Preview 2021 AFL Community Series - Carlton v St Kilda Friday 4th March @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly they want to get as close to what they want throughout the year. With full respect to OMac he is a body that is put there to represent that player in that position

Yep.

Real shame that our forward line won't get a proper hit out this pre-season before Rd 1 since they've cut the number of pre-season games...the likes of Levi/Gov/Eddie might be a bit out of touch in the early rounds.

Yep.

Real shame that our forward line won't get a proper hit out this pre-season before Rd 1 since they've cut the number of pre-season games...the likes of Levi/Gov/Eddie might be a bit out of touch in the early rounds.
Would have been the case anyway, the 'extra' official preseason games would have already occurred before this week, not between now and round 1.

I’m looking forward to watching in person for the first time in 18+ months.

Seeing Jack Martin, Adam saad, lachie Fogarty, Zac Williams impact on a broader scale than a tv can ever provide.

Not concerned about the score unless it’s a drubbing. Footys almost back

I’m looking forward to watching in person for the first time in 18+ months.

Seeing Jack Martin, Adam saad, lachie Fogarty, Zac Williams impact on a broader scale than a tv can ever provide.

Not concerned about the score unless it’s a drubbing. Footys almost back

Heading along as a neutral and haven't been so excited to go to the footy in a long long time and it's the bloody community series! haha.

Is anyone else concerned about having Curnow and Setterfield on the wings? Such an important role in breaking a defensive zone and requires pinpoint kicking inboard and along the boundary line. I'm not sure where they go with Williams Walsh and Dow into the middle though.
thought Saad smashed lines.

Ed’s disposal was by and large much better when he was playing on the wing which pleasantly surprised me.

Was hoping to get a good look at Stocker but not to be, not sure why, perhaps they don't see him as AFL ready. He's someone I am keen to get into the team. He's a big strong body, he's a powerful runner with good agility, he's got good aggression at the contest and he can kick, it really is a good mix and just what we need. Maybe his running is not good enough or we have earmarked Dow as a round 1 starter and can't fit them both in.

Looking forward to getting a look at the rest. Wanting to see more players make their way into the team who can kick at a high level. O'Brien is another who is a good kick, hopefully get a look at where he is at.

Club will be wanting a good look at Moore and McDonald so I guess we will see plenty of them and have an idea where we go there.

Get the feeling Setters is being played as a wingman, to also add some height when pushing back defensively and or due to his disciplined nature to cover when the likes of Saad goes on a run.

Personally I prefer him around stoppages and I believe he will return to the guts, soon enough
Rate him as our second best around stoppages. With better disposal into our forward fifty a concern, think we have better options to play on the wing. Maybe he could rest at HB when he isn't at the stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never been so excited for a practice game. My first live game since April 2019 (I was in England for the rest of the year). Pumped to see the team play.
I’m strangely excited for you all. Even though last year, being in WA I got 3 games (Hawks, WCE & Freo) & the preseason match against Freo as well.

I normally head over 3-4 times a year, so I never really missed out.

Pumped for everyone going to tonight, enjoy!

yes, thanks.

7.10 kick off on Kayo (and presumably Foxtel too)

Was mooching Kayo access off a family friend but he's since closed off his account. Might need to sign up myself.

Would love to see the club negotiate some kind of digital membership in partnership with Kayo. I'd struggle to get to more than 2 or 3 games these days, but would happily shell out $150+ for a Kayo season pass and nominal club membership.

Was mooching Kayo access off a family friend but he's since closed off his account. Might need to sign up myself.

Would love to see the club negotiate some kind of digital membership in partnership with Kayo. I'd struggle to get to more than 2 or 3 games these days, but would happily shell out $150+ for a Kayo season pass and nominal club membership.

If you are a Telstra customer, you can get Kayo for $15/month (normally $25.00 a month)

The glaring issue in my view with the midfield line-up most are proposing (probably accurately) is that 3 are below average kicks - Ed, Dow and Cripps .. probably in that order. Setters is average to me, though should be better IMO and Walsh I would say is a little above average.. Off half-back, for argument’s sake, Doc, SPS, Saad and Williams... It’s not bad, not great, imo. I struggle to see our F50 entries improving to the level required until we have better kicks running through the middle - further reason that I hope we see more of Cunners playing midfield. Cunners, Martin and Fish are probably our best users - we need some of that skill delivering the footy permanently rather than having them occasionally playing up the ground. Hope we see it tonight, but not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back