List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 days left of free agency and Richmond have yet to lodge the paperwork for Tarrant? Maybe we are bullshitting Richmond until the period ends.

What happens with Tarrant if they don't lodge paperwork in time for free agency and then we don't trade?

What happens with Tarrant if they don't lodge paperwork in time for free agency and then we don't trade?

Then he can't move via free agency, he would need to re-sign with us, do a trade or go into the draft.

Obviously it doesn't matter for players 10 years into their career. But for young players with limited AFL exposure like Nank and CCj it does.

I suspect you're creating your own arbitrary metrics to form an argument.

Because there's no reason to timebox the period in play. Robbie Tarrant was a 1st round pick we held on the list for years without return. He became our vice-captain.

Richmond should probably offer us a 1st or 2nd rounder in recognition of this investment.

See how this works.

I think we should tell Richmond we wont do a trade with them for Tarrant until they lodge free agency paperwork. If Smith got a 2nd round compensation last year, I don't want us trading him away for a 5th round pick.

If we are still refusing to trade on Friday they will have to take him as a FA.
removing there Chol compo.
Taz wont be PSD.
His management would have a fit if he isn't done by Friday.

I would think Richmond would lodge FA paperwork if a deal isn’t done by FA window is closed.

Wow, Richmond supporters now making fun of Rhyce's health issues because ... they're angry about a media report about the opening stages of a trade for a fringe player.

Enjoy being irrelevant again for decades.

Hopefully they go broke again, except this time I won't be giving them money.

1633328534835.png

I think we should tell Richmond we wont do a trade with them for Tarrant until they lodge free agency paperwork. If Smith got a 2nd round compensation last year, I don't want us trading him away for a 5th round pick.

I think they want to avoid lodging the FA paperwork altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want to go ahead and throw a match at their Chol compo they can be our guests.
Yep but ultimately they want the guy, I could see them burning Chol compo to make things harder in negotiations

The one thing I can say about the pies is they get jobs done.
Got a haul out of nothing last year and just did the same now.
Will probably try to offload one of moore, de goey or maynard for a 1st and 2nd in 2022.
Darcy Moore would be nice.

Feel like we should hold firm to 2 years and if needed put some more cash on the table. In two years' time, the list spot could be more valuable than the cash. Or if he is good enough he will get another contract.

100000%. Keep the years low. If he turns out okay, then good we can pay him accordingly and give more years. He's done f all to warrant 3 years, aside from be a supercoach burnman 2020.

Dmac wants 3 years on slightly better money if he comes across.

If we agree to the terms it will put a real amount of pressure on pick 19 being used for something/someone very good.

Edit: I know this is a throw away remark as we should want something decent regardless, but you know what I mean~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back