List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’ve always been a club that has a high retention rate in the past. Players would come in from other clubs and become engrossed within our culture. I’m not necessarily saying I disagree with what has been happening with our hard line of decision making however I can see this could have possible ramifications in damaging the identity we have built.

Who knows, that could be a big reason why we’ve been mediocre for so long. Players know they can come to north for a second chance and be looked after.

One thing for sure is I know we have Brady Rawlings in charge of a lot of this decision making and you would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated and passionate North person.

The idea of bottoming out again next season and getting A top 3 draft pick sounds good in theory. However I believe winning games and showing promise will be just as important for the psyche of the 2021 playing group.

Toot toot

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’ve always been a club that has a high retention rate in the past. Players would come in from other clubs and become engrossed within our culture. I’m not necessarily saying I disagree with what has been happening with our hard line of decision making however I can see this could have possible ramifications in damaging the identity we have built.

Who knows, that could be a big reason why we’ve been mediocre for so long. Players know they can come to north for a second chance and be looked after.

One thing for sure is I know we have Brady Rawlings in charge of a lot of this decision making and you would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated and passionate North person.

The idea of bottoming out again next season and getting A top 3 draft pick sounds good in theory. However I believe winning games and showing promise will be just as important for the psyche of the 2021 playing group.

We won't be tanking. A full list should be competitive next year, we have lost very few players that should have been in our best (fit) 22 next year so far. We also have improvement to come from those on the list. I expect next year that we will come out aiming to win games and improve on this year.

Hugh Dixon could be useful for your mob if you are on the lookout for a young development KPF if BBB leaves , never really settled with us but he has some talent it mostly commitment issues that have seen him get the boot

Tassie boy so he might do better after a wake up call and some hometown visits on the schedule

I think he’s good enough to play 60 to 100 AFL games if you can fire him up

Just a thought no harm intended

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Hugh Dixon could be useful for your mob if you are on the lookout for a young development KPF if BBB leaves , never really settled with us but he has some talent it mostly commitment issues that have seen him get the boot

Tassie boy so he might do better after a wake up call and some hometown visits on the schedule

I know Hugh and his family well and I've watched his, Alex's and Brady's progress closely....... could be the wake up call he needs, true, or he could clog the list up like some of the 11 players we've let go? But I get your thinking :thumbsu:

So according to some here we're really tight on soft cap? Is that post covid but not for 2021? Surely we have enough cash to be getting a coach for every position like other clubs have? Are we really paying shaw, brady and Ben Amarfio that much? Without a good development team and strong coaching staff there's no way we'll get better.

So according to some here we're really tight on soft cap? Is that post covid but not for 2021? Surely we have enough cash to be getting a coach for every position like other clubs have? Are we really paying shaw, brady and Ben Amarfio that much? Without a good development team and strong coaching staff there's no way we'll get better.

Making coaches redundant would not have helped that
Reckon we should cop the cost of breaching as with a young group and a young coach, it will pay over the long run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugh Dixon definitely fills a hole for those that are missing Wood and after Cox.

Soft cap got cut and we're still paying out Brad. Can't have seen this coming.

Making coaches redundant would not have helped that
Reckon we should cop the cost of breaching as with a young group and a young coach, it will pay over the long run
Every club had to make coaches redundant

Brisbane went from basket case to finals relatively quickly but Fagan had been coaching in the AFL for years and was mature in more ways than one. I not sure that Shaw has seen enough footy administration to be a senior coach with such a difficult task lying ahead of the club over the next few years.

Luke Hodge was an essential part of the whole thing. Probably Tas is an answer but I do think an older wise head, if identified, will be essential to help along the bevy of youngsters coming along.

Have we actually been told what the new soft cap is?
I don’t think a few teams have actually stood down people

They will all eventually - GC in particular just cleared out a lot, including Dean Solomon who we should be right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back