List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Dusty wants to come, it would be negligent of the club not to do it's due diligence. As a few have mentioned, only 30, has remained relatively injury free, is still playing well and is an out and our star of the game. One of the true "bums on seats" stars of the competition.

I am not advocating selling the farm for him but there may be a situation where it is actually a good move for all involved.

Singlehandly won the 2020 flag for the Tigers imo. The other games there were a few others that could have won the Norm Smith but Martin's third quarter against the Cats was the difference
When he kicked his third, I said to my dad "bloody hell, he's just too good". My dad replied that he was as good as anyone he'd seen when it came to finals. Then he goes and kicks another ripper goal.

Just published in the Herald Sun:

"Sydney would need to hand over Tom Papley and a first-round draft pick to prise Dustin Martin out of Richmond and lure him north to end his career, according to a retired list expert.

Former Collingwood recruiter Matthew Rendell said Martin would command a heavy price tag at the trade table, with the Tigers ultimately holding the upper hand.

“The first-round pick of Sydney might not be that great. It might be pick 10 at best,” Rendell said.

“That’s why you’d have to throw a really good player in.

“If it was going to come to fruition and I was Richmond, my first port of call would be, ‘We’re taking your first-rounder and Papley’.”

"Sydney would need to hand over Tom Papley and a first-round draft pick to prise Dustin Martin out of Richmond and lure him north to end his career, according to a retired list expert.

Former Collingwood recruiter Matthew Rendell said Martin would command a heavy price tag at the trade table, with the Tigers ultimately holding the upper hand.

“The first-round pick of Sydney might not be that great. It might be pick 10 at best,” Rendell said.

“If it was going to come to fruition and I was Richmond, my first port of call would be, ‘We’re taking your first-rounder and Papley’.”

Rendell is retired for a reason....

If it was as easy as Rowbottom + Hayward for Martin, its a no-brainer, and I'm a massive Rowbottom fan. Rowy is now groomed as a Hewett replacement, a defensive mid that can be relatively easily performed by someone else.

Hayward is in the best 17-25 category of players, and has never won a game for us off his boot.

I'm in the bandwagon of get Martin for a premiership tilt. Can't win the big one without taking a few risks.

If Papley doesn't want to go then this clearly is a no deal.

If he wants out and the club see it as a fait d'accomplit, I would consider it. Especially without the first rounder attached.

If it was as easy as Rowbottom + Hayward for Martin, its a no-brainer, and I'm a massive Rowbottom fan. Rowy is now groomed as a Hewett replacement, a defensive mid that can be relatively easily performed by someone else.

Hayward is in the best 17-25 category of players, and has never won a game for us off his boot.

I'm in the bandwagon of get Martin for a premiership tilt. Can't win the big one without taking a few risks.

I have posited the Rowbottom suggestion twice, and was basically met with crickets. I'm gonna chalk it up to denial because Rowbottom's a kid and everyone loves him. (So do I!)

But if people are upset by the prospect of him being traded and not being a career Swan, they should take it up with Horse. He is the one who seems intent on Flanderizing him and making history repeat itself, like Hewett, and Bird before him.

If those cases made anything clear it's this: A defensive mid will be seen as expendable, both in the structure of the midfield mix, and the structure of our salary cap, and they will be traded.

I'd rather we get on the front foot while his value is still relatively high.

Let's play the what's more likely game:

1. Dusty plays for Swans next year

2. Lloyd isn't offered a contract by the Swans for next year

3. North Melbourne West Coast grand final next year, described as the greatest game of footy ever played.

And yes, I'm going with no. 3
2 will happen just a matter of what he might get offered from elsewhere. $600k for 3 with us or $750 for 4 with GCS...

3. North Melbourne West Coast grand final next year, described as the greatest game of footy ever played.

I reckon number 2 tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 will happen just a matter of what he might get offered from elsewhere. $600k for 3 with us or $750 for 4 with GCS...
OFFERED, not play.

If he gets offered 600k for 3 then that's 2 not completed.

Asides, backed my swans first rounder in Paul Bevan.

I reckon no.1 is more likely, even though I can't see it being a good deal for us.

Griffin Logue contract talks on hold. Y/N?

Martin will be in Sydney next year. Take that to the bank. It’s not going to please a lot of people when his destination is revealed and the cost so suck it up. Do people really think he was in Sydney for 5 weeks because of emotional or mental health problems ? This move has been set in stone for the last 2 years.
Deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back