Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s been in and out of my team all preseason. I can’t decide. There are so many plausible forward rookie options. Gotta wait for the real practice matches before committing to any of them I reckon.
But if Sheezel’s playing the HBF distributor role they were developing for Tarryn Thomas then I think Sheezel would be close to a no brainer.

I reckon Goater is the one that is now a no-brainer

I reckon Goater is the one that is now a no-brainer
jennifer lawrence microphone GIF

Hollands isn't injured. Possible but not likely for round 1. Competing with obrien for a spot on the wing. We don't have 2 mid slots open. If Doch goes back we probably just play the 4 main mids like we did at times last year.
Cunningham see any midfield time?

First time poster but thought I would start with my view on the probable 'rookies' likely to play Rd1.
Have considered anyone under $200K to be a rookie although many are not first year players.

DEF
  • Corey Wagner D/M $117K
  • Darcy Wilmot $123K
  • Josh Weddle $130K
  • Conor McKenna $167K
  • Josh Goater M/D $192K

MID
  • Corey Wagner M/D $117K
  • Oskar Baker M $123K
  • Will Phillips M $158K
  • Mattaes Phillipou M/F $166K
  • Lochie Fogarty M/F $167K
  • Toby McLean M/F $178K
  • Cam McKenzie M $180K
  • Josh Goater M/D $ 192K
  • Nik Cox M $198K

Special mention : Will Ashcroft M $202K

FWD
  • Jacob Van Rooyen $123K
  • Josh Bruce $161K
  • Mattaes Phillipou F/M $166K
  • Ben King $176K
  • Toby McLean F/M $178K
  • Harry Sheezel $198K

Have omitted many popular choices like Chesser, Ginbey, Sinn etc. as I believe they are unlikely to be ready for Rd 1.

Still a long way out and the preseason will have a huge influence, but available rookies will influence structure.
Have I got it close to right??? Welcome any and all discussion.

There are some decent options there.
Fwd you should be adding fergus greene (gunston is gone and theres a fwd spot for someone to help the kids) and conor stone (gwd rate him a lot) at base prices. Im also watching drury at north if he gets early games.
Joe richards as a mature age is a watch if he gets games, same for tom berry.

Johnson and erasmus you should add as mids.

Played just the 1 game in his debut season last year and saw very little of it. Who cares what he scored in his debut game...as far as i'm concerned that just allowed him to stay the same price and is even better value this time around.
This kid has a history of getting mountains of ball.
Tough list to break into at the moment, but I'm predicting he'll be a Rnd 1 starter
Screenshot 2023-02-05 133216.jpg

Not so long odds he debuts early on. Our small forward stocks are pretty thin and he seems a smart footballer. Ryan and Cripps are locked for B22. The other 2 spots up for grabs are likely out of Long, Jones, Hewett, Petrucelle - who just injured his ankle in match sim a few days back

Last edited:
Tried to avoid Ashcroft- but I'm sucker for hype and by god they're hyping the kid up. Going to be really hard to avoid keeping him in for round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to avoid Ashcroft- but I'm sucker for hype and by god they're hyping the kid up. Going to be really hard to avoid keeping him in for round 1

I've watched him live the last 2 weeks at Lions match sim as a neutral supporter and wow he is impressive. You just have to pick him. Don't overthink it. Anyone who doesn't have Ashcroft will be starting with a massive handicap.

What’s the go with Josh Sinn ownership @ 43%. Last I heard he was limited pre season and no real chance round 1 ?

Must have missed update.
Think most Coach's heard Hinkley say he was keen on Josh Sinn playing WING

What’s the go with Josh Sinn ownership @ 43%. Last I heard he was limited pre season and no real chance round 1 ?

Must have missed update.
Floating Doughnut.

Anyone else taking Windhager? 260k fwd/mid I'm hearing good wraps on him.

Or should I just go with Ashcroft in the middle.
Ashcroft is a must ....all other options are flexible

I prefer Windhager over Allen in the FWD's .....priced at 47, can he go 77 ave ?

Anyone else taking Windhager? 260k fwd/mid I'm hearing good wraps on him.

Or should I just go with Ashcroft in the middle.
Yeah I have had windhager for a little while and if I experiment dropping him I keep getting him back in. Definitely a good f4/5 option. Ashcroft is locked in my midfield. (Culley too)

Ashcroft is a must ....all other options are flexible

I prefer Windhager over Allen in the FWD's .....priced at 47, can he go 77 ave ?
I think he can go at 80. Has successfully done defensive jobs which means he has good job security and should be around the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back