Injury 2022 Injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like it was expected and they always planned a slow recovery.
I think we all knew it was coming. But to say it brings on the reality of the situation. A very promising ruck from NSW who was a tap ruck. When he played we got the ball. Sadly those moments were too few. Still, he played for the Swans and that should be celebrated.

AFL - Tom Papley in doubt for round 1 due to a hamstring strain

Swans - We took a precautionary approach and Tom will be assessed in the next couple of days.

This year, I've made a solemn promise to myself - do NOT (under any circumstance) place any reliance on the Swans injury list.

Doing so just causes to much angst.

Would be between grades 1 and 2.

A low grade tear/ strain now has a recommended 3-4 week recovery time (compared to the 1-2 weeks from a few years ago).

That extra time allows for a longer recovery and removes some of the potential for weakness in the muscle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Paps injury silence the Heeney midfield chat?

I doubt it. Last year when we were crying out for reinforcements down back, Horse still resisted the urge to throw Mills back to defence. I think Horse has shown once he settles on a decision he will persist with it for as long as he deems necessary.

Personally I'm not a fan of this particular decision though, and Papley's expected absence only makes Heeney's loss in the forward line that much greater.

I'm not too worried about the timeline in Papley's injury, it's more a bummer for his preseason.
We are obviously playing it safe, and with how we have handled Lance I'm pretty confident that we'll do the right thing.

Also, I have a feeling if it was finals match Papley would be back in 2-3 weeks. But that's just an assumption.

Mills back in full training.

Amartey going through a conditioning block and should play some game time this weekend.

Rankin fractured thumb out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Sinclair picked up a concussion and is in the AFL concussion protocol.

Callum is going quite well. He is back in full training and is managing to complete match play. He is sustaining full training loads, so we're just going to work with the rehabilitation team on when he is going to be able to return to play.

DO NOT RUSH BACK AN UNDERDONE MILLS.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back