No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if those in power at Carlton have forgiven Clarko for his role in the Battle of Britain all those years ago...
He didn't get him hard enough , Aitkin is an idiot , he was on the news this week training his team in lockdown , caught red handed. The way he conducts himself as a coach is something else.

After Ben Dixon belly-ached about journalists like Caroline Wilson not being accountable when they get things wrong (an idea that I don't think is completely invalid), I look forward to him "putting his hand up" tomorrow night on Fox Footy.

Journalists don't always take account for their mistakes and should, but ex-footy players trying to wade into this territory when they reflexively stick up for their old coaches, teammates, and mates no matter what should be heard from far less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Jeff Kennett never steps down from his role as Hawthorn president. He's doing a tremendous job of destroying that place.

Better Hawthorn than Victoria.

Excellent article by Rucci on the language used by media etc for non Vic based players. No AFL player should be judged by location rather than his achievements.

Oh god, Bruce is commentating the athletics.

This day just keeps getting better & better 🤦

I remember in 92, I was in grade 4, Bruce came to our school and gave a talk in assembly before the Barcelona games.

He went through, without notes, each games one by one from 1896 talking about each one. Listing who were the star athletes and what happened etc ...

I still remember it. It was incredible.

I remember in 92, I was in grade 4, Bruce came to our school and gave a talk in assembly before the Barcelona games.

He went through, without notes, each games one by one from 1896 talking about each one. Listing who were the star athletes and what happened etc ...

I still remember it. It was incredible.
Absolute professional in knowledge and preparation. Still a quality commentator in the Olympics environment. Such a shame he got sucked into the blokey bullshit and hyperbole late in his AFL commentary role.

I'm a huge cycling fan and Matthew Keenan is another like Bruce that has meticulous preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back