Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor O’sullivan could be nothing more than a huge kid looking a million bucks against all the smaller lads in his draft year… and made to look even better because his draft year is full of spuds…

We all know this years draft pool is miserably shallow..

If I’m giving up our pick 10 for a KPP… I’m giving it up for Petty over a draftee..

Connor O’sullivan could be nothing more than a huge kid looking a million bucks against all the smaller lads in his draft year… and made to look even better because his draft year is full of spuds…

If I’m giving up our pick 10 for a KPP… I’m giving it up for Petty over a draftee..
I’d give it up for Petty, but not because I don’t think O’Sullivan will be a very good player, I really rate him (besides, I’d be shocked if he even made it to pick 10)

Moreso the fact that Petty gives us an immediate boost while we have Dawson’s prime years, rather than a boost in three or four years time. It’s not like you’re overpaying just to get a proven player in the door either, Petty has a lot of talent

I’m still sceptical of it happening, though

Exactly. We don't have 5 years to wait for them to come good.

John’s coming back to use his prized conversational skills

Jeez that reminds me of an early 90s speech by the CEO of the company I was working for to prepare us for the new financial year. How times have changed, now they talk about growth mindsets and opportunities but then they "paid your ******* wage campaigner so ******* perform or your out on your ******* arse."

Strangely, I preferred the former, there was honesty in it, even if you walked out shell shocked

Thommo and b.smith were port fans too. Heck for $1m a year, I'd join the port cheer squad

I do think it is far more common (maybe just mentioned more often in media) that players chose to go to teams they followed as kids

I don’t remember it really being a thing 10 years ago - but last 5 it seems to be reported on more for both draftees and trades

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So how's this for a rumour, we are getting a f2 and jake lever for mcadam and our 14
Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Connor O'Sullivan at the same age is streets ahead of Petty potential wise, not even close in comparison. The big question is will Connor still be there at pick 10.

At the same age. Can we wait another 3-5 years. Club has been clear in the media for the last 12 months that we would prefer to not keep going to the draft - and would rather trade quality in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And my response was thats a bullshit argument to be attempting to peddle against using pick 10 on Petty.

You responded to my comment that a pick 10 draftee wouldnt have as big an impact next year as harrison petty would by saying O’sullivan (who you also admit probably wont be on the board at 10 anyway) had more potential than petty did at that age..

Thats the most flimsy bullshit, unprovable arguement you could ever come up with.

O’sullivan at this point has shown less potential than McAsey did in his draft year!.. mcasey was spoken of as the premier KPP of his draft.. a young gun that could go forward or back.

The amount you talked McAsey up in his draft year was astounding.

Now you expect me to take your word for it that osullivan has more potential than petty did?..

No thanks.
Christ you act like a complete arsehole to other posters.

I agree with Bearded Clam on the O'Sullivan / Petty discussion ....I in fact did watch Petty as a junior, and he's always had a lot of skill for a big man

No-one can say an untried kid is streets ahead of Petty .... Mutineer is prone to talking up a lot of kids in their draft year, who don't end up doing anything close to AFL .....he's judging kids against kids
That is literally exactly what Mutineer said.

All you can do if you want to make a direct comparison is both players at the same age, against their peers.

Petty has been fine over the last three years, and now has a foot injury. There's no reason to think he'll be better than O'Sullivan - just more ready now (assuming he comes backat 100%).

I can confirm Nicks is back in Adelaide.
I can also confirm he likes sauce and mustard on his sausage.
My follow up questions are either:

What did he buy from Bunnings, or

Did he accept a “yes” or a “no” how to vote card, or did he accept neither because he isn’t an idiot and knows how to spell yes or no?

My follow up questions are either:

What did he buy from Bunnings, or

Did he accept a “yes” or a “no” how to vote card, or did he accept neither because he isn’t an idiot and knows how to spell yes or no?

He wasn’t holding any how to vote cards that I could see. I was tempted to ask what was going on with McAdam and Petty, but didn’t want to be “that guy”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back