Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination Final vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the first few minutes of the game, I've come away thinking that Sydney were a shade better than us, totally kicked them selves out of it.
Need a big improvement next week, poor old Harry won't be there. But considering his recent form, that might be doing us a favour.
Hickey comfortably had the better of our rucks. They'll need to lift majorly to compete against Gawn. Actually, everyone will need to.

Our best: Cottrell, Acres, Martin, Saad. Hopefully Martin gets an all-clear.

I am not denying Mckay's positive game or his selection but prelims and Grandfinals are games of inches. Missing 2 shots from the goal square will not cut it in the biggest games
Its a nice theory MJ.
It falls down though because its a team sport. We won the biggest game so far last night despite all the mistakes and flaws spread throughout the whole 23 players.
And we will do so again many times.

Apart from the first few minutes of the game, I've come away thinking that Sydney were a shade better than us, totally kicked them selves out of it.
Need a big improvement next week, poor old Harry won't be there. But considering his recent form, that might be doing us a favour.

Yes and no.

We gifted them two easy goals from our kick ins.
We missed two gimmes.
The two turnovers in the final quarter brought them back into it.

We gave it up just as much as they botched it.

Btw very small point:

While many players seemed to freeze under pressure and not really want the footy….Walsh continued to demand it. It didn’t look to me as though he was at all affected by the moment.
Thought he was our best, across all four quarters. Ran hard both ways and played the Hollands role (which was very necessary), but complemented that with his own ability to win the hard ball (which I think he did superbly in the absence of Dow, and with Cripps down again). The defensive spoil against whichever Swans man-mountain that was in our back pocket late in the game, was icing on the cake.

Re: Blacres' kicking, do we reckon it's his technique or just because he's running flat chat all the time?

I love him regardless, but if he ever fixed it up 5-10%, he'd be deadly.

0 days since Carlton won a final. How long for Essendon again?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Finals won since 2004:

* ZERO

sAAd: ONE

c23696970ae0ac4e20de9b83a98cfad9

Yeah nah. I wish my clients still paid me big money if I couldn't manage the simplest tasks in my job. I'd be sacked in a heartbeat. Bloke is on 800k I dont feel sorry for him at all I expect results.
Lol, so you've never had a bad patch or made a mistake. You're my hero! Three cheers for show me the money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Blacres' kicking, do we reckon it's his technique or just because he's running flat chat all the time?

I love him regardless, but if he ever fixed it up 5-10%, he'd be deadly.
Absolutely.. I reckon though if his kicking was 10% better, there's no way we get him for the proverbial packet of chips we did.

I understand the Harry frustrations and I was ropeable when he missed that set shot, sucked the energy out the crowd and team. However, the boys got it back together and showed some maturity. Old Carlton would have given up and rolled over.

Whatever mental demons Harry is having hopefully are sorted out over the preseason as he is crucial part of our forward structure. Once he went off, our forward line was almost non existant and looked like headless chooks.

Everybody just enjoy the win ffs, we have been waiting a decade for this and we have naysayers...
Can't wait till after we win the G/F (hopefully). I'm sure that there will still be posters coming on here to tell us that this player didn't do what they wanted and letting us know that they could do a better job than Vossy.

You know who you are.

Last years final game disappointment bears into insignificance now.Wouldve played the lions at the Gabba and get destroyed.

This year we get to see our team at home for two weeks (at least) and enjoy the full finals experience like last night.

Win or lose next week very proud of the boys.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah nah. I wish my clients still paid me big money if I couldn't manage the simplest tasks in my job. I'd be sacked in a heartbeat. Bloke is on 800k I dont feel sorry for him at all I expect results.

You must be perfect in every aspect in life, especially your job where you never made an error in front of 10 people rather 90 thousand

Back