Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taking JHF should signal the end of midfield recruits for a couple of years. Add any more and even with injuries blokes who warrant games will end up in the 2’s purely because of team structures and my heart can’t handle one of these blokes leaving.

Pure mids : Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell, JHF
Forward-Mids: Thomas, Stephenson, Lazz (?)

Thomas may wind up being more mid than forward but based on the number of pure mids whose strength is on the ball I think TT may spend a reasonable amount of time as a high half Forward because he can do it bloody well.
Agree with your comments. Quite frankly , I see Thomas being anything in his career and playing anywhere.
I even thought he could fit into that Hall role as the 1/4 back of our defense. He has speed , exquisite skills & also some mongrel for when he needs to lay a that tackle. We all know how important that 1/4 back role role is these days. We really want to continue having that running off half back , breaking the lines type of of player after Hally retires.

We defs needs a kpd in this draft, obvs we'll have to wait and see what sort of compo we gets for atley and dumont if anything as at the moment it would be nice if that 4th pick of ours whas higher

What are our collective thoughts on clubs that might potentially take our first next year for another first this year?

I doubt we'll up for that. Tbh we could easily be bottom 4 next year still, the comp is very even and we're unsure how linear the player growth will be.

We're desperate for KP depth at both ends and a competent pacey HBF.
A small pacey pressure forward would be amazing too.

NAB League Live Stream: How to watch GWV Rebels v Bendigo Pioneers

A 198cm key defender who put up some off-the-charts numbers during pre-season testing is attracting plenty of AFL attention. Watch the draft bolter live this weekend.

Chris Cavanagh

2 min read
August 19, 2021 - 1:03PM
News Corp Sports Live Streams

An athletic key defender with major “wow” factor is continuing to excite AFL recruiters and is fast shaping as a first-round pick in this year’s national draft.

Greater Western Victoria Rebels backman Joshua Gibcus stands 198cm tall but also possesses a giant leap which allows him to pick off almost any ball that comes his way in the NAB League.

A member of both the NAB AFL Academy and the Vic Country squad, Gibcus recorded the equal-third best running vertical jump during pre-season testing (95cm) and the equal-sixth highest standing vertical jump (75cm).

The East Point product and St Patrick’s College Ballarat student rates among the best key defenders in the NAB League this season, averaging 12.5 disposals, 4.4 marks, 7.9 intercept possessions and 82 KFC SuperCoach ranking points across 10 games.

AFL draft prospect Josh Gibcus played for the NAB AFL Academy in its clash with Geelong’s VFL side in April. Picture: Michael Klein

AFL draft prospect Josh Gibcus played for the NAB AFL Academy in its clash with Geelong’s VFL side in April. Picture: Michael Klein

“He’s hugely talented, Josh, with a massive vertical leap,” GWV Rebels coach David Loader said.

“He’s a hell of an athlete. He does some stuff during a game where you just go, ‘Wow, that’s AFL quality’.

“He’s a bit of an excitement machine. He’ll come out and stand on someone’s head and take a mark and you’ll just think, ‘Jeepers, this guy’s got some real power tricks in his bag’.

“We’re really looking forward to hopefully seeing some fine weather and watching his aerial work come into play. It probably hasn’t helped him that we’ve played in the wet so much, but if we can get a nice day with some decent weather he’s going to take some big marks and show what he’s really capable of.”

The Rebels are set to face off with the Bendigo Pioneers at Ballarat’s Mars Stadium on Saturday, with the big game to be live streamed at heraldsun.com.au.
The NAB League resumed for some regional teams last weekend while Melbourne remains in lockdown.

“If we can keep on playing and keep exposing the kids and what they can do, it’s a win-win for everyone,” Loader said.

“We’ve got a relatively deep, even squad this year so there’s quite a lot of blokes in our side that are in that bracket (which have AFL interest).”

Sam Breuer is another GWV Rebels player to watch. Picture: Michael Klein

Sam Breuer is another GWV Rebels player to watch. Picture: Michael Klein

Other players to watch for the Rebels include AFL Academy member Ben Hobbs and Vic Country squad members Sam Breuer, Jamieson Ballantyne, Charlie Molan, Hamish Sinnott, Josh Rentsch, Sam Butler and Kai Lohmann.

