Discussion 2021 Help / General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being a little naive if you think the coaches won't find an exploit to allow them to use the sub every match.

Happy to be wrong but I think we're overreacting on the impact on Games and Supercoach, in particular:

1. Coaches exploit rule by 'exaggerating' injuries - maybe they can get away with it for 1 or 2 games, but not a strategy that is sustainable on a weekly basis. Easy for AFL to compare "substitutable injuries %" in 2021 vs historic baseline to highlight statistical abnormalities. Not sure clubs would risk bringing the game into disrepute for getting extra minutes into a fringe player

2. Coaches exploit rule by naming 'High Impact Player' as Sub - even if injury substitutions became a regular tactic, the 23rd man is hardly your best player and unlikely to have a significant impact on the result (as evidenced during the substitute days of 2011-2015)

3. It'll ruin SC scoring and cash generation - if you're affected then yes, but too many dependent variables for us to lose sleep over - i.e. injury needs to happen + deemed serious + you need to have that player

I'm not sure of the exact number of substitutable injuries in past seasons (please share if you do). However a previous comment said 75 concussion event each year. Assuming the number of non-concussion but still substitutable injuries is the same, you get 150 "substitutable incidents" each year

Since 198 games a year so 0.76 incidents each game = ~7 incidents per round = 7 affected players per round

396 total players each round = ~1.5% a particular player is subbed out (assuming injuries are distributed evenly)

Selected players are not distributed evenly so hard to calculate from an individual coaches perspective. However it feels that the threat of a sub ruining cash generation is no greater than having a sh*t game

Anyway just my two cents. A lot of other "sky is falling down" issues to worry about this year

There is plenty of discussion about players that we should be selecting in Supercoach, but why should we NOT be picking players?

Which popular selections will you be avoiding and why?

AFL Supercoach 2021: The players NOT to pick

Jordan Clark. Will be out round 2 when Duncan returns unless he dominates.

Kind of defeats the purpose of lowering I/C rotation numbers.
At the end of the day there should be no concessions for injured players if a team has a great training program and fitness levels they can still overcome being 1 or 2 players down, This rule will only help the weaker clubs trying to keep competitive longer. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What should I spend my 50k on?
2020-10-15_Hookah_pipe_styles_and_designs_600x.png

Large%20product%20shot%20-%20Coca-Cola%20Classic.png

Lampshades and soft drink?
Keating liked his French clocks & I like my lampshades.
Plus who doesn't like an ice cold soft drink on a summers day, maybe even with a sprig of mint, refreshing.

Thought that was obvious kenty.

Can somebody help me with the selection rules? Round 1 begins on Thursday night but many teams won't be named until Friday or Saturday. Like many I'm keen to pick rookies who actually play. Am I able to make changes up to game time?

Can somebody help me with the selection rules? Round 1 begins on Thursday night but many teams won't be named until Friday or Saturday. Like many I'm keen to pick rookies who actually play. Am I able to make changes up to game time?
it’s a rolling lockout each and every week.
you can’t reverse trades after the first game starts though so don’t confirm ‘em unless you mean it

Hi fam,

I've noticed a lot more people than usual picking DPP players such as Laird and Danger in the mids as opposed to in DEF or up FWD.

What is the strategy behind this as there are seemingly far more quality scoring options in that price range for MIDS then there is at either of the other positions?

Hi fam,

I've noticed a lot more people than usual picking DPP players such as Laird and Danger in the mids as opposed to in DEF or up FWD.

What is the strategy behind this as there are seemingly far more quality scoring options in that price range for MIDS then there is at either of the other positions?
How are there more quality scoring options?
Danger is 600k because that's what he averaged, if a mid only is 600k that's because he averaged the same.

In terms of picking a fwd/mid or def/mid and starting them in the mids.
It gives you trading flexibility

How are there more quality scoring options?
Danger is 600k because that's what he averaged, if a mid only is 600k that's because he averaged the same.

In terms of picking a fwd/mid or def/mid and starting them in the mids.
It gives you trading flexibility

I meant that there are options at a similar price range. Look how many mids there are upwards of 550k compared to fwds and defs.

In any case, what I usually do is pick the guns in their non-mid position, and put rookies with DPP in the mids to get that sweet swing happening.

Hi fam,

I'd say it's a few of factors:

1. the lack of even spread of rookies, majority in the middle and up forward
2. the great looking DEF and FWD premos
3. lots of MID premos have had interrupted preseasons
4. team flexibility to move players around, as there's lots of good DPP rookies

For me, I'm taking Dunkley and Dusty in the middle at ~$550k because I simply don't like any of the ~$550k MID premos. I'm happy to wait and see how those MID premos go, then pick up a bargain or 2 along the way. Then there's Danger, who at $610k is expensive, but I prefer him to Titch, who might take some time to get going after no preseason, while Danger could explode going back into the middle now that the Cats have a stacked forward line.

Also coming off a strange year with some inflated averages, I think some of the traditional "rules" of SC can be ignored this season

I'd say it's a few of factors:

1. the lack of even spread of rookies, majority in the middle and up forward
2. the great looking DEF and FWD premos
3. lots of MID premos have had interrupted preseasons
4. team flexibility to move players around, as there's lots of good DPP rookies

For me, I'm taking Dunkley and Dusty in the middle at ~$550k because I simply don't like any of the ~$550k MID premos. I'm happy to wait and see how those MID premos go, then pick up a bargain or 2 along the way. Then there's Danger, who at $610k is expensive, but I prefer him to Titch, who might take some time to get going after no preseason, while Danger could explode going back into the middle now that the Cats have a stacked forward line.

Also coming off a strange year with some inflated averages, I think some of the traditional "rules" of SC can be ignored this season

Fair points.

It's bloody tough to pick a side this season, so many players that I like won't make the final cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back