Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, my bench is mostly 190k guys, but the only ones on field are Hollands and whoever plays out of Skinner/McDonagh/O'Driscoll/Gould/Dean.

Yeah - currently have Skinner (placeholder - as there will be someone at that price) and Pedlar ($210K) - then up to the more expensive rookies (just in case it's needed)

D3 the only spot that’s really giving me the shits. 3 main candidates were:

Whit - leaning towards fading
Maynard - back training with the defenders
Bowes - injured

Just some food for thought. Dropping that spot down to a 300-350k type if they show something (i.e a backline of Hall Lloyd Sic Milera 300k 200k) would allow something like:

Steele Macrae Titch Neale Serong Daicos Ward Erasmus
Grundy Draper/Reeves
Duncan Dunkley Treloar Thomas Curnow Hollands

For whatever reason there seems to come a point every pre-season where running a cheap backline and having everything else beefed up feels like the way to go.

D3 the only spot that’s really giving me the shits. 3 main candidates were:

Whit - leaning towards fading
Maynard - back training with the defenders
Bowes - injured

Just some food for thought. Dropping that spot down to a 300-350k type if they show something (i.e a backline of Hall Lloyd Sic Milera 300k 200k) would allow something like:

Steele Macrae Titch Neale Serong Daicos Ward Erasmus
Grundy Draper/Reeves
Duncan Dunkley Treloar Thomas Curnow Hollands

For whatever reason there seems to come a point every pre-season where running a cheap backline and having everything else beefed up feels like the way to go.

Nothing officially on Bowes being injured, but haven’t seen him in any social media posts

Nothing officially on Bowes being injured, but haven’t seen him in any social media posts
In any case I’m not overly keen.. it’s a fairly expensive punt @ 676k being untried previously as a midfielder. He’s shown he can score as a defender so won’t be terrible if he ends up getting dropped back, however there’s a decent enough chance he gets stuck in that 85-90 no man’s land average.

Just for comparison sake, Thomas as a FWD is identical in price, no question marks as a midfielder and looks to have better breakout potential.

Like everything it all depends of rook availability, but spending the coin up forward does look better bang for your buck

I'm not touching Butters in classic.
No real prior form as a scoring mid and far more competition for inside minutes at Port.
I see Butters as a 85-90 career player and at his price it's not worth the risk.
If he was $150k cheaper, for sure!
Totally agree with these thoughts .....I have Butters in SC , but not in Fantasy .....my two sides for both formats are quite different

Duncan is also a 🔐 in Fantasy ......but not in SC where any injury concerns on players hurts with restricted trades

Any Port fans want to have a go at a best 22? I feel like Port could be very relevant this year for fantasy

I’m guessing something like this. Also just going to assume we don’t have injuries but perhaps Dixon and Fantasia will be missing from this. Hopefully haven’t missed anyone!

B: DBJ, Skinner, Mckenzie
HB: Houston, Aliir, Burton
C: Duursma, Wines, Amon
R: Lycett, Boak, Butters
HF: Rozee, Marshall, Gray
F: Fantasia, Dixon, Georgiades

B: Sinn, Jonas, Finlayson/Hayes, Drew
S: Motlop

Many may not agree that Skinner will be best 22 but we’ve needed that extra heigh down back for years so if we don’t play him that’s stupid now.

Also if Dixon misses the start of the season I’d expect Finlayson takes his forward position and Hayes on the bench.

I’m guessing something like this. Also just going to assume we don’t have injuries but perhaps Dixon and Fantasia will be missing from this. Hopefully haven’t missed anyone!

Many may not agree that Skinner will be best 22 but we’ve needed that extra heigh down back for years so if we don’t play him that’s stupid now.

Also if Dixon misses the start of the season I’d expect Finlayson takes his forward position and Hayes on the bench.

Thanks mate, it is a bloody hard exercise to do....

Thanks mate, it is a bloody hard exercise to do....

Totally forgot about Bergman too!. If I was selecting the team he’d take Jonas’s spot on the bench but we won’t leave him out.

Then there Jones and SPP fighting for a spot too somewhere. So essentially, who knows how we will line up. All I want to see is Skinner for his height down back and Butters/Rozee both getting lots of centre square time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m seeing a fair few pre season teams with a lot of high end premiums but very average on field rookies. I wouldn’t want a guy like Will Kelly anywhere near my field. I know it’s early and more will pop up, but other than Holland’s and Clark, don’t really see any 190k guys that are worth fielding at this point

I know he's more expensive at 247k, but Goater.

Even as a mid only, people will be converted after the pre-season games.

