Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Soligo, Michelaney and Worrell developed themselves then? Murray, Thilthorpe and Rachele also tracking along well. Some players develop better in the AFL system than others, happens at every club in the comp.

There is no one on draft night who would have though Soligo would develop into a full time mid in his 3rd season and be winning Showdown medals earlier than first round picks like JHF, Rozee and Butters. A 3rd year KPF kicks 5 in a Showdown last year.

We also hired a development coach at the end of 2020 for our 1st-3rd year players that worked with the Hawks during their golden years, that is some decent credentials: https://www.afc.com.au/news/839635/adelaide-appoint-new-head-of-development
Rozee won a showdown medal in 2022, FWIW

Lots of off field opportunities in Sydney that Adelaide could never offer. Players also love living in places like Bondi.

Reckon you're selling Adelaide a bit short there.

I live in Melb but travel alot to Sydney for work, Bondi is very trendy but very hustle bustle and traffic is horrendous. Even for AFL players it would cost them a fortune to get a decent place there.

Sydney has a good food scene and good corporate career opportunities (if thats the path they want to go down), but has alot of downsides as well.

Outside of being more in the spotlight and more noticed around town, nothing wrong with Adelaide. Its getting its act together with events and much more accessible to get around. Some great beaches in Adelaide too.

If you're a good AFL player im sure you would get looked after post footy in Adelaide too.

Reckon you're selling Adelaide a bit short there.

I live in Melb but travel alot to Sydney for work, Bondi is very trendy but very hustle bustle and traffic is horrendous. Even for AFL players it would cost them a fortune to get a decent place there.

Sydney has a good food scene and good corporate career opportunities (if thats the path they want to go down), but has alot of downsides as well.

Outside of being more in the spotlight and more noticed around town, nothing wrong with Adelaide. Its getting its act together with events and much more accessible to get around. Some great beaches in Adelaide too.

If you're a good AFL player im sure you would get looked after post footy in Adelaide too.
Oh I’m well aware of all of that and Hayward would be too as he’s from here, but his long time GF is a Sydney influencer, I just don’t see them moving to Adelaide.

I guess Soligo, Michelaney and Worrell developed themselves then? Murray, Thilthorpe and Rachele also tracking along well. Some players develop better in the AFL system than others, happens at every club in the comp.

There is no one on draft night who would have though Soligo would develop into a full time mid in his 3rd season and be winning Showdown medals earlier than first round picks like JHF, Rozee and Butters. A 3rd year KPF kicks 5 in a Showdown last year.

We also hired a development coach at the end of 2020 for our 1st-3rd year players that worked with the Hawks during their golden years, that is some decent credentials: https://www.afc.com.au/news/839635/adelaide-appoint-new-head-of-development
Max looked a gun from day 1

Oh I’m well aware of all of that and Hayward would be too as he’s from here, but his long time GF is a Sydney influencer, I just don’t see them moving to Adelaide.

Yeah that's the hard bit agree.... Sydney is an 'influencers' paradise.

I remember being up in Sydney at a trendy CBD rooftop bar last year and got chatting to a few random ladies with my friends, first thing one of them did was show me her Instagram and how many followers she had. Gold. :$ :$

Yeah that's the hard bit agree.... Sydney is an 'influencers' paradise.

I remember being up in Sydney at a trendy CBD rooftop bar last year and got chatting to a few random ladies with my friends, first thing one of them did was show me her Instagram and how many followers she had. Gold. :$ :$
Its times like that you can hear the last gasp of breath from civilisation.

There's connections with the Jarman and Edwards families, neither of which are great fans of the club.

Fair enough, it's funny that in trying to do the right thing by these families, i.e. drafting (rookie) a couple of players that weren't otherwise considered draftable, the club gets the blame for it not ending up right.

Not that those years were a good time for depth or SANFL development, so I guess that's were the angst comes from.

I seem to recall Tyson giving Nicks a glowing endorsement when the head coach recruitment process was in full swing.

I'd still be asking the question about Bailey Dale, you need elite users of the footy and he is one. If he's sick of Beveridge I'd be sniffing around for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayward, Petty, McCluggage, Perrynan, Davies-Uniacke, Daniel.

Source is this guy:

Ludicrous that Isaac Cumming isn’t being mentioned - should be a far higher priority this year than anyone on that list other than McCluggage.

Smith cooked, Milera’s career up in the air, Chayce can’t get the ball, Sholl a potential delistee with no kicking penetration, no speed and, no ability to evade tackles and no tackling ability, Parnell a certain delistee, Hamill a virtual certain delistee - it’s almost like we need a speedy and attacking half back flanker / wingman with a beast of a kick!

That's a pretty sound source.

But everything in context though. Right now, the crows performances aren't appealing and neither is Nicks as coach. But if by the end of the year the clubs flying and they throw a wheel burrow full of cash in front of Luko, anything can happen. So its not necessarily in the 'never going to happen basket'. You have to have the sales pitch. Something arguably we dont really have, not a convincing one anyway.

At the end of the day, cash combined with the lure of success (with some evidence) will at least get him to have a good hard think about it.

You do get the sense he is a loyal guy though and may simply choose to stick it out with GC.

which would be from Norwood development not ADL.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back