Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How St Kilda would it be if we merged with gold Coast and instead of becoming a superpower, just magnified the crappy elements of both clubs?

2030 St Kilda & Gold Coast become Gold Coast Saints
2040 Gold Coast Saints enter the VFL
2050 Gold Coast Saints win their first ever VFL premiership. President Maverick Weller is immortalised in a statue outside the club's Queensland training ground. Coach James Riewoldt signs an 8 year contract extension
2052 Gold Coast Saints shuts its doors permanently
2064 St Kilda Amateurs FC succeeds in applying for an AFL licence
2065-85 Wooden Spoon

Only watched a bit of last night - does anybody else think that Geelong are a pack of whingers?

And in the bit I saw, Hawkins did a "jumper punch" to the head which resulted with a Lions player leaving the field under the blood rule. Wonder whether Michael Christian will notice it - the commentators didn't seem to.

Only watched a bit of last night - does anybody else think that Geelong are a pack of whingers?

And in the bit I saw, Hawkins did a "jumper punch" to the head which resulted with a Lions player leaving the field under the blood rule. Wonder whether Michael Christian will notice it - the commentators didn't seem to.
Yeah nah, total sooks when things arent getting handed to them by the umpires.
I was loving the looks of incredulity whenever the umps gave a free against them for stuff theyve been doing for years (all those throws). Was great to see Brisbane take it right up to them too. Never took a backward step - reckon Vossy and his mates would be proud of last night's team effort.

Yeah nah, total sooks when things arent getting handed to them by the umpires.

It's a reflection of their whinging coach.

There's a fine line between being passionate for the team you coach and crossing into nuffie supporter territory, and Chris Scott throwing his arms around every time they get a FK against is definitely crossing that line.

It's a reflection of their whinging coach.

There's a fine line between being passionate for the team you coach and crossing into nuffie supporter territory, and Chris Scott throwing his arms around every time they get a FK against is definitely crossing that line.
Yes, really annoying to watch and even hear the whinger on TV or radio. Hope they dont even make the GF , cant stand them.

So if we lower our colours tonight and GC win (Norf) and Carlton win (Crows) we will be sitting on pick 3. With a tough run home.

So if we lower our colours tonight and GC win (Norf) and Carlton win (Crows) we will be sitting on pick 3. With a tough run home.
If the above happens Cursing.....it is what it is.

That's my motto for the rest of the season.........any wins for the rest of the season are a bonus..........hopefully we snag a few to give supporters hope going into 2022.

How's this absolute unit?

Wish we'd landed him.

Port-Adelaide-s-Aliir-Aliir-after-beating-Adelaide-in-round-eight-2021.jpg

Tommy Stewart got wound up yesterday, didn't he.

View attachment 1163567

Been a while since I saw a player benched like that.

Honestly, he’s one of the best defenders going round at the minute and showed some response when Cameron pushed him while he was on the ground. Wish more of our guys showed some interest like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, he’s one of the best defenders going round at the minute and showed some response when Cameron pushed him while he was on the ground. Wish more of our guys showed some interest like this.

I think he was getting frustrated because he was asked to play a lockdown role on Cameron rather than his usual loose man interceptor role.

His response reminded me a bit of Goddard who used to lose his cool and give away the odd 50 but I didn't mind it as at least it showed he cared.

man just listened to the on the couch interview with cochrane. i love roey and I've found cochrane a bit LOL at times but in this interview jesus cochrane made roey look incredibly silly.

tbh cochrane is 100% spot on about GC. if the AFL shuts shop in the GC they're absolutely foolish. city is growing massively. football has already grown massively. they just need more off-field support and then time.

draft picks or draft concessions wont work.

i'd actually support an increase in their soft cap in the football dept and a substantial one at that. keep the salary cap as is. keep the draft as is.

just get more money into the football dept there to attract some senior people up there.

they just need them to play finals ASAP that will stop the bleeding of talent.

It will be interesting to see how Robert Harvey goes as coach of Collingwood today.

I want him to do well but that means barracking for Collingwood so it's a tricky dilemma.

Would be pretty nice if the AFL released next week's fixture, hey?

Hopefully we get another primetime game against Collingwood, Harvey coaching against his old team is a narrative Ch7 would like.

man just listened to the on the couch interview with cochrane. i love roey and I've found cochrane a bit LOL at times but in this interview jesus cochrane made roey look incredibly silly.

tbh cochrane is 100% spot on about GC. if the AFL shuts shop in the GC they're absolutely foolish. city is growing massively. football has already grown massively. they just need more off-field support and then time.

draft picks or draft concessions wont work.

i'd actually support an increase in their soft cap in the football dept and a substantial one at that. keep the salary cap as is. keep the draft as is.

just get more money into the football dept there to attract some senior people up there.

they just need them to play finals ASAP that will stop the bleeding of talent.

They just need to find the best available staff to go there not more spend necessarily. Sydney just trim back the unnecessary stuff and run a tight ship. They should look at Brisbane as a model. They have pretty much followed the same path but now probably need to find a Hodge and ideally something like Neale and Cameron injection of top end to carry the youth although they already have guys like Touk Miller who is a solid high end player so maybe just import some leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back