List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This post season is the good stuff.

cocaine GIF
Haven’t you been told, it’s expensive that stuff ,and not to use it so hap hazardly lol . Unless you are earning what Ben M is now on.

Last edited:

Can someone succinctly put down how many primary list + Rookie list spots we currently have available (including those currently held by players awaiting a contract)? I’ve lost track.

Also, a list of players currently awaiting a contract in the same post would be helpful.

If anyone is able to ring Corn and remind him that he said our place is a shamble, what Rawlings doing, who is in their recruitment team etc etc
Majority of the media bagged us for beating GC instead of blatantly tanking..that was 26th of Aug, ending the season with 2 & 14.

Come Friday the 6th with 2,14, PP19 & 2 x FPP after 18 due to AFL assistance package.

By the close of Wednesday the 11th, this rabble of a club and recruiting team, closed the laptops with:
2,3,15,17 & 18, Dylan Stephens (former #5) and Zac Fisher (former #27) for chips.

Ok - so that took a bit of catching up with.....

Good to see Brady attacking the trading period with some gusto - he has a full shotgun courtesy of our shit year and AFL assistance.

Brady has now done what he needed to do - utilise the 2024 assistant picks and get another top 20 pick in for 2023 - 5 picks in the top 20 plus Fisher and Stephens and of course Sausage is a new player for us.

This is 8 new players and allows us to really reset this list and fill the many holes we have.

He needs to stand down now - he has done his job and now its a matter of working out who we pick.

The only potential additional move that could be made is if the Haynes rumour 'salary dump plus draft pick' has legs. If it has legs we should participate and move further into the top 10 - if not our work is done.

I just wanted to wish our West Coast friends all the very best rebuilding a list after the retirements of Hurn, Shuey and Nic Nat, with McGovern and Darling rising 32, armed with this year's draft picks of 1 and 22.

Hope it goes well.
Help me understand. The either deal with Melb and get pick 6? 10?

Maybe in the minority here.
But wouldn’t be against trying to split our pick 3 for Demon’s 6 and 11 if possible.

Reason being there is a fairly clear top 8-9 guys in this draft. Of which, McKercher is the clear standout from the chasing pack outside of Reid, so no brainer at 2. However, outside of that feel like can throw a blanket around the next 5 or 6 players and you wouldn’t be unhappy with whatever result you get.

Pick 2: McKercher
Pick 6: Guarantees us either one of Curtin or O’Sullivan (if we want that tall defender and not feel like we’re overreaching) OR one of Sanders/Duursma/Watson/Caddy etc. if we want best available.

If that wasn’t enough we’ll also have 4 more bonafide first rounders to do as we please (11, 15, 17 & 18) & would pretty much mean 6 guys all up if we take them to draft (1/3 of the stage will literally be from North on night 1).
That could be huge for us in this rebuild.

Alternatively, if we want another one in that group, flexibility to bundle a couple of those teen picks to Giants and/or Cats for 7 and/or 8 we and potentially come out with 3 or 4 guys in that topend.

Just feel like trading down for those Dee’s picks is not a bad way to go if we’re looking to squeeze out the most value out of these picks.

Could even offer up 15, 17 & 18 for Reid (they’ll obviously say ‘no’) and make WC go down in history, as the club that knocked back 3 first-rounders for Reid (people never remember what number they were - see JHF Adelaide). All the pressure falls onto WC now, if he gets off to a slow start and/or becomes a bust.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Help me understand. The either deal with Melb and get pick 6? 10?
Seems to me they just have to trade 1 - you can't get back from where they are with 1 top 10 pick per draft, and other than Oscar Allen, they've not got too much to trade.

The only other course would be to tough it out, write off 2024 and after two spoons seek help like we did. With their strong sense of entitlement, not sure they've got the stomach for that

Seems to me they just have to trade 1 - you can't get back from where they are with 1 top 10 pick per draft, and other than Oscar Allen, they've not got too much to trade.

The only other course would be to tough it out, write off 2024 and after two spoons seek help like we did. With their strong sense of entitlement, not sure they've got the stomach for that
I’d almost luv them to get an assistance package and just watch Brady take em all off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back