Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can't sit, what 200m away, from the players and watch them train? Does that mean the players are not going to the shops or living their lives at all? I dont understand how these things interrelate.

Sounds like bs from the club tbh, and using a convenient excuse. They never like people watching training.
That would definitely be an AFL rule

So you can't sit, what 200m away, from the players and watch them train? Does that mean the players are not going to the shops or living their lives at all? I dont understand how these things interrelate.

Sounds like bs from the club tbh, and using a convenient excuse. They never like people watching training.
I couldnt go to my mums funeral, so i dont see why you could watch a team train

Never believed he was fat, but training photo's should always be taken with a grain of salt. Both flattering and unflattering one's.

Judge by actual footage in pre season games rather than something which looks completely different 0.4 seconds later.

Kelly looks in ripping nick in that photo ^ other one's not so much. Same can be said for Yeo. I think the training T-shirts in particular are unflattering.

Joshua Dawe

@joshuadawe9

·
4m

Daniel Venables among the final five
@WestCoastEagles
out of quarantine and back on the track. Shuey, Waterman, Ah Chee not training but Elliot Yeo is doing sprints and kicking with the main group
@9NewsPerth

Joshua Dawe

@joshuadawe9

·
35s

A quirky reason Jeremy McGovern was absent from
@WestCoastEagles
training today - he's on jury duty! Wonder what sort of trial the Gov is weighing in on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never believed he was fat, but training photo's should always be taken with a grain of salt. Both flattering and unflattering one's.

Thank you for reinforcing my view that footy team photo's should not be considered as definitively representing how the players look.

Now, just need our flattering Vets footy team photos to turn up.

So is this guy out there?
0d9b9abd46a2c5ab43a9e78de1529593.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joshua Dawe
@joshuadawe9

·
35s

A quirky reason Jeremy McGovern was absent from
@WestCoastEagles
training today - he's on jury duty! Wonder what sort of trial the Gov is weighing in on...

So much for the club being a mover and shaker.

Wonder if they tried for an exemption? Miss out on preseason training isn't great for a professional athlete........especially the Gov.

LOL if he sat on the Sydney Stack case.

So is this guy out there?
0d9b9abd46a2c5ab43a9e78de1529593.jpg

19 year old medium forward that pushes higher up the ground. Member of the 2020 WA U18s squad and broke into Subiaco's senior team that year to lead their goalscoring, kicking 13.8 from his 8 WAFL matches.

One of the players singled out by Sumich in October as being capable of playing at the next level.

In other words a more talented version of Nic Reid.

Seems a decent prospect, but don't see how he would be able to make any impact at all upon the club in 2021 - which then completely misses what the point of what SPP/mid-season draft is all about.

The club should be looking at proven mature players like J.Ramsay, J.Bolton or S.Fisher when it comes to this.

Also not happy that we are still looking at forwards - we just added Langdon and Winder to go with Ryan, Cripps, Cameron, Jones, Ah Chee, Petruccelle, 56 key forwards and whatever crab midfielder we decide to play as a defensive tagging forward. Plus Venables is training with the club again and Rioli may be back from suspension before the season is done.

Considering Yeo is coming back from a significant OP injury and both Shuey and Redden are now over 30, I know where I would be prioritising for additions in the squad.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear that but I don't think this is the same circumstance.
quatrentine is quarentine - its the vibe and the virus. Why was gaff locked away fotr 2 weeks?

I suspect (dont know for sure or particularly care) the AFL has set rules for all clubs regardless of specific situations, to be even handed.

So much for the club being a mover and shaker.

Wonder if they tried for an exemption? Miss out on preseason training isn't great for a professional athlete........especially the Gov.

LOL if he sat on the Sydney Stack case.
I would say they encourage players to undertake their civic duties if not in the season proper. I dont think for a minute that he was denied an exemption because WC have no political clout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back