Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and then we can do it all again tomorrow

glorious

beating a dead horse wtf GIF
Laughed out loud at this, many thanks....Glorious post!

time extensions are probably needed as things can change with live trades and matching bids, so i get it.

2 mins of thinking time for Pick 1 seems unnecessary
Again, though - clubs have had weeks to deal & build contingency offers. None of this should be a surprise. Taking away the extension element doesn't preclude them from live trades, it just forces them to do their job(s).

What if they do the Melbourne deal? In terms of doing our DD like we have with ginbey and looking at our poll, does anyone know how many times we have interviewed Coach Killer?
Dunno.

For the record I love the idea of the Melbourne trade - 2 first rounders next year with a slide to 13, it's a no brainer for me if Philipou is off the table. In my view, the group from 7 to 13 is much the same - all quality kids to work with, would be happy with any of them.

If Philipou slides to us - Do not go past go, do not collect anything - we must call his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Age's phantom draft by Mark McGowan.
I like the idea of the Dogs bidding on Jaspa Fletcher, surely they do. Much like GWS bid on Darcy but not Daicos.
I may be alone in this, but I reckon the hawks bid on Campbell cos Swans took Logan Mac.
Will be interesting to see if the Giants go for both Cadman & Jefferson if available (relies on Dees going for Weddle & Swans for Konstanty etc.)

For the hawks, I hope we pick Cam McKenzie at 7. Not so fussed with our remaining picks

The pic of Randy Marsh having jerked off. Pretty sure the mods banned it because it was getting annoyingly overused and because there are actual kids on here.
I’m pretty sure it’s ectoplasm. Poor misunderstood Randy.

You know the AFL really missed a golden opportunity here.

They could have started the draft on Thursday (being December 1st) and revealed a pick per day up until Christmas eve instead of getting a foul tasting chocolate in your calendar.

When you think about it 24 days is not much longer than what it's going to take to get to #24 anyway.

They could have started the draft on Thursday (being December 1st) and revealed a pick per day up until Christmas eve instead of getting a foul tasting chocolate in your calendar.

When you think about it 24 days is not much longer than what it's going to take to get to #24 anyway.
Don’t give them any ideas!

I'm not even that bothered by who we draft.

I'm just hanging out for another round of AFL-X!!!

I agree re Ashcroft, Jhye Clark not in the top 10 for me either. I also don't have Cadman in the top 10 but I can see the appeal by GWS, he’s got a lot of work to do to live up to the Jeremy Cameron comparisons - which are unfair expectations.

Hewett is a definite top 10, he's a guaranteed 200 game Star, so is Mackenzie.

I have Philipou top of the pops and by a fair margin, there's nobody in the draft with his talent - he’s a Luke Hodge Mark II.

Wardlaw, Mackenzie, Hewett, Ashcroft are in front of Tsatas as midfielders for mine - nothing against Tsatas he's certainly top 10 quality and an asset for any club - the others have better foot skills, especially Hewett and Mackenzie.
There's something going on with Hewett that is being chalked up to "rumours" that appears to be affecting his perceived range.
It's almost as if nobody came to his 21st birthday party or something.
But the word is that there are severe character issues, which I can't comment on, but he does interview better than any other prospect this year. Would be happy for us to take him at 13 as long as he's paired with a legitimate midfielder at 9.

Tsatas is an interesting one. There'll be games when he's a world beater and then others where he is fairly limited in his actual impact.
I see a lot of Jackson Macrae in him, when Macrae was a Chargers boy back in 2012. Raw, but a lot of the pieces were there if he was developed correctly and continued to put in the hard yards. Would have the ball on the string but was prone to shanking but would break lines.
I suppose the concern is that Tsatas could end up being just another Polec who, while he had shades of brilliance, they were few and far between and he became a frustrating player.

There's something going on with Hewett that is being chalked up to "rumours" that appears to be affecting his perceived range.
It's almost as if nobody came to his 21st birthday party or something.
But the word is that there are severe character issues, which I can't comment on, but he does interview better than any other prospect this year. Would be happy for us to take him at 13 as long as he's paired with a legitimate midfielder at 9.

Tsatas is an interesting one. There'll be games when he's a world beater and then others where he is fairly limited in his actual impact.
I see a lot of Jackson Macrae in him, when Macrae was a Chargers boy back in 2012. Raw, but a lot of the pieces were there if he was developed correctly and continued to put in the hard yards. Would have the ball on the string but was prone to shanking but would break lines.
I suppose the concern is that Tsatas could end up being just another Polec who, while he had shades of brilliance, they were few and far between and he became a frustrating player.
Hewett's also incredibly inconsistent. His best is intense, his worst is a detriment to his teammates. The Allies game was shocking by any standard, he wasn't clicking on offense and didn't put the run in on defense. He's also been good without being great at WAFL league and reserve level, not enough to be a guaranteed top-10 pick. Plenty of upside, and plenty of downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back