2020 membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, just a quick question hopefully someone can answer.

We've relocated to Cairns and are therefore looking to get tickets to the final game v Freo next week. We can access free tickets to the game with our memberships, but have lost one of our cards.

Can anyone WITH 2 MEMBERSHIPS under the one account please tell me if the barcode numbers on your member cards run sequentially?

Thanks in advance...
Never mind, 2nd card found.

They DO NOT run sequentially... :-D

Can confirm that we get AFLNSW memberships as AFL staff in NSW. They Count toward both the Swans and GWS memberships as they’re a blanket home game ticket for either. Not sure the few hundred of us up here make a huge difference on the totals though.

As for the school & kids memberships, why shouldn’t they count? They’re how we grow the bloody game. Vic locals seem to have this elitist how dare thou attitude when told about the distribution of memberships up here. The market is not Victoria. It’s a bloody hard slog to get support and getting into a school and making 15% of their kids sign up is a f*n massive win for the AFL. If 3% of those kids then become regular members down the track, that’s awesome.

I’ve been in NSW for 10 years now and the growth seen here has been incredible. People are actually picking up Footy’s and heading down to the local park for a kick on a weekend. They’re turning up to local games to watch and enjoy the spectacle. I’m not sure victorians understand the significance of that compared to ten years ago. You’d be near beaten with a bat if you turned up with an AFL footy in your backpack for school in 2010 let alone went to the pub and asked for the AFL to be put on a corner tv.

Imagine what it was like when I arrived up here 30 years ago; you daren't mention AFL

Can confirm that we get AFLNSW memberships as AFL staff in NSW. They Count toward both the Swans and GWS memberships as they’re a blanket home game ticket for either. Not sure the few hundred of us up here make a huge difference on the totals though.

As for the school & kids memberships, why shouldn’t they count? They’re how we grow the bloody game. Vic locals seem to have this elitist how dare thou attitude when told about the distribution of memberships up here. The market is not Victoria. It’s a bloody hard slog to get support and getting into a school and making 15% of their kids sign up is a f*n massive win for the AFL. If 3% of those kids then become regular members down the track, that’s awesome.

I’ve been in NSW for 10 years now and the growth seen here has been incredible. People are actually picking up Footy’s and heading down to the local park for a kick on a weekend. They’re turning up to local games to watch and enjoy the spectacle. I’m not sure victorians understand the significance of that compared to ten years ago. You’d be near beaten with a bat if you turned up with an AFL footy in your backpack for school in 2010 let alone went to the pub and asked for the AFL to be put on a corner tv.
I dont think that's what people are saying at all.
Growing the game is terrific, but there is a massive difference between a free pass and a purchased membership.

Incidentally, a mate of mine got a free 3 game dogs membership for being a student at Vic Uni. No idea if it counted to our numbers or if it still happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back