Breuer, a midfielder or defender, is the son of former Geelong and Port Adelaide player Shayne Breuer, who played 125 AFL games.

NAB LEAGUE MATCH OF THE ROUND
Saturday, 21 August, 1.30pm
GWV Rebels v Bendigo Pioneers

Live stream on heraldsun.com.au

if we dont get a tall with one of our first 3 picks i will spew. especially if Van rooyen is there at our 2nd pick

Yeah we don’t have much depth in the KP stocks - larkey/comben are our only real forwards and taz/Walker haven’t got long to go.

One of the four WA talls at our second rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Fabian Francis did was wrong and should not happen HOWEVER that was previous to him being with Jason's family. If he is the good father figure in Jasons life to the point where he takes his surname then that's fine. Hopefully Jason will be judged on his ability and not his personel life..
That fella Dusty seems to go alright, not to mention that other guy Ablett.

What are our collective thoughts on clubs that might potentially take our first next year for another first this year?

Unless it’s a top 4 pick, we need to wait another year. Our run home has been positive, but so were Adelaide after the bye last year. They’re most likely looking at pick 2 this year and we could easily be in the same boat next year. Until we actually rise up the ladder, I wouldn’t be trading future firsts unless the deal is heavily in our favour. Looking at the top 4 for next year would also be a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hello North Melbourne Board,

PMBangers one of your friendly Draft board mods and contributors here. Over the next week or so the Bigfooty Draftcast will be doing an end of the season look at the clubs with 3 clubs discussed per episode. North Melbourne will be discussed along with Collingwood and Adelaide with resident Draft Experts ModernArtillery and Pie 4 Life . If you have any questions about any particular draft prospects that you like for Adelaide, or want to know what sort of player may fit a need you want to fill, feel free to come over to our Draftcast thread and ask a question!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...wa-u17s-and-more.1278234/page-2#post-71674924

Cheers,
Bangers

As someone who has lost a twin sister, in similar circumstances, it makes me sick.

Sorry, just my thoughts.
I’m so sorry. And how you feel about this is fair enough and shouldn’t be brushed aside

All I can say is we aren’t drafting Francis or attaching him to the club, and if we draft Jason it wouldn‘t in any way imply endorsement or acceptance of Francis and what he did. People make decisions about their names and what they want to move on with or leave behind at all ages and for many reasons, it‘s complicated and emotional. I don’t think giving the kid the benefit of the doubt means anyone is doing the same for his stepfather. Also the club would have talked to Jason a lot and they would be comfortable with what they have seen of his character if they drafted him.

Goater moves like the Bont
2.92 seconds for the 20m sprint is pretty good.
So is a 96cm vertical leap
Don't sleep on the GOAT. 190cm, elite acceleration, speed and vertical leap. Improved as the year has progressed (19 disposal average over first 3 NAB league games, 27 touches in his last 3, played very well in the Country-Metro trial game.

Excellent hands in the contest, one touch player below the knees, versatile.

Definitely has his weaknesses, namely his defensive pressure in the contest, hitting the scoreboard and tidying up his kicking (technique is fine)

2nd rounder is way too late - if he's there at our second rounder it'll be ridiculous in the best way possible.
Plus BFNAAK.

Hello North Melbourne Board,

PMBangers one of your friendly Draft board mods and contributors here. Over the next week or so the Bigfooty Draftcast will be doing an end of the season look at the clubs with 3 clubs discussed per episode. North Melbourne will be discussed along with Collingwood and Adelaide with resident Draft Experts ModernArtillery and Pie 4 Life . If you have any questions about any particular draft prospects that you like for Adelaide, or want to know what sort of player may fit a need you want to fill, feel free to come over to our Draftcast thread and ask a question!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-draftcast-–-ep-3-modern-artillery-edps-join-us-to-talk-sa-u19s-wa-u17s-and-more.1278234/page-2#post-71674924

Cheers,
Bangers

can’t say that I do like anyone for Adelaide. But I would be interested to see who North goes for at our second round?Do we go for one of the WA talls considering Comben’s injury history?

can’t say that I do like anyone for Adelaide. But I would be interested to see who North goes for at our second round?Do we go for one of the WA talls considering Comben’s injury history?
and I was SURE that I had edited that smh

Classic one job PMBangers, getting all nervous and fluffing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back