NFL 2021 NFL - Week 12 (Thanksgiving)

Remove this Banner Ad

Their backup was doing alright himself.
I agree they get the job done but some very lucky breaks so far. Not convinced.

Unless other teams get major major injuries, Ravens should be stuck at 9-10 for most of the remainder of this year. Likely 3-4 finish from here, which is 10-7. Lots of middling teams that are crap this year and only 8 contenders.

Chiefs and Bucs defense warming up nicely, looked far better these past few weeks

Id probably have:

1. Arizona
2. Tennessee
3. Tampa Bay
4. New England
5. Kansas City
6. Green Bay
7. Rams
8. Indy
9. Dallas
10. Buffalo
11. Baltimore
12. Chargers

They are the twelve teams who can win the superbowl, write your own ticket about the rest.
Put a line through the chargers IMO. Too many weaknesses to go all the way, they're bound to match up with someone who will abuse them in the playoffs.

And if I'm being completely honest... Baltimore and Buffalo are other teams who have too many weak spots to go all the way.

The rest of those teams are mostly solid across the board. It's a weird year with lots of solid teams but no 2 or 3 standouts.

Put a line through the chargers IMO. Too many weaknesses to go all the way, they're bound to match up with someone who will abuse them in the playoffs.

And if I'm being completely honest... Baltimore and Buffalo are other teams who have too many weak spots to go all the way.

The rest of those teams are mostly solid across the board. It's a weird year with lots of solid teams but no 2 or 3 standouts.

I dont think Baltimore is any hope either, too many injuries and Lamar is a playoff choke artist.

Chargers at their best can match anyone, but their best doesn't come around very often, maybe they can get hot towards the end of the year, but youre right, they are probably another year away yet from being a proper contender.

Something stinks in Buffalo, they should 100% be a contender, but they need to sort it out quick smart.

Always interesting to see people get carried away one way or the other based on one week.
Not sure I'd have New England in my top 5 at all based on the teams they've played this year, this week is a big test for them.
I agree with what you're saying but disagree on the Patriots.

The NFL is so volatile and luck based that one or two results hold 0 relevance to how good a team is.

But the Pats would have to be the only team in the AFC without a clear weakness. They have arguably the best defence in that conference, and maybe the most reliable offence outside of the Colts - in the sense that you can't just take away one thing and dominate them. The other teams in that conference are too one dimensional and if they played a team like the Pats they'd be in trouble.

Next 4 games will be telling, but the Titans at home is very winnable (-6.5 is overs I think but still), and then 2 games against Buffalo which is a very good matchup for them (watch them take away the pass game and then run all over them just like Indianapolis did), and then a tough game on the road against the Colts.

And it hasn't just been 1 or 2 games, they've been building. Almost knocked off the Bucs and Cowboys when they were still playing poorly, and since have won 5 in a row with a few clobberings and some solid road wins.

I agree with what you're saying but disagree on the Patriots.

The NFL is so volatile and luck based that one or two results hold 0 relevance to how good a team is.

But the Pats would have to be the only team in the AFC without a clear weakness. They have arguably the best defence in that conference, and maybe the most reliable offence outside of the Colts - in the sense that you can't just take away one thing and dominate them. The other teams in that conference are too one dimensional and if they played a team like the Pats they'd be in trouble.

Next 4 games will be telling, but the Titans at home is very winnable (-6.5 is overs I think but still), and then 2 games against Buffalo which is a very good matchup for them (watch them take away the pass game and then run all over them just like Indianapolis did), and then a tough game on the road against the Colts.

And it hasn't just been 1 or 2 games, they've been building. Almost knocked off the Bucs and Cowboys when they were still playing poorly, and since have won 5 in a row with a few clobberings and some solid road wins.

Yeah, the next month we will know on the Pats. Guess you could say that for anyone. But I am not convinced on them just yet. Their defense has been on fire though.

Looks to undergoing some serious mental health issues…

Soooo, Matt Nagy is gonna be fired after the game vs Detroit apparently.

About damn time. What a ******* waste of time this whole season has been in Chicago with a lame duck coach.

Looks to undergoing some serious mental health issues…

Griffen suffered mental health issues a couple of years ago when he was with the team. Looks like a recurrence, all indications are that he is alone in the house.

Has a coach ever been fired mid-season after a win?

Plenty of teams have given a coach notice that x will be their last game before, so id assume so without being 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffen suffered mental health issues a couple of years ago when he was with the team. Looks like a recurrence, all indications are that he is alone in the house.
Both times he has thought people were trying to kill him. I hope he gets the help he needs and is placed on the right medications

Both times he has thought people were trying to kill him. I hope he gets the help he needs and is placed on the right medications

Soooo, Matt Nagy is gonna be fired after the game vs Detroit apparently.

About damn time. What a ******* waste of time this whole season has been in Chicago with a lame duck coach.
This is just so f**king stupid. Its the kinda stupid you expect from the Browns or Lions.

Like he should of been fired in January, now your franchise has just wasted the first season of a rookie QB because you were too dumb to fire a coach everyone could see wasnt any good. Pace had better follow him out the door and same with whoever decided both deserved to keep their jobs after the last couple of seasons.

Sounds like Schizophrenia or Bipolar
Sounds like it. i have a feeling of what it could be, but i think its best we dont speculate on the mental health of people without more infomation.
Just hope he gets the help he needs to return to his normal.

i remember last time there was concern he may never play again, but football was a happy place and helped him being around the team.

As I mentioned before Everson had mental health struggles in 2018. I'm no mental health expert, but he missed the remainder of the season and that points to Griffen not being an active member of the team for quite a while. I hope he makes a full recovery.

It should not be underestimated the flow on effect to everyone else on the team. In 2018, the team laid an absolute egg against the Bills in a home game where they were 16.5 point favourites and that game was right in the middle of Griffen's struggles at that time.

The DL that goes to San Fran this week is going to bear no resemblance whatsoever to anything we've seen this year with Hunter and Pierce on IR, Tomlinson on COVID list and Griffen unavailable). The players available are: DEs Patrick Jones II, D. J. Wonnum, and Eddie Yarbrough and DTs James Lynch, Sheldon Richardson and Armon Watts. DE Kenny Willekes is on the practice squad and could be promoted. I've also heard that Tayshon Bower has been signed off the Patriots practice squad.

At the start of the season Zimmer mentioned razor thin depth on the defensive side of the ball and that depth is going to be given a baptism of fire against the 49ers this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back