Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not convinced by van Rooyen or Williams and wouldn’t bite unless it was like 3rd round or later.

Bazzo I’m keen on.

What about them isn’t getting you over the line? Bar the obvious unexposed form against the best juniors.

To me, Williams seems to have that competitive vibe and takes contested marks. Maybe a bit raw, gives me a Balta vibe - could just be the tall utility thing. Amiss and Van Rooyen give a Schache and Battle vibe - too good for the juniors but maybe don’t have that uber competitive one on one ability that translates to the AFL as a key forward.

It’s a shame we won’t get to see them play against the better backs in Vic.

Slow and not good under pressure is a terminal combination in a mid. Again, don’t take anything I say a gospel but I suspect this is just one that the draft watchers doing their early predictions got wrong.

Roberts is a nice kick with time and space though.
I’ve watch Roberts since he was about 14, smart team player.

id have him in a heart beat.

What about them isn’t getting you over the line? Bar the obvious unexposed form against the best juniors.

To me, Williams seems to have that competitive vibe and takes contested marks. Maybe a bit raw, gives me a Balta vibe - could just be the tall utility thing. Amiss and Van Rooyen give a Schache and Battle vibe - too good for the juniors but maybe don’t have that uber competitive one on one ability that translates to the AFL as a key forward.

It’s a shame we won’t get to see them play against the better backs in Vic.
I’ve seen much less of the wa kids than others but I don’t like the way van rooyen and Williams move without the ball for defenders compared to bazzo.

So apparently pick 20 will be much sought after, as there are a few NGA aligned players hovering about that range, and their aligned clubs may be keen to trade into that pick and ensure that a) they prevent anyone else snapping them up in the range they cannot match a bid, and b) they get a pick in before a post pick 20 bid does come.

Winner of the premiership will possibly hold pick 20 (18 plus Daicos/Darcy), assuming Fahey from GWS doesn't go in the top 20, as the restriction on matched bids doesn't apply to the northern academies.

An interesting tidbit.

Does anyone know if the draft will still be held over two nights this year? North's pick 20 (possibly 22 or 23 by the time bids come through) as first pick of the second day could also be a prized commodity if so.

So apparently pick 20 will be much sought after, as there are a few NGA aligned players hovering about that range, and their aligned clubs may be keen to trade into that pick and ensure that a) they prevent anyone else snapping them up in the range they cannot match a bid, and b) they get a pick in before a post pick 20 bid does come.

Winner of the premiership will possibly hold pick 20 (18 plus Daicos/Darcy), assuming Fahey from GWS doesn't go in the top 20, as the restriction on matched bids doesn't apply to the northern academies.

An interesting tidbit.

Does anyone know if the draft will still be held over two nights this year? North's pick 20 (possibly 22 or 23 by the time bids come through) as first pick of the second day could also be a prized commodity if so.
2 nights m8

WHEN the AFL released its list of 90 prospects invited to the NAB AFL Draft Combine last month, Leek Alleer's name stood out.

The Central District defender was the only mature-age prospect invited to show his athleticism and test at the South Australian draft combine.

The League has since added 30 more names to the Combine lists around the country, including a couple more players overlooked in previous drafts, but Alleer remains at the top of the queue for older draft hopefuls.

So provisionally pick 16 it is.

Best available genuine centre square mid please.

If possible, trade in earlier.

Hobbits need not apply.

So provisionally pick 16 it is.

Best available genuine centre square mid please.

If possible, trade in earlier.

Hobbits need not apply.
Anyone we trade out should be used to increase our first round pick (even if just by one spot).

We.dont need 2nd rounders.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely YES. We badly need a genuine midfielder not a flanker that "will become a midfielder one day".
Hopefully one of these slip through to our first pick. Ward, Sonsie, Goater, Zac Taylor, Windhager & Matt Johnson.

Watched the under 18’s prelim today. Jase had a good game.

Harry lemmey for the 2022 draft had a blinder. He’s a freak. 199cms, speed off the mark is absolutely off the charts. Hands like glue. 20d 12m and 3 goals. Next year you will hear his name a lot. Tonnes of kpp, rucks and defenders in next years draft as well as centre mids. If there’s anyway we can get extra picks in next years draft I would consider it.

hoping for a good mid to slide in this draft but if not trade out or back. I’m very keen on bazzo, 195cm (from memory or may have grown) intercepting defender who moves 360 degrees. Would love to trade our pick back a bit, grab bazzo while getting extra picks for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that 16 cuts it for that tbh. We need a top 10-type talent.

I just want the best centre square mid who is available at pick 16 or whatever that turns into.

Otherwise take philthy05 suggestion and trade back a bit for Bazzo and get the mid next year.

No more flashy outside players. We have enough.

I just want the best centre square mid who is available at pick 16 or whatever that turns into.

Otherwise take philthy05 suggestion and trade back a bit for Bazzo and get the mid next year.

No more flashy outside players. We have enough.
Sure, but I agree with philty then. No point taking that midfielder with 16 unless a huge slider happens. Otherwise swap it out for a top 10 pick next year to get that player or use it to trade for one.

Sure, but I agree with philty then. No point taking that midfielder with 16 unless a huge slider happens. Otherwise swap it out for a top 10 pick next year to get that player or use it to trade for one.

Parker gets paid the big bucks to spot talent. It's not as if some high quality mids haven't been found with picks in the late teens picks onwards.

We will get Burgoyne as a father-son, that will fill our outside flanker quota.

And we can't trade back too far in case that pick gets burned on Burgoyne.

Parker gets paid the big bucks to spot talent. It's not as if some high quality mids haven't been found with picks in the late teens picks onwards.

We will get Burgoyne as a father-son, that will fill our outside flanker quota.

And we can't trade back too far in case that pick gets burned on Burgoyne.

burgoyne will go between 30-rookie. Most draft watchers have him closer to 50. Maybe he goes early-ish but can’t see him going earlier than 30. later than that.

not a heap of teams that would be crazy interested in grabbing a project flanker who’s body is years away from being ready.

And the crows are less of a threat as they’ll be adding a couple of very late possibly rookie nga players.

Bazzo is a tough player to read. I thought he might go around 25-45 but might have climbed boards late this year.

Hoping Windhager is the one that slips due to doing his acl last year. Quick strong smooth moving midfielder, is in the St Kilda academy, they can only match bids after pick 20.

I do think we need a specific type of mid rather than just inside mid though.

Our problem isn’t that we can’t get our hands on the ball, it’s that when we do we can’t get it out of a stoppage cleanly.

We just shoot rushed handpass inside contests to no one / a teammate under more pressure / our opponent. While other teams have players just grab the ball and run it out.

that’s the midfielder we need. One who can take the ball out of congestion themselves

I’d like to get up the board , have to be careful because it’s expensive moving up . Figure we could trade Houston , Clurey , Lycett , Byrne Jones , I guess they’re second round currency which wouldnt be enough We’d have to give up something serious like Ladhams and our first pick might get us up to pick 5 or something. That’d be a toss up wether it was worth while , we desperately need an A grade midfielder, Horne would be great but probably a bridge to far

I’d like to get up the board , have to be careful because it’s expensive moving up . Figure we could trade Houston , Clurey , Lycett , Byrne Jones , I guess they’re second round currency which wouldnt be enough We’d have to give up something serious like Ladhams and our first pick might get us up to pick 5 or something. That’d be a toss up wether it was worth while , we desperately need an A grade midfielder, Horne would be great but probably a bridge to far
I would think our first is going to Syd for Dawson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back