List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips at number 2.

This guy is hard at it and you can pencil in 30+ possessions week in week out from him for the next 12 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100% this. Looks a guaranteed midfield gun. Hollands might be, but hasn't shown it yet. Number 2 shouldn't be used on a speculative pick for me.

100% this. Looks a guaranteed midfield gun. Hollands might be, but hasn't shown it yet. Number 2 shouldn't be used on a speculative pick for me.

Phillips represents the surest bet to me also. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a very good AFL midfielder.

Last edited:
Phillips represents are the surest bet to me also. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a very good AFL midfielder.
Seems to have been characterised as a competent accumulator but his pace, clearance work and decision making all look genuinely elite.

Phillips represents are the surest bet to me also. There's no doubt in my mind that he will be a very good AFL midfielder.

Next in line would be Campbell. I reckon this kid is being undersold. Folks like to comment about Hollands disposal, but look no further than the first kick of the NAB match & Campbell streaming out of the middle and drilling a 40 metre pass on his opposite foot. He looks every bit as damaging as Hollands by foot, and he's harder & faster.

Seems to have been characterised as a competent accumulator but his pace, clearance work and decision making all look genuinely elite.

His hands also. He doesn't fumble & he doesn't panic.

Lol, tough sh*t.

You don't reckon the AFL will act on it for their interests?

This bullshit excuse needs to be taken off them immediately. It's nothing more than a front to a rort.

1605998191946.png

Take academies away from club and centralize them as an AFL run system.

Then you don’t have the issue.

Have one AFL run academy in each state with all of those players involved eligible to be selected by any of the clubs.

Sorted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't reckon the AFL will act on it for their interests?

Not at all. There's no alternative fix. The original system had it where you had to take the player with your next pick (like the Luke McDonald draft) and the AFL decided that was unfair. There's no middle ground. Theoretically it's no different to the priority pick process.

Not at all. There's no alternative fix. The original system had it where you had to take the player with your next pick (like the Luke McDonald draft) and the AFL decided that was unfair. There's no middle ground. Theoretically it's no different to the priority pick process.

TPA has the solution. Remove club involvement from the things altogether. Make them independent.

Sydney pushed the boundaries with Nick Blakey, and that farce should see the demise of this ongoing rort.

Next in line would be Campbell. I reckon this kid is being undersold. Folks like to comment about Hollands disposal, but look no further than the first kick of the NAB match & Campbell streaming out of the middle and drilling a 40 metre pass on his opposite foot. He looks every bit as damaging as Hollands by foot, and he's harder & faster.

And yet you are calling Hollands a speculative half forward that might be a mid.

Hollands averaged 35% more disposals a game playing the same role Campbell did at Nab League level.

Campbell has never played as a midfielder in the NAB league either.

And yet you are calling Hollands a speculative half forward that might be a mid.

No mate, I am claiming he looks like a highly talented half forward who is a speculative midfielder.

If we take him, then I hope I am 100% wrong.

Hollands averaged 35% more disposals a game playing the same role Campbell did at Nab League level.

Campbell has never played as a midfielder in the NAB league either.

I don't expect that to last long.

Trade 2 to GC for 5 and next years first rounder.
Take who’s left over from best 5 - most likely Phillips.
For all we know, we may rate him 2 but others have differing priorities - such as Sydney looking for a key back and others going for talls.
Trade the later picks we get with GC and our later picks to move up and get another in the top 20.
Primed with 2 x 2021 first rounders.

Trade 2 to GC for 5 and next years first rounder.
Take who’s left over from best 5 - most likely Phillips.
For all we know, we may rate him 2 but others have differing priorities - such as Sydney looking for a key back and others going for talls.
Trade the later picks we get with GC and our later picks to move up and get another in the top 20.
Primed with 2 x 2021 first rounders.
There is a story that GC want to pick Phillips with 2. That’ll make things interesting.

We need to start focusing on getting the best support casts for our core. Our high end talent atm is already far greater than richmond had back in 2010 (when they started their climb back to the top). However, do we have the cattle to support our high end talents? This is where flags are won or lost. It's the 'B graders' that determine how many flags you get.

Do we have the right supporting players for our soon to be fab 4? This is there is a big question mark? Can players like anderson, ziebell, cunnington, dumont, polec complement the high end players? Apart from Polec, the rest probably cannot. We really need to start improving the 19th to 22nd player and then a few more.

We need to start focusing on getting the best support casts for our core. Our high end talent atm is already far greater than richmond had back in 2010 (when they started their climb back to the top). However, do we have the cattle to support our high end talents? This is where flags are won or lost. It's the 'B graders' that determine how many flags you get.

Do we have the right supporting players for our soon to be fab 4? This is there is a big question mark? Can players like anderson, ziebell, cunnington, dumont, polec complement the high end players? Apart from Polec, the rest probably cannot. We really need to start improving the 19th to 22nd player and then a few more.
Club started the process with 11 delistings this year.
It will continue with more gone in 2021.

Club started the process with 11 delistings this year.
It will continue with more gone in 2021.

Yep, more will go, let's see, the obvious ones are atley, hall, tyson.

Tough decisions must be made on ziebell.

If cunnington can get back to his 2019 form, then he is a valuable mentor to the other young midfielders, if not, then he is in the ziebell category.

Anderson and Dumont, both decent players who haven't done anything wrong and there lays the problem. They are at best, Average players, very consistent but average. We used to have a team full of those players. We have purged most of these average types. Can these two be integrated back into the team?

I think another round of cuts in 2021 will finally mean north has a full team on the the same page ready to rise up the ladder together. While getting the high talent is very important, getting the right composition is more important. We have the high end talent ready to roll but do we have the right support players and do we have the right role players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back