Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex telling porkies?

cupboard looks pretty bare for Crows rookies.
More like encouragement ....look, it could be a possibility ....but that backline is already stacked, not sure where Michallaney fits in ?

Keep an eye out for Hugh Bond ....might be s sneaky chance in the 2nd half of the year ....has an excellent SC game about him

More like encouragement ....look, it could be a possibility ....but that backline is already stacked, not sure where Michallaney fits in ?

Keep an eye out for Hugh Bond ....might be s sneaky chance in the 2nd half of the year ....has an excellent SC game about him

Zac Taylor? Really liked him in his draft year.

Zac Taylor? Really liked him in his draft year.
Apparently struggling fitness wise .....has a way to get up to AFL fitness levels ....looks a million $$$ at state league level though

Can any Melbourne supporters tell me about Bailey Laurie? From what I saw of him at VFL level last season it's surely only a matter of time before he's playing at senior level. Or is he on his last chance and looking at a possible delisting come seasons end?

Currently my rookies/rookie priced

B - Goater, Ginbey, Chesser
M - Culley, Ashcroft, Phillips, Johnson, Baker
R - Madden
F - McLean, Pedlar, Greene, Stone

So ive gone down the route of expensive rookies and im still very happy with my team.

EDIT: Drury/Weddle may come in instead of the Stone/Chesser combo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Boyd and Walsh injured and Docherty into the midfield, Lachie Cowan is a real chance for Rd One off HB. Has the body and poise to handle the step up and has really impressed during pre season. Kicks it a mile

I don't think Hollands will play early purely because he needs some size and they will be patient

Last edited:
With Boyd and Walsh injured and Docherty into the midfield, Lachie Cowan is a real chance for Rd One off HB. Has the body and poise to handle the step up and has really impressed during pre season. Kicks it a mile

I don't think Hollands will play early purely because he needs some size and they will be patient

Cowan's been on my rookie bench for a while now. Seemed AFL-ready at draft.

But key forward Charlie Comben looks on track to start in the senior side alongside Nick Larkey as the second key forward target after an eye-catching display taking several strong contested marks deep in attack

Comben could fill a key void for the Roos in the front half, while playmaker Paul Curtis also turned heads on Friday with a clever snapped goal and a big grab to put down payments on selection in round 1 against West Coast at Marvel Stadium.

But key forward Charlie Comben looks on track to start in the senior side alongside Nick Larkey as the second key forward target after an eye-catching display taking several strong contested marks deep in attack

Comben could fill a key void for the Roos in the front half, while playmaker Paul Curtis also turned heads on Friday with a clever snapped goal and a big grab to put down payments on selection in round 1 against West Coast at Marvel Stadium.

63E71DA1-25E6-4B13-8120-37B0B0E8DA97.gif

NGL, I’m tempted. Probably too many viable Roos already

The calf injury to Matt Guelfi might open up a spot for someone like Menzie (fwd, $154k) or even Alwyn Davey (mid/fwd, $117k). Menzie has been going great guns according to track watchers. Worth keeping an eye on

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate...Do you have him?

He’s been in and out of my team all preseason. I can’t decide. There are so many plausible forward rookie options. Gotta wait for the real practice matches before committing to any of them I reckon.
But if Sheezel’s playing the HBF distributor role they were developing for Tarryn Thomas then I think Sheezel would be close to a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back