News Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games 24 August 2021 – 5 September 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

How great was that relay???

Just great racing!

Go girls.
I thought we had lost by a touch.
Such a great group of girls and given the congratulations by the girls from other countries, seem well respected.

Day 9,

Swimming
11:37am AEST: Women's 50m freestyle final 12:15pm: Women's 4x100m Mixed Medley Relay
Emma McKeon is favorite to win another gold medal after claiming the 100m freestyle yesterday. Cate Campbell is also a chance of adding to her medal tally. After the 50m finals, attention turns to medley relays where our women will chase more gold.

Athletics
8.10pm AEST: Men's High Jump Final 8.15pm AEST: Men's 100m semi-finals 10.50pm: Men's 100m final
It's a big night for Australian athletics. All eyes will be on Australian Rohan Browning after he won his heat in 10.01 seconds. He's in the second semi-final. Don't miss Brandon Starc in the men's high jump final.

Hockey
1pm AEST: Men's quarter-final - Australia v Netherlands
Australia topped pool A while the Netherlands were fourth in the other group. Australia remain the gold medal favorites.

Sailing
From 1.05pm AEST: Medal races
Australia will celebrate its latest gold as long as Matt Wearn finishes the double points medal race in the single-handed Laser class (3.33pm AEST). He already has an unassailable lead.****Has to finish the race tho.

Equestrian
From 8.45am AEST: Cross Country Team and Individual
Shane Rose, Kevin McNab and eight-time Olympian Andrew Hoy will take on the Sea Forest course on a drama-charged day.

BMX

BMX
12.20pm AEST: Freestyle Final
Can Australia's Logan Martin live up to his billing as the world’s best BMX freestyler in Sunday’s final, the first for the sport at the Games?
Yes he can !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those 30+ year old blokes still getting around Frankston on pushies should find some inspiration in our BMX gold medalist.

i can just see them going into centrelink and filling out the form saying that they're bmx gold medalists in training...

Boxing - last fight finished 20 minutes ago via a disqualification. Mourad Aliev is still sitting on the edge of the ring refusing to leave. Got to feel for him going out of the Olympics in this manner, but damn what a blow up!

EDIT:
This is the best footage I can find of his immediate blow up instead the ring. The twitter ones are all region locked.

Last edited:
At this stage (I know more sport to come) but I would have McKeon and Fox as flag bearers in closing ceremony.

I like it. Problem is the athletes are required to leave the village within 48 hrs of their event finishing. Fox has already headed off to Europe.

Not sure what I would want to do if I am McKeon. Head back with team and do my hotel quarantine “with” them or stick around to carry a flag into an empty stadium?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back