List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be keeping an eye out on what’s available at the kennel. With a number of big names out of contract (Bont ect) they are going to face a little bit of a salary cap squeeze.

They have plenty of handy fringe players who are currently uncontracted that could play roles for us long term.

Ed Richards, Cody Weightman and Patrick Lipinski all OOC at the end of the year. I’d happily have any of them in Roos colours.
Laitham Vandemeer is OOC as well, who as well as having the best name in footy is best mates with Jy, our future captain.

He and Ed Richards are the ones I’d chase hardest. Both would really suit our style under Noble.

Laitham Vandemeer is OOC as well, who as well as having the best name in footy is best mates with Jy, our future captain.

He and Ed Richards are the ones I’d chase hardest. Both would really suit our style under Noble.

I reckon they'll have no worries contracting Vandermeer, he seems to have gone past a few in the last 6-8 months.

Richards I'd be really interested in. Has played 58 games already but seems to be really out of favour. Could play half forward or half back, has some serious wheels and good disposal.

Weightman, despite being unproven would be worth inquiring about considering our desperate need for small forwards who can actually kick goals.

Vandameer has some serious talent and could cover someone like a curtis taylor type role.
Would 100% go for him.
Richards could be a good pickup too, great first year but has really fallen off for some reason so I'd be a little worried about him.
Only issue with trying to get either in is the trade value and the fact that they might just not want to come to north vs other victorian teams.

At 169cm and 65kg he is categorically too small to compete against men at any notable level.

Just worth keeping an eye on for now, will see how he goes when he inevitably gets promoted to seniors

If he can put a bit of size on for sure, his old man was electrifying to watch.

He’s about what his old man was, maybe a tad shorter, heard he resembles him in more than a few ways

Are you sure he is a footballer and not a character in an American daytime soap?

Another vote for Ed Richards. It kind of feels like Treloar has taken his spot.

I’d be keeping an eye out on what’s available at the kennel. With a number of big names out of contract (Bont ect) they are going to face a little bit of a salary cap squeeze.

They have plenty of handy fringe players who are currently uncontracted that could play roles for us long term.

Ed Richards, Cody Weightman and Patrick Lipinski all OOC at the end of the year. I’d happily have any of them in Roos colours.
it’s a shame Joyce isn’t around clubland anymore.. Bont would’ve got a godfather offer, to squeeze them a little bit harder.
Would’ve been fun to be laughing from the outter for a change.

What’s happened to both of them? I confess I don’t watch much of the dogs nowdays

Purely competition for spots mate.

Richards best suited as a running half back but that role is taken by Wood, Daniel, JJ, Duryea, and Williams.

Weightman hasn’t had the chance to cement himself. Bulldogs don’t tend to have stay at home small forwards preferring to have resting midfielders like Hunter & Bont in the forward line

Vandameer has some serious talent and could cover someone like a curtis taylor type role.
Would 100% go for him.
Richards could be a good pickup too, great first year but has really fallen off for some reason so I'd be a little worried about him.
Only issue with trying to get either in is the trade value and the fact that they might just not want to come to north vs other victorian teams.
Not sure he has fallen off he has been injured all year. The Dogs still rate him highly but yeah would be a great pick up for us if we could snag him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah any of Lipinski, Richards, Vandemeer and Weightman would be good targets from the dogs and all out of contract

No chance of vandemeer - he’s in their best side and lipinski is a dog fan.
The other two would be shrewd investments- out atley/ Turner for Richards/ weightman but it’ll cost a bit.

Purely competition for spots mate.

Richards best suited as a running half back but that role is taken by Wood, Daniel, JJ, Duryea, and Williams.

Weightman hasn’t had the chance to cement himself. Bulldogs don’t tend to have stay at home small forwards preferring to have resting midfielders like Hunter & Bont in the forward line
We wont be getting weightman for anything less than a good pick i would have thought

Don't even understand how they can afford to use their entire salary cap, considering the huge debt.
Take on more debt I guess. That's the way you get into their situation in the first place.
Salary cap is covered by the AFL, its completely different to the club actually owing money to debitters.
Their large debt may affect their ability to bring in coaches outside of the 'soft cap' but that's about it.

Would 100% go for him.
LVM looks an out and out gun in the making......he’s like a proper version of Cam Z. Hard, big tank AND supremely skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back