Game Day 2020 AFLW Rnd 6 - Richmond v St Kilda , Sat 14 Mar, RSEA Park 5.10pm Melb time

Remove this Banner Ad

What astounds me when reviewing the stats ea week and how few of our players > 4-5 possies , Bernadi included

Because they’re mostly s**t or unfit to play at the top level. To give you an example have a look at Frederick when she enters the screen. She can’t run because she’s too fat and isn’t agile enough to do anything when the ball hits the deck. s**t recruiting, s**t coaching and tactics and crap fitness/athletic profiles. Some of these women shouldn’t be playing in a premier competition yet we recruited them.

So out of all our VFLW players we let Egan go...

yes, we picked 7 players before her, before the bidding process (A.Makur Chuot, T.Stahl, R.Miller, C.Wakefield, A.Edmonds, G.Campbell, K.Jacques)
G.Egan was part of the bidding process along with K.Dempsey, A.Woodward and L.Bailey
G.Egan joined the Blues which bid selection No.13 (No.9 Victorian Draft) Tigers chose not to match with their next selection. Pick 25 (12 Victorian).
L.Bailey received a bid from Carlton, No.59 (No.30 Victorian Draft), Tigers matched by using their next available selection. Pick 71 (35 Victorian).
K.Dempsey received a bid from Collingwood, No.74 (No.42 Victorian Draft), Tigers matched with their next available selection. Pick 84 (44 Victorian).
A.Woodward didn't receive a bid from any club, automatically went on our list

Let’s turn the heat down. We are stuck with this list and the mistakes we made over the off season. Let’s hope we review this mess before or if there is another season.

Guess we have to support this fiasco to the end and pressure the club to make some tough calls and not waste the clubs money. The team aren’t fit enough or skilled enough but they don’t deserve abuse from us. Nothing can change now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s turn the heat down. We are stuck with this list and the mistakes we made over the off season. Let’s hope we review this mess before or if there is another season.

Guess we have to support this fiasco to the end and pressure the club to make some tough calls and not waste the clubs money. The team aren’t fit enough or skilled enough but they don’t deserve abuse from us. Nothing can change now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. It's one thing to call out the deficiencies as you see it, it's patently stupid to write what you would not say in person to the person (and if you do say it to the person expect to receive a resounding gob full back and possibly a cancelled membership.

What astounds me when reviewing the stats ea week and how few of our players > 4-5 possies , Bernadi included

Bernadi is a real puzzle, so too Stahl. They are both abundantly more talented than they have shown. It's why I call a disconnect is happening somewhere. The list has holes, but it's not as bad as the performances the going on. There is something really wrong there.

Amen, Tiger.

Nothing is ever all bad. Ross looked good in her first game for us. It was probably Seymour's best game. Ditto Edmonds. Conti and Monahan ticked up excellent individual games, again.

My frustration is the lack of the coach trying a few things with positioning. Probably couldn't go worse.

Makur Chuot and Molan are both are being played a long way out of position. Molan played CHB as a junior, and is now being expected to play wing, or inside mid. Makur Chuot is a winger being asked to play KPD. Swapping them for a half couldn't hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like a broken record on this, but I watched a lot of Bernardi at GWS. She is lazy and selfish and that really lets her down because she is really talented. Without speculating too much, I think there may be a reason that she's at her third club.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like a broken record on this, but I watched a lot of Bernardi at GWS. She is lazy and selfish and that really lets her down because she is really talented. Without speculating too much, I think there may be a reason that she's at her third club.

Ordinary footballer 4-5 p most weeks , thx for coming

I've felt like saying that, but just wasn't sure. I think she is softer than most and that makes her look lazy perhaps. Think she prefers uncontested footy. It's not necessarily a bad thing when you can give her lots of the footy, some can really thrive playing like that, they get a chance to use skills that are a little more elite than those around them. But all the footy in our forward line has been contested in one form or another. I'm not suggesting she won't, just that she prefers an uncontested game and that lessens the intensity.

Bernadi is a real puzzle, so too Stahl. They are both abundantly more talented than they have shown. It's why I call a disconnect is happening somewhere. The list has holes, but it's not as bad as the performances the going on. There is something really wrong there.
Stahl’s form is not what I have known of her before. She’s an exciting player, which makes me wonder what’s going on.

Yeah, she plays a bit like Tyrone. Sneaks to the goal square rather than attacking the footy.

Dunno why we're playing kids in the midfield and leaving a seasoned, mature player with good skills standing alone in the goal square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back