List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an example

The formula for compensation is based on the size and length of the contract and the age of the player. For instance, Brendon Goddard would almost certainly deliver a first-round pick.

However, there are various permutations. Clubs that lose a player to free agency but gain a player could receive less, depending on the value of the player they recruit. For instance, if St Kilda lost Goddard, but gained another player of less quality, the compensation would be based on the difference between the players, meaning the Saints may only receive a third-round pick plus their new player. If the player gained is judged to be at the same level to the one lost, the relevant club would receive nothing.

thanks giantroo, helpful as ever.

give me Skinner pls, bloke marks or gets his hands on everything that comes in his vicinity
Didn’t skinner train with us in the off season? We thought he was no good then.. Or am I thinking of someone else?
Skinner did train with us, but as a key forward; in the praccy game where he was playing for a contract, he barely saw it (I emphasise - as a forward)

I hope we don't rush into the trade for CCJ. The lessening of Richmond's compensation for losing Chol by taking Taz is not our problem and there is no need to include Taz in a trade for CCJ.

Take the compensation for Taz. If Dumont leaves too, we will actually be in a good position to trade up for the Bulldog's 1st pick. One of our competitors for that pick will be Richmond.

We should do all we can with our hopefully multiple picks around pick 40 first, then worry about CCJ later. If we don't have anything in that range left and can only offer Richmond a 4th rounder for CCJ, well, too bad for them.

I hope we don't rush into the trade for CCJ. The lessening of Richmond's compensation for losing Chol by taking Taz is not our problem and there is no need to include Taz in a trade for CCJ.

Take the compensation for Taz. If Dumont leaves too, we will actually be in a good position to trade up for the Bulldog's 1st pick. One of our competitors for that pick will be Richmond.

We should do all we can with our hopefully multiple picks around pick 40 first, then worry about CCJ later. If we don't have anything in that range left and can only offer Richmond a 4th rounder for CCJ, well, too bad for them.
I would think that any compo we get for Taz would be negligible to zero.

So why would Robbie move if we matched the years? Money, flag or was he unhappy?

I know the article says it’s for a flag tilt, but is that credible with Tigers? Purely for the sake of compo I’m hoping they’ve thrown him a big bag of cash.

The club will no doubt have a plan here. They will know the value of his Richmond contract and I suspect they know it will be enough to trigger compensation. Otherwise, rather than lose him for nothing we have plenty of room in the salary cap to keep him.

What eventuates will be interesting, both in terms of the trade and how we replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting note in an article I read that mentioned last year Freo enquired about Geelong' Clarke as did we. Wonder if we have a play there, need a line breaking defender.

It will be a trade so Richmond don’t lose their Chol compo pick.
North hold the whip handle here.
Well, if it’s a trade then we would be asking for better than the FA compo we would get (say third round). Not sure why the Tigers would offer up a better pick than that?

Didn’t skinner train with us in the off season? We thought he was no good then.. Or am I thinking of someone else?

I believe he trained as a forward and spent most of the year in the SANFL up forward as well, in his post match interview he said he was only recently put into defense and he really likes it there.

It will be a trade so Richmond don’t lose their Chol compo pick.
North hold the whip handle here.

You mean trade Tarrant for CCJ?

Unless it is as part of the trade for CCJ I don't see it as worth our while to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back