Will be playing half back also, racks it up at will.

Should get DPP after the pre-season also.

I'm not sure Jonas, Aliir, McKenzie and Skinner are all in the same team?

I'm not sure Jonas, Aliir, McKenzie and Skinner are all in the same team?

I don’t think Jonas should be in the team at all anymore but given he’s still the captain he has to be thrown in there somewhere. Our defence has been a weakness for a decade and we saw in the finals again that if Aliir is forced to play as a tall defender and he looses that intercept ability we fall apart due to lack of height. One of Mckenzie or Jonas needs to go out for Skinner IMO. Just threw him on the bench there as he won’t get dropped but should be out for one of the young guys.

Ideally in my lineup I’d have Jones and Bergman in for Jonas and Gray.

Seems to be plenty of cash to splash, leaning towards guns and rookies.

I understand the idea of more expensive rookies but it's hard to look past keepers in each line which barring injury/covid, should leave me with more trades to up/down rookies and jump on any I miss (1st/2nd game)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-123142_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-123142_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220125-123212_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-123212_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220125-123219_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-123219_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I don’t think Jonas should be in the team at all anymore but given he’s still the captain he has to be thrown in there somewhere. Our defence has been a weakness for a decade and we saw in the finals again that if Aliir is forced to play as a tall defender and he looses that intercept ability we fall apart due to lack of height. One of Mckenzie or Jonas needs to go out for Skinner IMO. Just threw him on the bench there as he won’t get dropped but should be out for one of the young guys.

Ideally in my lineup I’d have Jones and Bergman in for Jonas and Gray.
Not fantasy related, but I think the match ups are wrong. I would put Jonas on the #1 tall forward, not playing as an intercepting defender. That's what Aliir is for. I think they've gone too Geelong, with Lonergan on the #1, Scarlett and Harley on #2 and 3. McKenzie isn't good enough for that.

Jonas on #1 KPF, McKenzie on #2 and that allows Aliir as the 3rd KPD.

The only way I see Skinner playing is if one of those KPDs is on too much coin, and he's pushed out of the team, like they have done with many other players in the past: Hartlett, Howard, Ladhams, Rockliff, SPP, Motlop.

Seems to be plenty of cash to splash, leaning towards guns and rookies.

I understand the idea of more expensive rookies but it's hard to look past keepers in each line which barring injury/covid, should leave me with more trades to up/down rookies and jump on any I miss (1st/2nd game)
Don’t recommend toying with downgrading those blue chip rooks for extra coin. Daicos, Ward, Erasmus should be in every team at the moment

Neale > Daicos and D5/6 F6 > more solid players is what I’d do

Not fantasy related, but I think the match ups are wrong. I would put Jonas on the #1 tall forward, not playing as an intercepting defender. That's what Aliir is for. I think they've gone too Geelong, with Lonergan on the #1, Scarlett and Harley on #2 and 3. McKenzie isn't good enough for that.

Jonas on #1 KPF, McKenzie on #2 and that allows Aliir as the 3rd KPD.

The only way I see Skinner playing is if one of those KPDs is on too much coin, and he's pushed out of the team, like they have done with many other players in the past: Hartlett, Howard, Ladhams, Rockliff, SPP, Motlop.

I just don’t see the logic in picking up Skinner if we are not going to play him. Getting him as a DFA says to me we weren’t keen on possibly missing out on him in the draft to someone else and offers up something different which we desperately need down back, that being extra height.

I’d be very disappointed if we went into the season with the same 3 in defence. Jonas and Mckenzie are just too small and have been caught out many many times the past years.

Man. Listening to The Coaches Panel podcast, which is good for a bit of high level discussion. But the way they seem to focus on Supercoach just always irks me. How is this take from the Ridley episode:

"If you wanna do the dodgy multiplication of 2020 averages for AFL Fantasy which I don't want do because it isn't reality but it does give a ball park"..

Meanwhile the 2020 Supercoach scores are apparently flawless because the "Supercoach" scoring system was merely adjusted to fit the reduced gametime.

So hold on..doing a simple multiplication (which I admit isn't perfect) is somehow terrible data and yet the fantasy land.. secret herbs and spices.. wishy washy... confidential supercoach scoring system is not subject to the exact same extrapolation of data due to a reduced game time. Come on. Seriously?

I really hate SuperCoach.

Do nothing all game then toe poke the winning goal. 1000 Zooper points

“Flawless scoring system”
Get injured and go off for the rest of the game, score goes up while you're on the bench because the goal you kicked at the 3rd minute mark of the fourth quarter ended up being the decider. Yeah that makes sense gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back