Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how many goals he kicks in the VFL, Denver is NOT a forward.

What would it take for us to get McKay? I think he could be useful for us to replace Frosty.

It would be great if we could land a ready made key defender in the trade period, try to trade our future 1st for another 1st rounder for this year, and get two key forwards along with McCabe as a key back in the draft. Not sure if that's asking for much.

What would it take for us to get McKay? I think he could be useful for us to replace Frosty.

It would be great if we could land a ready made key defender in the trade period, try to trade our future 1st for another 1st rounder for this year, and get two key forwards along with McCabe as a key back in the draft. Not sure if that's asking for much.

I‘ve saved this post.

Expect me to revisit this post in 2yrs time!

I would love Mckay for us as we are always punching above our weight in the backline, but the chat is it’s Essendon if North get first round comp.

Hawks give: Scrimmers, Future 3rd or 4th(?)

Norf give: 2nd rounder this year

🤔

I reckon Scrimmers is the odd man out in our defense. Has a lot of great qualities that a heap of teams could use as a third tall. We need more run and drive out of our backline so could be a win/win?

We’d then use Norf and WB’s second to get ahead of a bid on McCabe.

That Tim O'Brien bloke from the doggies would be handy

Why though? He really isn’t that good. He’s just a big spud
Why not? We're gonna go to the draft and wait 7 years for a key back to develop? We have to target them in the trade period ASAP, our team won't work undersized.

Why not? We're gonna go to the draft and wait 7 years for a key back to develop? We have to target them in the trade period ASAP, our team won't work undersized.
McKay isn’t a lockdown defender though. All his size is useless as he can’t keep a forward quiet.

His only value is as a marking defender when the ball is only coming in slow and high. As that’s when he can use his height if the forward is out of position.

Otherwise he just gets beaten. Plus he can’t stay on the field with injuries. Frost is 5 times the player. And I don’t rate Frost that highly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay isn’t a lockdown defender though. All his size is useless as he can’t keep a forward quiet.

His only value is as a marking defender when the ball is only coming in slow and high. As that’s when he can use his height if the forward is out of position.

Otherwise he just gets beaten. Plus he can’t stay on the field with injuries. Frost is 5 times the player. And I don’t rate Frost that highly.
I was with you until you said Frost is 5 times the player.

Sigh, ig we're not going to have a key back for the next three years. Nick Daicos will have two Brownlows before we get a proper key back. I know McKay isn't that good but sometimes something can be better than nothing. I have never even considered Frosty to be a key back until we forced him to play there because we had no one else to take the big job.

Ben McKay with the assistance of James Sicily and Hardwick would be much better than being assisted by Aiden Corr and Griffin Logue

Ben McKay with the assistance of James Sicily and Hardwick would be much better than being assisted by Aiden Corr and Griffin Logue
Right. It's about putting the pieces together. We may very well have good quality young key backs coming through (i.e. DGB, Blanck, McCabe) but they'll be of no use if we throw them to the wolves. KPPs take time to develop and not all of them can just burst onto the scene and be good. We still have Sicily around but he's pretty damn undersized so we have to partner him up with someone else (NOT FROST) and ease the younger KPPs into the team. For example, look at how Melbourne were patient with Van Rooyen, and now he'll be one of the best key forwards for years to come. That development is crucial and a lot of people just seem to overlook it. We're playing players like Blanck, and when he did, DGB, but clearly they're not ready for AFL yet. You can't hide on the field as a key back.

Having said that, it makes it easier when your team actually has players that can hold down a position for some time. We're here having to use these kids cuz players like Frosty can't perform. Hence why we need to go hard as nails in the trade period for KPPs.

I was with you until you said Frost is 5 times the player.
A bit of hyperbole on my behalf. But Frost can lockdown and intercept.

Sure his errors with ball in hand are bad. He’s still a better footballer than McKay.

Ummm

I'm not impressed, I'd be foolish to be impressed by that. The second and last goals were solid but I'm not going crazy over someone kicking two goals out the back when there's no opponent near him.

Also I said what I said after he kicked 4 so this clearly must be news to you. Anyways, I'm not rooting against the kid, I see the talent and I want him to do well. Just my opinion I don't feel like he'll work in that position over time.

Also is Brandon Ryan just tall or can the guy actually play?
Would've preferred Hunter or Buller over him tbh. Idk if he fits our mould.

I'm not impressed, I'd be foolish to be impressed by that. The second and last goals were solid but I'm not going crazy over someone kicking two goals out the back when there's no opponent near him.

Also I said what I said after he kicked 4 so this clearly must be news to you. Anyways, I'm not rooting against the kid, I see the talent and I want him to do well. Just my opinion I don't feel like he'll work in that position over time.
Not impressed by a guy that was taking marks in the rain, kicking decent goals in the mud and all on all having a very good game in s**t conditions? All in his first full VFL game in the forward line?

It really doesn't matter if you're not impressed, the coaches are impressed, and they gave their reasons.

It's pretty easy to sit back and doubt him at this stage. He's played one game, but we know he's an elite talent. Also if you actually get a chance to watch the Box Hill game, it's well worth it. You'll see that Denver did more than kick a few cheap goals. Really enjoyable game to watch, with good highlights from Hustwaite, Mackenzie, even a couple of impressive grabs from Kosi. Serong played a ripping game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back