Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1989547
We'll have a single digit draft pick and have a shitload of cap space free.

Hopefully we are talking to numerous players this year. Someone else mentioned Campbell from the Swans as a player we should be targeting. Would love another mid who has the leg to get it past the Tom Stewart/Darcy Moore types.
Yep, getting Hayward as a FA shouldn't preclude us from also using draft capital to bring in more ready made talent via trade if we can swing it.

A bit like this

FF Welsh Fogarty Hayward (if we bring him in)
HF Rachele Thilthorpe Keays / Pedlar

With Rachele and Pedlar rotating through the midfield
That's how I would have it as well. But he's suggesting we shouldn't go for Hayward, so I'd like to see who he has in that slot.

Do we? What do you think our forward line will look like in three years?

Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Welsh, Pedlar as the core guys. (I still have hope for the latter as a mid but I’m starting to think with his injury issues that playing him as a permanent forward will be the best way to get the most out of him). Rachele/Rankine swapping between forward and midfield. Keays as high half forward. Hayward would be an awesome inclusion but I think that is a pretty good group to plan around.

Although Hayward is not the main need (big bodied mid - i would be in the ear of Phillipou) he would effectively replace Murphy/Ned which can't be a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup - he is our Elite mid. He might drift forward for small stints but he is primarily a midfielder and one with a skillset we have been crying out for

That's fair. I see him more as a hybrid forward/mid. I feel his IQ around goals is too great not to take advantage.

ANY one that fits the bill. I guess I'm asking, do we settle for a good experience forward pocket, or aim for the midfielder we desperately need? If we can only have one - who do we pick?

To a degree we pick whoever can come year by year. We should have a truck load of cap space - so if Hayward comes - and waltz’s straight into our top 10 players that’s fine

No draft capital holding us back from LDU or McCluggage etc

We should be able to get 3-4 players in similar to the Bombers last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You reckon??.. I'd have thought not tall enough.

Hayward is 186 cms, Keays, Rachele and Pedlar are no bigger. Thilthorpe is the only BIG player there as Fog and Welsh are in the early 190cms

I agree, the ideal scenario is two taller players esspecially with one covering the ruck for 5 minutes a quarter.

I think getting the mix right with Fog and Welsh in the same forward line is going to eventually bring it unstuck. I can see Fog being traded if it works out well with Welsh.

I like how some Port Power poster used this and said this is only how we can attract players to the club as they grew up as Crows supporters seemingly to forget we attracted a quality player in Thompson who supported Port Power growing up. More like we only go for quality players who want to come back to SA, no doubt we were very interested in Polec and missed out but Motlop.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back