2023 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I logged in to stop my auto renewal, but couldn't find it? Could you please let me know where it is? Thank you
Had the same issue. I sent the membership dept. an email requesting ceasing auto renewal and forwarded my reasons why. Reflected above by many. I am not releasing any hard earned until the club stops treating us like mugs. I'm not sure if that is the right process, so hopefully someone better informed can provide a more direct alternative.

I logged in to stop my auto renewal, but couldn't find it? Could you please let me know where it is? Thank you
It’s the button that keeps moving when you try to press it 😉

I understand why people don't want auto-renewal this year (and why any business likes it) but ultimately withholding our membership isn't going to take the club forward. Sending a message is important but it can be done in a number of ways. Going off auto-renew is a good one, even though you're still intending to rejoin. The bottom line is that we don't want to go backwards financially on top of all the other ways we've been watching the club regress this last year or two.

I have never been on auto-renew as a matter of principle, but last year the club decided it would auto-renew me anyway ... the presumption of which really pissed me off. I haven't had to change any membership settings this year because I have a newly issued credit card. The club did email to ask me for details of my new card (the old one had simply expired) but I didn't respond.

Despite all that I'll be rejoining again this year as an interstate member. I don't get much direct benefit out of it so I see it as a modest donation. Not nearly as much as some of you locals put in to the club, but at least it's a constant.

Im 45 years old and a 3rd generation supporter of this club. I first became a member when I was 12 after the failed merger between us and Fitzroy. I stopped my auto renewal 3 years ago as my dad became too old to go to the footy but we both continued buying a membership to support our club. I will always buy a membership no matter what but I can honestly say that after we lost to WCE and our season over, I can't remember feeling so sad about the state of where the club sits. To have such a talented list and not making the finals is is beyond comprehension. Bevo God bless him, is as stubborn as they come and clearly wields too much power when it comes to selection and playing players out of position.

Losing to the bottom teams in the last few rounds cost Bontempelli the Brownlow this year and the year Wines won the award.

Coaches come and go but the club will always remain and now is not the time to consider whether or not we as fans should stop supporting the team we love.

I'm not planning on canceling but changing our 2x Silver reserved seat memberships to GA after moving interstate 4 years ago and not using our memberships in those 4 years. The season has also impacted our decision as well as our personnel budget We will also keep paying Social Club.

You'd think when you're paying a 4 figure amount across multiple memberships they'd get your details right in the invoice email sent this morning - especially when none of then have changed in years.
1 reserved seat missing.
1 full membership now magically only a 6 game membership.
At least they got my free social club for being a 50 year member right, I suppose. 🤪

Oh well, onto the membership dept by phone... again.

Anybody else get the email offering the following free upgrades (from a 9 game bronze I currently have) if you switch to a Digital membership?

UPGRADE TO 9 GAME SILVER ON LEVEL 1
Upgrade your 9-game Bronze membership to a 9-game Silver Flexi and get close to the action sitting on Level 1 for the same price saving $95*

OR

UPGRADE TO 9 GAME GOLD ON LEVEL 2

Upgrade your 9-game Bronze membership to a 9-game Gold Flexi and experience premium seating on Level 2 for the same price saving $170*

Anybody else get the email offering the following free upgrades (from a 9 game bronze I currently have) if you switch to a Digital membership?

Upgrade your 9-game Bronze membership to a 9-game Silver Flexi and get close to the action sitting on Level 1 for the same price saving $95*

OR

Upgrade your 9-game Bronze membership to a 9-game Gold Flexi and experience premium seating on Level 2 for the same price saving $170*

Was part of the email I got that my renewal.is about to roll-over.

Got the email this morning. I notice you are unable to change your package as yet? I was hoping to do so, but no available options on the menu, other than Kayo or AFLW?

OR

Bizarre they are offering Silver and Gold for the same value - who wouldn't pick Gold?

OR

My offer as a Silver member is if I switch to a digital membership a free upgrade of my Bulldogs Shop voucher from $20 to $40. Hardly inspiring or comparable with the offers above.

You'd think when you're paying a 4 figure amount across multiple memberships they'd get your details right in the invoice email sent this morning - especially when none of then have changed in years.
1 reserved seat missing.
1 full membership now magically only a 6 game membership.
At least they got my free social club for being a 50 year member right, I suppose. 🤪

Oh well, onto the membership dept by phone... again.
I got the same, am a Gold member with a seat on Lvl 2 but no details about that on the Ticketmaster (ticketec??) site so I'm not going to renew until I get details and confirmation from the club that I still have the same seat, so will find a day to head down to the club and talk with the clowns. I spent an hour or so last year getting myself removed from auto payment that I never asked for, and was told it was sorted, but it came up again so I can't trust the people on the phone, hopefully in person it will be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I just skimmed over my auto-renew email and didn't even make it to the bottom of it originally.

I usually just buy a GA membership with social club add on as I don't mind sitting top level behind the goals and we never have too many issues with capacity. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a gold membership next season! I'm sure you can buy the member scarves elsewhere and I don't have any use for the rest of the physical pack.

This is a very common way of upselling. Offer a higher-level product for "free" for the first year in the hope that the customer is hooked, and happily pays the higher price thereafter.
1696590579025.png

Yeah they left that tidbit out until after going through the upgrade process.

Last edited:
Geez I just skimmed over my auto-renew email and didn't even make it to the bottom of it originally.

I usually just buy a GA membership with social club add on as I don't mind sitting top level behind the goals and we never have too many issues with capacity. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a gold membership next season! I'm sure you can buy the member scarves elsewhere and I don't have any use for the rest of the physical pack.
I'll post you mine if you like G_6, I don't have much use for it up in Cairns...!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I have renewed for 2024. Home Silver Reserve +EJ Whitten Social Club. I selected getting the physical package posted.

Go Dogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back