List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait are you saying we are signing Kevin Lasagna?

3952-23103-original.jpeg

Hope not. He'd spend more time rolling around on the turf crying after a legitimate tackle than on his feet trying to win his own ball.

Anyway with Logue and Acres out the door Bell needs to just give a firm NO to Lobb.

Yeh the big campaigner is probably licking his lips! Thinking got em right where I want them all cashed up

I think it actually makes perfect sense for Logue to go somewhere he’s going to be the first choice fullback.
I also think Hamling is perfect depth as KPD if he can have a good preseason. Hasn’t forgotten how to play. Hughes is also good depth as a medium.
Ideally Johnson & Erasmus are playing round 1 next year so we need to create some holes in our B22. Henry & Sturt hopefully thereabouts too. And Treacy. Amiss already B22.
The Fyfe kid somewhere.
We’ll be fine.

I think it actually makes perfect sense for Logue to go somewhere he’s going to be the first choice fullback.
I also think Hamling is perfect depth as KPD if he can have a good preseason. Hasn’t forgotten how to play. Hughes is also good depth as a medium.
Ideally Johnson & Erasmus are playing round 1 next year so we need to create some holes in our B22. Henry & Sturt hopefully thereabouts too. And Treacy. Amiss already B22.
The Fyfe kid somewhere.
We’ll be fine.
I'm less confident than you are that adding half a dozen players to our best 22 who are averaging lesss than a handful of games takes us closer to a premiership next year.

The Fyfe kid somewhere.
We’ll be fine.
Losing Lobb,Acres,Logue,Tucker,Meek pretty much erases all depth we have and even with a strong salary cap situation it hurts losing those players when we are in a window

Losing Lobb,Acres,Logue,Tucker,Meek pretty much erases all depth we have and even with a strong salary cap situation it hurts losing those players when we are in a window

Yep exactly

Thats why I wish Freo weren't tied downto paying Fyfe over 1 mill next season to probbe injured and not play just like this season. We could keep all of them. They all fit the age bracket for finals footy and to drive for a premiership

Yep exactly

Thats why I wish Freo weren't tied downto paying Fyfe over 1 mill next season to probbe injured and not play just like this season. We could keep all of them. They all fit the age bracket for finals footy and to drive for a premiership
Doubt Fyfe will be on over a mil next year, his contract would have been front ended as we knew would would have to pay good $$ to keep Brayshaw and Cerra. We had $700k per year to pay Cerra, some of that would have gone into Brodie and Clark, Mundy probably got the rest to keep playing this year.

Anyway with Logue and Acres out the door Bell needs to just give a firm NO to Lobb.
Add Meek, and Fremantle are ****ed.
We’re in a window. Can’t lose valuable players that aren’t necessarily top ten picked each week but the foot soldiers of 10-22. Gladly trade Fyfe to keep them all.

Hear me out on this.
JOM or D-Swallow.
With Mundy out, Tucker, Acers probably & Blakely/ Fyfes body a little doubtful for a full season, We are losing a lot of experienced mids, and especially with Mundy out leadership. I know Andy & Seb are very great young leaders but big games need experience. I think it would be invaluable to bring in a veteran midfielder with leadership qualities.
JOM especially is probably sick of being in losing sides maybe a chance to come home and have some success would be an easy pitch
Sorry, but JOM is absolute dogs****. He always has been, the game has passed him by and already did by the time he debuted

Doubt Fyfe will be on over a mil next year, his contract would have been front ended as we knew would would have to pay good $$ to keep Brayshaw and Cerra. We had $700k per year to pay Cerra, some of that would have gone into Brodie and Clark, Mundy probably got the rest to keep playing this year.

He may be on slightly less than a million but thars still.a massive chunk that Freo can't use on others for player retention.

Those same players who are playing good footy while he can't get his body right and may never

Didn’t Bell or someone say recently we’re very confident of re-signing all the players we want to?
Who says we’re losing all them other than clickbait footy media.
All I said was it makes sense for Logue to go somewhere he’s first choice in his best position & that we need to bring some new blood through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may be on slightly less than a million but thars still.a massive chunk that Freo can't use on others for player retention.

Those same players who are playing good footy while he can't get his body right and may never

Fyfe earned his contract and maybe his next one he doesn’t earn as much but you can’t begrudge him for it now just because his body is letting him down.

Or he does get his body right and is in our top 3 players next year. That decision has been made a long time ago and it’s only 1 more year till he’s on a pension.

I’m trusting Belly know’s what he’s doing and moving players out will be as calculated as getting Jackson in. All top teams lose depth and we need to get rid of some just to give first rounders game time.

Fyfe earned his contract and maybe his next one he doesn’t earn as much but you can’t begrudge him for it now just because his body is letting him down.

Regardless of whether he's earned his contract or not fyfe current output for the entire year has been below all our current 22 bar Amiss.

I want the club to win a premiership. To think we can't retain players who have been performing well and fit our age bracket because of a guy who used to be great and the club feels sentimental to him by even gifting him games when the team is playing better without him is really frustrating.

He was a gun mid. We have better forwards and much better two way runners. Lobb, Logue and Acres are currently far better than him yet we can't offer Acres or Logue adequate money.

Watch Freo drop off because of this long term deal

Regardless of whether he's earned his contract or not fyfe current output for the entire year has been below all our current 22 bar Amiss.

I want the club to win a premiership. To think we can't retain players who have been performing well and fit our age bracket because of a guy who used to be great and the club feels sentimental to him by even gifting him games when the team is playing better without him is really frustrating.

He was a gun mid. We have better forwards and much better two way runners. Lobb, Logue and Acres are currently far better than him yet we can't offer Acres or Logue adequate money.

He’s only contracted for another year so we would be able to offer contracts that into consideration – we’re probably already are.

Or watch us go all the way next year with Fyfe in the middle, he could be the difference and exactly what we need, a fit Fyfe taking Mundy’s minutes in the centre would release Brayshaw from the hard tags he’s been receiving and provide a very solid body to feed the ball out to the two young guns.

Yep exactly

That is always the concern with long contractd on big dollars, yet here we go again.

Yep exactly

OK, so let's say Fyfe was only on $500k, not a million. Are you saying that would allow us to keep all those players? Are we such bad list managers that we lose 4 or 5 best 22 players for the want of $500k?

Or are you suggesting we should just send Fyfe on his way because he's had a couple of injury affected seasons? A two time Brownlow winner who has carried the team on his back for many years.

Some short memories on this board...

Last edited:
OK, so let's say Fyfe was only on $500k, not a million. Are you saying that would allow us to keep all those players? Are we such bad list managers that we lose 4 or 5 best 22 players for the want of $500k?

Or are you suggesting we should just send Fyfe on his way because he's had a couple of injury affected seasons? A two time Brownlow winner who has carried the team on his back for many years.

Some short memories on this board...

Are you suggesting I don't remember his seasons that he dominated?

That is always the concern with long contractd on big dollars, yet here we go again.

I would like Luke Jackson to Freo but yes these long contracts are an issue. I don't know one time where it worked in our favour.

Maybe Lobb but he has indicated he wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back