2022 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moore bit from the above

DYLAN MOORE (HAWTHORN)
How much will Hawthorn’s decision to delist then rookie-list Dylan Moore at the end of 2020 cost the club given that list decision officially made him a free agent in 2023? Moore went on to enjoy a breakout 2021 that secured him a two-year deal that expires next year. Now the mid-forward will surely secure a premium as a 23-year-old free agent who has kicked 27 and 26 goals in the past two years and shown he can be a bona fide midfielder.

He has significant leverage because a club trying to build an elite list absolutely must keep him.
And clubs know full well they almost never find a free agent so young unless they secure that status through being delisted.
Mabior Chol signed a four-year deal worth over $400,000 a season when he won free agency through the same process as a player delisted then rookied by his club. Moore is every bit a $600,000 per season player.

Was he officially delisted or just moved off the primary list with the 2020 covid one off rules?

Regardless he wont be going anywhere and if he did it would a top 5 pick in compensation 🤷‍♂️

Loves the club.

We love him.

Future captain.

We'll pay the man.

Weird article because there's close to no chance he leaves, and if he does leave any time soon he'd likely earn us a first rounder tied to our position due to his age and the contract he'd attract.

Honestly its typical Ralph being anti-Hawthorn. Don't know if he has ever written or said a positive thing about the Hawks ever.
He’s written plenty of positive things about Hawthorn. This is just him trying to create a story when there’s not much going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a bit worried about this when he started playing so well in 2021. But having heard him talk on his own form prior to being delisted and about Sam, his teammates and the club, I sense absolutely no hard feelings nor indications that he would hold the club to ransom.

Many opposition clubs will ask the question and put some pretty enticing offers to him. Ultimately I think he signs on with us longer term on a healthy but fair deal.

Can't say I ever remember one but I guess i'll take your word for it.
He wrote the articles last year about how well we’d handled the trade period. He also went on Hawks Insiders pod and spoke to them about how well he thought Sam and the club had handled the discussions around trading Bruest and Wingard, and how respectful they see of the players wishes once they made their decisions to stay. He then had an interview with Vanders where he put forward that we were on the right track.

He did the same thing this year with Vandenberg.

He wrote the articles last year about how well we’d handled the trade period. He also went on Hawks Insiders pod and spoke to them about how well he thought Sam and the club had handled the discussions around trading Bruest and Wingard, and how respectful they see of the players wishes once they made their decisions to stay. He then had an interview with Vanders where he put forward that we were on the right track.

He did the same thing this year with Vandenberg.
I'll give Ralphy one thing, he's one-eyed Richmond but he's not necessarily anti any club.

Or we let him go and secure 2 top 4 picks in next years bumper draft..
Is Moore a restricted free agent or an unrestricted free agent - does anyone know?

In the end, if he had not played that blinder against GCS in the last round, he would have been just de-listed and I doubt that anyone would have picked him up. He turned it around and the club was impressed. Let's hope that he rewards the club that gave him another chance.

Is Moore a restricted free agent or an unrestricted free agent - does anyone know?

In the end, if he had not played that blinder against GCS in the last round, he would have been just de-listed and I doubt that anyone would have picked him up. He turned it around and the club was impressed. Let's hope that he rewards the club that gave him another chance.
Unrestricted. He's been delisted once in his career, so he's an UFA every time he's out of contract.

That's the one risk of delisting to re-rookie.....

Dang. That means we would get zilch.
There’s more chance of the Sun falling out of our orbit than Dylan Moore leaving Hawthorn.

Still eligible for compo

But he's not leaving...

Oh true but not as much as a trade and it's reliant on the AFL HQ gods and I would not like to depend on their generosity.

BTW regarding the guys doing a train on with us:

I am not excited by any of them. I'd keep any spot available via the MSD. It's been a happy hunting ground for us so far.

Still eligible for compo

But he's not leaving...
yep as long as we offer him a fair deal he’s staying it’s clear from hearing him speak he understands why the delisting happened and in many ways it has been the catalyst for his meteoric rise. If I am wrong and he did go this year we get a great pick so really we can’t lose. To be clear want him to stay though…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back