CBS: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

MONDAY, OCTOBER 30 @ 11:20 AM
Chicago at Los Angeles Chargers
NBC: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31 @ 11:15 AM
Las Vegas at Detroit
ESPN: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

Last edited:

Week 8. the first time all season where the NFC East didnt feature in a primetime game and we get. Bears, Bucs and Raiders.

How did Cinci/San Fran. I would of also put Pitt/Jax on but steelers have TNF week 9.

First Panthers game of the season that im actually excited to watch. Stroud vs Young.

Id expect Stroud to do plenty vs a secondary missing at least 4 starters and a Houston win but id hope we at least give them a decent game at home

First Panthers game of the season that im actually excited to watch. Stroud vs Young.

Id expect Stroud to do plenty vs a secondary missing at least 4 starters and a Houston win but id hope we at least give them a decent game at home
Stroud should take this game personal and show the Panthers they made a colossal mistake not taking him.

I always had Stroud as the clear #1 for me. but glad he went to Houston with how much of a mess the Panthers roster is and no pick next year.

I had Stroud #1 too, took him in the mock draft. Still think Stroud is better. But Young's past two weeks have given me some hope at least. Defense more an issue than the offense with how many injuries. Giving up 42 points the past two weeks.

Id hope we trade Burns, Chinn perhaps Horn or Luvu before the deadline to get some picks back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson’s head-hunting ways have finally caught up to him, as the oft-fined/oft-ejected safety is now set to miss the Broncos’ next four games. Jackson is already planning to appeal the suspension, but the multiple clips of him destroying the head/neck area of defenseless receivers and tight ends won’t do him many favors. Jackson once again went high on a defenseless player in Week 7, and was ejected for a big hit on Packers tight end Luke Musgrave. We’ll see if he wins his appeal, but for now, Jackson is eligible to return in Week 12 when the Broncos take on the Browns.

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski said the Browns are waiting on MRI results on Deshaun Watson’s shoulder.
The injury saga between Watson and the Browns only grows stranger. Stefanski said after the team’s Week 7 win that he expected Watson to play in Week 8 against the Seahawks, making no mention of an impending MRI. Early on Monday, it was reported that Watson was “back to day-to-day” as far as his shoulder goes, but now we are awaiting results on an MRI. Watson may have reaggravated his shoulder on the hit that sidelined him in Sunday’s win, but we’ve received few details on his status at this time. We’ll know more on his status once the MRI results are in, but Watson sounds like anything but a lock to play next week.

Jackson’s head-hunting ways have finally caught up to him, as the oft-fined/oft-ejected safety is now set to miss the Broncos’ next four games. Jackson is already planning to appeal the suspension, but the multiple clips of him destroying the head/neck area of defenseless receivers and tight ends won’t do him many favors. Jackson once again went high on a defenseless player in Week 7, and was ejected for a big hit on Packers tight end Luke Musgrave. We’ll see if he wins his appeal, but for now, Jackson is eligible to return in Week 12 when the Broncos take on the Browns.
Repeat offenders should be offered a discount suspension in exchange for forfeiting all future medical benefits post retirement and not able to join any class action against the league.

Agree with this on Jackson, he is a repeat poor tackler who deserves significant sanction. For me, a more interesting one will be if anything extra comes of this one, and in turn if any future repeats against any other QB sneaks incur any response. Much more difficult discussion:

Didnt Dallas do that to the Eagles last year?
Sort of, but they went more for the shoulders and ribs, notsomuchsoobviously head and neck area.
I think that sort of general shoulders contact will still be viewed as kind of OK, but the jumping way early and crashing down on the head/neck area is a different story I think. I also expect at some point one team will go very early and low, trying to take out ankles / below knee contact - which then brings up a whole nother issue, especially if they go waaaay early...

IMHO, a hard one to draw lines on until an actual incident happens - we know flagrant when we see it but sometimes folks can get away with pushing very close to the limits.

So weird that there are no teams on bye this week
I wonder if its something to do with the trade deadline and dont want to have players play 1 game in 3 weeks if they have a bye before and then get traded and have a bye after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back