List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of when I used to go to the western desert carnivals.
Blokes that looked like Tippa would be leaning on the goalposts smoking a dart. When the ball came down their end they’d drop the dhurry, take a screamer on someone’s head or kick it backwards over their head for a goal then go back to having a quiet smoke.
Adaptation when it’s 40 in the shade.

Don't understand the posts on Tippa above. Has always carried a bit of girth and he actually looks in decent shape to me. A summer on the track and he will be back to his normal conditioning.
I’m sure he will work hard and his condition will improve but he has certainly some hard work ahead of him.

This a picture from a couple of years ago. He is a solid little unit.
84CF5239-F4A2-438B-B40D-7B9A8C8137C2.jpeg

Fremantle has the 7th last pick in the draft currently. Two of those are Melbourne picks.
These are the selections:
#30, #43, #44, #65, #70, #77

I count 36 players, 5 rookies (Schultz, Treacy, Worner, Banfield, Kuek) = 31 primary listed players = 5 to 7 primary list picks
Given we have six picks on the AFL list, one of our rookies is elevated.

If we use #30, #43, #44 and #65 to bring us up to the minimum 36 primary list players we then have room for 2 rookie selections.

We can pass our pick #70 and if our NGA players are bid on right at the end of the draft we can still match it otherwise they will be available for Category B listing.

So I suspect it will be:
#30 Jones/Hagan
#43 SA Tall/Phillips
#44 Broadbent/SA Tall
#65 Small forward

Cat-B Draper
Cat-B Scaife

Rookie: Scully/Lemmey
Rookie: Running mid

Fremantle has the 7th last pick in the draft currently. Two of those are Melbourne picks.

I count 36 players, 5 rookies (Schultz, Treacy, Worner, Banfield, Kuek) = 31 primary listed players = 5 to 7 primary list picks

If we use #30, #43, #44 and #65 to bring us up to the minimum 36 primary list players we then have room for 2 rookie selections.

We can pass our pick #70 and if our NGA players are bid on right at the end of the draft we can still match it otherwise they will be available for Category B listing.

So I suspect it will be:
#30 Jones/Hagan
#43 SA Tall/Phillips
#44 Broadbent/SA Tall
#65 Small forward

Cat-B Draper
Cat-B Scaife

Will be interesting to see our strategy regarding delisted agents and/or SPP train-ons.

With where our list is at it wouldn't surprise me to either see us take someone from the ex-AFL pool or leave a spot open and test a few options over summer.

The fact that we wil llikely have reasonable KPP/Ruck/forward options at all of our picks is a bit of a plus for this draft too.

So I suspect it will be:
#30 Jones/Hagan
#43 SA Tall/Phillips
#44 Broadbent/SA Tall
#65 Small forward

Cat-B Draper
Cat-B Scaife

That could be our all-time tallest draft haul.

This is the past though. From now on, we have equal access to F/S as they are old enough to start coming. The difference is you also need to be lucky that they are gun footy players.

We’re going to have a lot of tickets in the future but it doesn’t mean we will win anything.
In 20 years it will even itself up.

Not now.

Those who know stuff about this year's draft crop - would you be OK with these selections from old mate?

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...-full-afl-phantom-draft-every-club-every-pick

[TL/DR: Isaac Keeler, Jed Hagan, Kaleb Smith & Hugh Davies]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
If Gold Coast are lining up Ginbey with their pick, don't be surprised to see WC trade up to get it off them. The idea that WC could have swapped #2 to get #8 and #12 expecting to pick up Ginbey and Hewett with them and then having to trade #8 and #12 to GC to get #5 and let's say a future second from GC.

But should he be drafted to GC we should be trying to get him back in four years.

Davies when Adams is still on the board :sick:
Grizzly Adams? Again I know nowt about the potential draftees.
OK here stuff about Grizzly Adams.

If Twitter's Chris Read is on here then thank you.

And thank you to Lee Trevino for reminding me that Grizzly Adams has a beard.

Do we really need MORE developing key forwards? Amiss, Treacy, Kuek is more than enough to develop. We need a mature KPF who will slot in and fill a role perfectly not another 18yo who will develop over the next 3 years. If we're drafting fwds I would like a dynamic small.

Do we really need MORE developing key forwards? Amiss, Treacy, Kuek is more than enough to develop. We need a mature KPF who will slot in and fill a role perfectly not another 18yo who will develop over the next 3 years. If we're drafting fwds I would like a dynamic small.
If Corbett, Taberner, Jackson and Darcy can't fill the role of mature KPF then we are in trouble.

How many mature key forwards that came from the state comps are currently doing anything at AFL level? Podsiadly was one I can think of in the past but not many anymore. The best ones also get picked out mid season so it's slim pickings. You need to develop your own and another ticket in the raffle might suit if the candidate is right, especially if they are a swingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back