Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

My 22 guess as to what will be named for us:

FB: Aliir, Brand, Mills
HB: Dawson, Rampe, Lloyd
C: Taylor, Parker, Cunningham
HF: Hayward, Reid, Blakey
FF: Gray, Sinclair, Papely
R: Naismith, Kennedy, Heeney
INT: Rowbottom, Florent, Mccartin, COR

I'd be happy for Sinclair and COR out for Stephens and Gould in.

Spoon material

Brand, Lloyd, Taylor, Cunningham, Hayward, Reid, Sinclair = NEAFL standard

The rest = average AFL players.

Only blokes above average are Papley and Rampe.

Spoon material

Brand, Lloyd, Taylor, Cunningham, Hayward, Reid, Sinclair = NEAFL standard

The rest = average AFL players.

Only blokes above average are Papley and Rampe.

It is hard to take your opinion seriously when you think that the All-Australian squad making, Bob Skilton medal winning, Victorian state team representing Jake Lloyd is an NEAFL standard player. If that is the case then 90% of the league is NEAFL standard.

I'd like to know what you thought of Clarke the whipping boy and his cameo....
He got a lot of ball and did some nice things. But his disposal is still quite loose. Sometimes he manages to nail if and do some really great things then he ruins it all by fumbling, handballing to someone's feet and then kicking directly to an opponent

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still kicks like a peacock, but I'd play him as the tagger, with Hewett being a pure on baller. Enough tagging Georgie boy, time to step up.
Kennedy did not play in the big win against Weagles last season. Hewett had 7 disposals half way through the first. Our mids were sensational that day. We killed them in the clearances because our set ups were not predictable

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clarke did not seem like he was on for long but seemed to demonstrate his strengths and weaknesses.

I think he has got excellent defensive running ability to get to contests and win the ball. Which I think is something our midfield lacks. So I think we are a better chance of winning games with him in our best 22.

Clarke did not seem like he was on for long but seemed to demonstrate his strengths and weaknesses.

I think he has got excellent defensive running ability to get to contests and win the ball. Which I think is something our midfield lacks. So I think we are a better chance of winning games with him in our best 22.
I also like him for this reason. If there is someone already on the list that has the potential to improve us on the inside in midfield, it is Clarke. His disposal isn't the best, but he can get the ball and he can be a physical presence.

I also think because we didn't draft him people assume he is older than he is, and count that against him, when he is younger than guys like Callum Mills and Jordan Dawson, still only 22.

Anyone mentioned that Kennedy had an amazing game with a ruck?

We will only see if it means anything later on, but could you imagine being JPK, battling it out to get any possession for the last 2 years, and all of a sudden, someone taps it to you?

I feel that Naismith WON'T be the messiah, but there will be a lot of our mids who'll love him none the less.

We will only see if it means anything later on, but could you imagine being JPK, battling it out to get any possession for the last 2 years, and all of a sudden, someone taps it to you?

I feel that Naismith WON'T be the messiah, but there will be a lot of our mids who'll love him none the less.
I remember when the swans came back from owen... Naismith was front and centre in that recovery. He actually squared up ruck contests..
Now he looks fitter and more versatile..
Might actually allow the mids to play their game with a bit more confidence.

It is hard to take your opinion seriously when you think that the All-Australian squad making, Bob Skilton medal winning, Victorian state team representing Jake Lloyd is an NEAFL standard player. If that is the case then 90% of the league is NEAFL standard.
The Lloyd hate baffles me. He plays a particular type of role and does it very well, week in and week out. He's not Nick Smith but the coaches don't expect him to be.

Bingo. Naismith won't be a superstar but if he can get ruck contests closer to a break even then he'll have done his job and I think it'll make a significant difference to our performance in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL site mock is what I would go with besides Sinclair

Two rucks seems overkill when they are both just 5/10 standard. Just play one and let AA relief until Reid is back.

Two rucks seems overkill when they are both just 5/10 standard. Just play one and let AA relief until Reid is back.
Sinclair isn't ruck in that lineup. He's FF 70%, ruck 30%. Also means Reid is dedicated CHF and McCartin is the third tall acting as FF when Sinclair is rucking/resting. Seems perfect IMO

Sinclair isn't ruck in that lineup. He's FF 70%, ruck 30%. Also means Reid is dedicated CHF and McCartin is the third tall acting as FF when Sinclair is rucking/resting. Seems perfect IMO

Is Sinclair really that good full forward though? Plays one good game as a forward once every blue moon but isn't reliable. I'd rather have someone else in the side who can bring something different, like COR with some run out of the back half, or Stephens with some run through the midfield.

Is Sinclair really that good full forward though? Plays one good game as a forward once every blue moon but isn't reliable. I'd rather have someone else in the side who can bring something different, like COR with some run out of the back half, or Stephens with some run through the midfield.
Definately not my first choice but think him as a forward brings more than what Stephens or COR could to the side.

What a waste of a spot. Can just get AA to ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back