Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick look at Nathan Buckley’s coaching career:

Took a team that made consecutive grand finals - a team that was looking like the next dynasty mind you, down the ladder. List gets rebuild under him which gets him an A grade list with match winners everywhere, makes a grand final appearance then changes the way they play and takes them down the ladder again. It’s very hard to build a flag worthy list but Buckley had it twice in a decade and butchered it every time but because he’s good in the media he gets credit for being smart. He may be smart but he’s not a good coach.

Yeah terrible coach to rebuild a list and make a GF and PF. Terrible.

8 months ago we were blowing smoke up the asses of these kids saying how bloody good they are and how well they are developing. Now after a form slump, people are saying to tear down the walls and start again. It's absolutely ludicrous. I do agree that things need to be tweeked, that's plain to see. But these players have shown that they can be good enough, so as I said, isn't has to be on then as well.

I see this year as a year where we made many mistakes, hopefully we will learn from that and get better. As for Libba, he seems to be able to find some decent talent, yes he may have been at the saints for a decade, but so we're dalrymple and beatson in long term roles at clubs before becoming national recruiting managers. In fact Dalrymple was at the dogs when they were drafting duds between 2007 to 2012, then they got a a few father sons that helped them along.

Now I'm not saying they aren't all they are cracked up to be, far from it and I would love them to be on out team, but libba has also shown he can find talent.
Now if lethlean has been apart of the list build that has seen a team that was absolutely irrelevant to "should be top 4" in the space of a couple of years, well then I'd say hes doing a pretty sh*t hot job

Well we'll see how we go. It's all guess work but so far we had one good year in a season that stands out for so many reasons as an outlier. If you ran a form line over our drafting and recruiting for the last 20 years, you'd say we probably needed a visit to the knackery. Libba has not found any one yet but a bunch of potential players like Acres, Dunny, Mc Cartin, Newnes etc were once. I haven't seen anyone saying we need to pull down the walls and start again. Most just want some professional standards to be implemented so that we aren't still here arguing about how that rebuild 23 is the one that's going to pay dividends.

Just give us every chance of being the best and most would be happy. Having he same guys that created the shitpile still running the show is not exactly the most comforting idea for some of us.

Just stack up our list against top 4 sides. We are not like the others in age profile, structure, experience and especially the top end players. No top 4 club lacks an elite player and some have multiples and still have the potential ones we do as well. If we have every player available and we are fit and others are a bit off and the fixture suits us etc we might jump back up the ladder but it won't give us a premiership unless we do some real structural change instead of hoping to win the lottery.

I don't understand how they rule on these bumps anymore...

Based on everything we have seen the last 2-3 years he was looking at 3 weeks, minimum.

This 'not guilty' verdict opens a massive Pandora's Box for future head high bumps to be scrutinized and let go.

Massive step backwards IMO.

I don't understand how they rule on these bumps anymore...

Based on everything we have seen the last 2-3 years he was looking at 3 weeks, minimum.

This 'not guilty' verdict opens a massive Pandora's Box for future head high bumps to be scrutinized and let go.

Massive step backwards IMO.

Way I'm seeing it;

If you actually care about the contact and actually brace, you look like you're bumping, if you don't, you're fine so long as it's not "obvious".

Hockings comments are also understandable, as, head was impacted with force that was not an accidental head clash or something mitigating, so it gets referred for judgement.

Of course, I disagreed at the time and still do that Long was bumping Darcy and that was a visual thing mixed with Darcy losing his footing due to the way the ball bounced as "perfect storm" based on where people were coming from and going to.

But agree with a step backwards, also find it a bitch rich that the AFLPA made statements about how hard this has been on Mckay, utter joke.

Went to order tickets in the Ricky Ponting stand for tomorrows clash in Hobart and they were $78.I think AFL prices need to be looked at because it is meant to be at a family friendly price and that definitely isn't.

Went to order tickets in the Ricky Ponting stand for tomorrows clash in Hobart and they were $78.I think AFL prices need to be looked at because it is meant to be at a family friendly price and that definitely isn't.
Doubt prices have anything to do with the afl. They certainly haven’t at marvel or the g. Why did we lose bruce? No hindsight from me. Also that’s life. Understand the club but just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad we passed on Bont and took Billings, the way Bont arrogantly celebrates goals makes me sick, I much prefer Billings more reserved celebrations.

You'll not see Billings in those AAMI adverts, that's for sure.

So glad we passed on Bont and took Billings, the way Bont arrogantly celebrates goals makes me sick, I much prefer Billings more reserved celebrations.
Sarcasm lowest for of wit LOL
100% agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back