Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if he gets subbed, dropped and retained in the 2’s

Which might be why he was rumoured to be so upset at being the sub?
Sub still counts as a game played, I think even if you don't take the field at all.

I'd say that was just a shock to the ego and maybe a realisation that he's not a walk up start every week anymore with bad form and injuries hitting him.

Oh I’m well aware of all of that and Hayward would be too as he’s from here, but his long time GF is a Sydney influencer, I just don’t see them moving to Adelaide.
I married an "influencer" years before they became trendy. Still under the influence...

But seriously, the Sydney girlfriend who likes the spotlight might just be happy to continue her relationship with one of her main sources of notoriety. Millions of couples have moved homes for opportunities. She'll either work out that her true love has a temporary opportunity (when viewed over a lifetime) of playing professional AFL in front of his family and friends for a few years... or she'll prove herself to be someone possibly not worth being "influenced" by (also viewed over a lifetime).

Didn't Tom Harley have a high flying Sydney GF? He moved to Sydney after his career (2 X premiership captain) and now looks as happy as Larry at the Swans.

I married an "influencer" years before they became trendy. Still under the influence...

But seriously, the Sydney girlfriend who likes the spotlight might just be happy to continue her relationship with one of her main sources of notoriety. Millions of couples have moved homes for opportunities. She'll either work out that her true love has a temporary opportunity (when viewed over a lifetime) of playing professional AFL in front of his family and friends for a few years... or she'll prove herself to be someone possibly not worth being "influenced" by (also viewed over a lifetime).

Didn't Tom Harley have a high flying Sydney GF? He moved to Sydney after his career (2 X premiership captain) and now looks as happy as Larry at the Swans.
Give her a job hosting the Crows Show lol.

It doesn't get much more glamorous than that.

Last edited:
Contractually? I’m not as sure

I wonder if the re-introduction of the sub has caused a few clubs headaches when it comes to trigger clauses?

Previously they would have forecasted 22 taking the field and all of a sudden, they are having to field an extra fringe player.

Thats an extra 23 games given out and depending on the player a trigger could be anywhere from 8-15 games, that potentially an extra year for two players, who could have signed contracts prior to the sub rule.

But also, stop giving trigger clauses to ageing or fringe players.

I think Gold Coast will look to move Luko on. He would be one of their highest paid players and i think they will want his money for other players.

At the moment they don't really need picks but it's just if his free agency becomes too bigger distraction. I am not convinced they will want to trade him to us though.

Port will be interested but he won't be cheap

There was rumours around earlier this year that he potentially could be on the table.

I've watched him a bit, he's definitely got a Jack Watts vibe to him as a player and potentially someone who the GC views as expendable to get off the books so they have the money to keep guys like Rowell, Anderson and King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we should be wasting money on Hayward he's a glorified role player, we need an elite mid a break the lines half back a ruck and a KP forward before we need a half forward
We need a lot and we have lots of money, getting Hayward wouldn’t stop up getting these players plus you can only grab what’s available. Look at last years haul.

I wonder if the re-introduction of the sub has caused a few clubs headaches when it comes to trigger clauses?

Previously they would have forecasted 22 taking the field and all of a sudden, they are having to field an extra fringe player.

Thats an extra 23 games given out and depending on the player a trigger could be anywhere from 8-15 games, that potentially an extra year for two players, who could have signed contracts prior to the sub rule.

But also, stop giving trigger clauses to ageing or fringe players.
It was still a silly decision to give Smith a trigger clause knowing it'd be going into his early 30's. He likely wasn't gonna leave, if he's cooked then you let him leave like Jacobs and sucker someone else in to giving him a few more years.

Have to say that the Ben McKay precedent in which he's shifted as a high profile FA and won more matches in his first eight games with the Dons than he ever did in a season with the Roos has gotta help our cause when it comes to LDU. How long could he take playing in that mediocrity without losing his enjoyment and/or falling back to the level around him. He's the absolute right kind of dynamic midfielder we need and should be head and shoulders above other targets such as Petty and Hayward who really aren't a fit to our needs. Hope we're working hard on this one...

There was rumours around earlier this year that he potentially could be on the table.

I've watched him a bit, he's definitely got a Jack Watts vibe to him as a player and potentially someone who the GC views as expendable to get off the books so they have the money to keep guys like Rowell, Anderson and King
Lukosious seems like a perfect example of a player who is happy to coast away on good coin at a club that no one cares about at all.

Have to say that the Ben McKay precedent in which he's shifted as a high profile FA and won more matches in his first eight games with the Dons than he ever did in a season with the Roos has gotta help our cause when it comes to LDU. How long could he take playing in that mediocrity without losing his enjoyment and/or falling back to the level around him. He's the absolute right kind of dynamic midfielder we need and should be head and shoulders above other targets such as Petty and Hayward who really aren't a fit to our needs. Hope we're working hard on this one...

Would love McCluggage, but if not, LDU could be one that elevates his game at a stronger club. Would be hard getting motivated to bust your ass week in week out at North right now.

Would love McCluggage, but if not, LDU could be one that elevates his game at a stronger club. Would be hard getting motivated to bust your ass week in week out at North right now.
Try telling Laird and Crouch they are playing SANFL

But yes LDU would come on for Jake - you just know thats how we roll

I don't think we should be wasting money on Hayward he's a glorified role player, we need an elite mid a break the lines half back a ruck and a KP forward before we need a half forward
Anny time you can add a quality player into your team which will improve your starting 22 you have to look at it. If we did manage to add him it wouldn't mean we can't also chase a quality mid or half back, we would have plenty of money to spend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back