LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AT 12.15 PM ON 28/11: Chicago at Minnesota

LIVE ON watchESPN AT 5:00 AM on 27/11: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour QLD
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

Last edited:
This is absolute ******* tripe. How can these guys be in the top 32 coaches, play callers, QBs etc in the country? It's ludicrous how poor the standard is in this comp.

There might be half a dozen good coaches and a similar number of decent QBs, but the problem is that there are nowhere near 32 competent coaches or QBs - at least not that the teams can identify effectively. It's a terrible product outside of a few games most weeks.

People may not agree with what Brady said in that interview but is he really that wrong? Boy jeez the standard of QB play is at an all time low bar the top 4/5.

This is as bad a prime time MNF game as we've seen...and yet we still have a half left lol
sad the simpsons GIF

People may not agree with what Brady said in that interview but is he really that wrong? Boy jeez the standard of QB play is at an all time low bar the top 4/5.

It's funny, I reckon if you went through some college threads 3, 5, 7 years ago, a few of us saw it coming. It was a topic of conversation in the college game going back a few years.

It's funny, I reckon if you went through some college threads 3, 5, 7 years ago, a few of us saw it coming. It was a topic of conversation in the college game going back a few years.

Found the interview really interesting and yes Stroud is a gun but really, it just shows how your Young's got away with average QB play and now is being found out. What's the solution no idea, but I agree with Brady throwing soft flags to help QB's out isn't the answer

I'm more of a casual watcher than someone who analyses the game, but I think the standard of QB play has definitely dropped in recent years. This year brings it into sharp focus because imo:

Even the "good" QBs aren't playing that well - I can't say any of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Hurts, Jackson have really lit the world on fire and all of them have had multiple poor decisions/throws/quarters/halves/games and cost their team. Miami and SF have great offenses but that doesn't seem to be coming from great QB play, merely that those two are playing competently within a good scheme with excellent skill position players.

The rest of the comp is littered with QBs that have glaring weaknesses, and maybe coaches/OCs are trying to mitigate this by having those QBs throw short, but the defenses know this and are largely shutting it down. Then those QBs are trying to "use their legs" and getting into trouble, taking terrible sacks of 10+ yards and seemingly not being able to process when they need to throw it away - or in at least a few cases this weekend throwing the ball away during the sack and not making the line of scrimmage and taking an IG penalty too. The amount of times we see teams at 2nd and 28 or similar is ludicrous.

As another poster said above, poor OL play is likely one of the main factors - but you should be able to scheme around that at least a little better than we're seeing. The NFL as a TV product is average at best right now, and that's without even mentioning the abject state of officiating the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% hutchy31 sorry won’t quote the whole thing.

It’s also why I wonder whether they would consider a non QB as the MVP this year. Hurts is probably the most likely of the QB options but how many halves are they behind at halftime?

These third and fourth down play calls on short yardage where the ball is thrown short of the first down marker are making my eyes bleed.

100% hutchy31 sorry won’t quote the whole thing.

It’s also why I wonder whether they would consider a non QB as the MVP this year. Hurts is probably the most likely of the QB options but how many halves are they behind at halftime?

I'm probably a biased SF fan but I'd have McCaffrey as a more consistently higher-performing player, and more valuable, than virtually any QB. I haven't seen a lot of Cleveland but I understand Garrett should be up there too. Parsons, Watt, anyone else on the defensive side?

Is Tyreek a good shout if he gets to 2000? He's been pretty good in every game I've seen him in, but again I don't watch everything.

I'm probably a biased SF fan but I'd have McCaffrey as a more consistently higher-performing player, and more valuable, than virtually any QB. I haven't seen a lot of Cleveland but I understand Garrett should be up there too. Parsons, Watt, anyone else on the defensive side?

Is Tyreek a good shout if he gets to 2000? He's been pretty good in every game I've seen him in, but again I don't watch everything.

If there is ever a year for Tyreek to get it, it’s this year. If he breaks the record surely he’s in contention. Heck for me the best QB overall this year has been Stroud to be honest

Move the chains by running it on 3rd/short & then you give the ball to Fields to throw who was worked out before HT. Idiosy!
Run the ball through Chicago…

Then start throwing it and get picked

Peak Vikings
Atrocious play calling. The QBs will get criticised but wtf are these coaching groups doing?

Reich fired and Staley probably to follow. Those guys are/were terrible but not much worse than most of the coaches out there at the moment.

Atrocious play calling. The QBs will get criticised but wtf are these coaching groups doing?

Reich fired and Staley probably to follow. Those guys are/were terrible but not much worse than most of the coaches out there at the moment.

Makes utterly no sense, A half competent coach would just run it, run it and run it. Yes it's boring and not pretty but winning "ugly" is better than losing trust me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back