Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

These are the answers ... what was the question again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No way is this something new šŸ¤”
I think so, weā€™ve been great in front of goal for ages šŸ˜‚
Last time we kicked straight Fev & Eddie were playing for us!
I love the ā€œif we just kicked straighterā€ argument, itā€™s just never then applied to the opposition too

Can't agree.

Why make it a constant arm wrestle when you don't need to....

You win in most sports by playing to your strengths, not by trying to minimise the effect of your weaknesses.

Watch the Pies' last quarter yesterday - compare to our last quarter!
Our weakest part of the ground is our fwd line -- it has been for many years other than two players who else do we have and we don't have a notable goal kicking mid fwd .. we give ourselves enough chances to win and played tight enough to not get opened up -- the 15 minute defensive lapse in the 3rd when we wanted to press after those scoring misses was the killer ..

Hated hearing one of the St Kilda players interviewed after the game say ā€œwe knew if we were close to them at half time we were pretty certain weā€™d run over the top of them in the second halfā€.

Hated it because he was 100% spot on.

I asked someone involved at their club about this:

They believe that we'd had the same virus the Pies had had against them go through the club
They believe that they're generally fitter than us and know that even though they lost to Collingwood that the Pies stopped and that the Pies are the fittest in the business. Seeing that happen was very encouraging ("almost worth a win")

They also believe that our lack of cohesive transition game would eventually become our undoing. We have a few players that they consider elite and the two most important ones were out.

There is a league wide held belief that even though we rely on big bodies midfielders none of them really hit or hurt you hard. Other than Cripps there is a belief that our mids are timid if not soft. The feeling is that we lack fight and hunger for the general contest. Make it hard for Carlton and we go to water and too few players are capable or wiling to turn the tide. We play too "nicely."

I asked someone involved at their club about this:

They believe that we'd had the same virus the Pies had had against them go through the club
They believe that they're generally fitter than us and know that even though they lost to Collingwood that the Pies stopped and that the Pies are the fittest in the business. Seeing that happen was very encouraging ("almost worth a win")

They also believe that our lack of cohesive transition game would eventually become our undoing. We have a few players that they consider elite and the two most important ones were out.

There is a league wide held belief that even though we rely on big bodies midfielders none of them really hit or hurt you hard. Other than Cripps there is a belief that our mids are timid if not soft. The feeling is that we lack fight and hunger for the general contest. Make it hard for Carlton and we go to water and too few players are capable or wiling to turn the tide. We play too "nicely."
We still have to lose probably 2 of Ed, Hewitt and Kennedy to balance the midfield and compete with better,, faster sides.
You can add more runners to our defence(Saad, Boyd), like we did to the wings this year, but Cowen and Cincotta aren't exactly members of the slow group.
If the big body's aren't hurting other teams and pad their possession numbers with ineffective deliveries(like last game), then play 'em in the VFL for a bit.

hardly surprising other clubs think this, most of our own fans think it too.

this generation of player, no matter how well the game is going are beatable if the pressure goes up. i thought Voss &co could coach that out of them but it sure doesn't look like it yet

No, sorry, weā€™re miles off it. 4 of our goals came from free kicks we only score 4 others. When the whips were cracking we s**t ourselves.
Unsure, hesitant and predictable. With all this talent, itā€™s a travesty that the coaches serve this up. Simply must change and NOW. Game plan is not up to it. Weā€™ve gone backwards and it kills me!
Those free kicks were there andany more. They'd seriously start holding Charlie as soon as we had the ball forward of centre. I've never seen the like. The fact we only got those few free in front of goal is a testament to how much gets missed by the umpires.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back