Collingwood after their trip to WA and also GWS in the Grand Final last year.

Tigers by 4 points.
Geelong have played the exact same amount of games as us and the game has ben shortened by a qtr.

Tigers by 4 points.
I think it all depends on how the final quarter looks for the team. Last year either GWS or Collingwood probably would have been smashed by us as they were both fighting tooth and nail to win that game with it coming down the the final seconds. If you look out our final quarter against Port, the ball was still freely moving between the arcs both ways and didnt live in our backline. Hell you could say we should have been spent last year as well considering we made a 40 point swing in the second half to win.

This year, we did have a harder game and the cats and a nice bruise free game. Scott will be desperate to win as he doesn't want that nagging feeling that he only ever inherited a grand final victory in 11. Hopefully that pushes him to make some mistakes. Danger is the wild card for me. In the past you put pressure on him and he wilts but the thought of winning his first flag could inspire him to have a Lethal/Carey type game.

i dont think so.
id like to see it but it wont happen, team to go unchanged.
pickett would be the only one to go and i think he did enough in the last qtr to save himself.

Pickett won't be dropped. I have a friend in the media and they said Pickett is one of the players made available to interview later this week. Same for Kamdyn. Would be unheard of to drop a player after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind seeing it to be honest, but who for?

Pickett would be one - he is the joker in the pack of our side

his best is breath-taking ... his worst is unbelievably costly

Caddy, not-withstanding the double 50 earlier in the year is a "safer" player

I think it all depends on how the final quarter looks for the team. Last year either GWS or Collingwood probably would have been smashed by us as they were both fighting tooth and nail to win that game with it coming down the the final seconds. If you look out our final quarter against Port, the ball was still freely moving between the arcs both ways and didnt live in our backline. Hell you could say we should have been spent last year as well considering we made a 40 point swing in the second half to win.

This year, we did have a harder game and the cats and a nice bruise free game. Scott will be desperate to win as he doesn't want that nagging feeling that he only ever inherited a grand final victory in 11. Hopefully that pushes him to make some mistakes. Danger is the wild card for me. In the past you put pressure on him and he wilts but the thought of winning his first flag could inspire him to have a Lethal/Carey type game.
Wouldn't have called Adelaide's prelim in 2017 a hard game either.... while our Prelim v GWS (while in hindsight was decided by 3/4 time) was still "up for grabs" well into the last (due to our 36 years of baggage etc).

I'll our back out fitness staff to have our guys fit and firing. and (following 2018) if anyone doesn't get up, they will not play. Our emergencies are solid.

Go Tigers!!

Gotta feel for Markov. Will have been an emergency for two grand finals now.

As for preparation, walking into a grand final with an easy prelim is rarely a good thing. Sydney absolutely belted North in 2014, while Hawthorn beat Port in a thriller. Hawks rolled Sydney the next week.

I’m a big caddy fan but he’s just in that funny predicament where there isn’t a spot.
Bloody good footballer but with the need for certain roles filled that doesn’t just get you in to this team anymore.

Just on whether we'll have it in the legs for Saturday...

I just watched the end of the Prelim and our guys were running all over the ground celebrating.

Yeah, there were quite a few blokes sporting ice packs after the game, but what happened just after the siren has me convinced that there's still plenty of run in the legs for next week. They were all dancing around like wild things. Not a single bloke looked like he had just scrapped over the line.

I think we'll be good to play the Richmond way.

I’m a big caddy fan but he’s just in that funny predicament where there isn’t a spot.
Bloody good footballer but with the need for certain roles filled that doesn’t just get you in to this team anymore.
Yep and heard one of the assistant coaches say he was there abouts but just didnt have time to get enough games into him.

Jeeze he’s a handy finals footballer tho.. would love his aggression, skills and smarts on the day

I like how the media keep saying cats are a different team this time around because selwood gaz and rohan are in. But no mention that we'll have prestia edwards and astbury.

Gaz has done SFA all year except the other night when he ran around without an opponent and Rohan goes missing every time when the pressure is on.

One thing we need to be careful of is Hawkins rucking deep in the forward line. He monsters the oppo ruck nearly every time he's so strong in that scenario.

Im more confident this week than the last 2.

caddy has played just 2 games since round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back