Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You deliberately didn’t touch on the fact they have achieved zilch, nothing, nada, * all. You can convince yourself otherwise if you like
i forgot rozee, butters, JHF are hanging up the boots this season. thanks for reminding me ye time for another rebuild at alberton, window closed!

I bristled at this suggestion a few months back however, since then we’ve played mostly 1 ruck with Kosi pinch hitting and looked so much better structurally than the 2 rucks. Trouble is, it’s really Kosi or bust for this set up. Rama might step up next year but we need more depth here. Would be open to Jack for that reason.
My view as well, he is underrated Jack

IF we're going for free hits we should absolutely go hard for McKay and Gresham it's not like there's tons of free agent options it's shrinking by the day and when it is actually time for trading we are left with scraps.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading pick 3 for Smith, there's no guarantee that Durrsma or Watson will be a better option plus you won't see their true potential for at least 3-4 years which by then Smith will be 25-26 into his prime

It isn’t nonsense.. adding a good best 22 player for a very little cost would have made a lot of sense. The cost was going to be minimal. It is nonsense to suggest otherwise
Sorry you misunderstand. The nonsense is if we kept pick 29, that we would simply let it get eaten up by the McCabe bid, rather than trade it to improve our hand in another way. It’s a more valuable pick than a bid match.
Your view on Henry is different to mine and I think wrong on several fronts but I never called that view nonsense. To be clear I think you are wrong in defining pick 29 as little cost and that we should spend it on Henry rather than enable trades for pick 1 or 4. Or simply trade for a later pick and something future if those don’t come off.

How do we keep on missing on every player?
Because the media for whatever reason link us to every player. I’m not totally sold on the media hates hawthorn view that some people here hold but there’s a lot of smoke around it. Linking us to everyone and we get none or hardly any makes the poor assessments and D+ ratings easier.

Because the media for whatever reason link us to every player. I’m not totally sold on the media hates hawthorn view that some people here hold but there’s a lot of smoke around it. Linking us to everyone and we get none or hardly any makes the poor assessments and D+ ratings easier.
The media have linked us to McKay, Eva and Henry because we have actively pursued and met these players. It’s not the media.

Sorry you misunderstand. The nonsense is if we kept pick 29, that we would simply let it get eaten up by the McCabe bid, rather than trade it to improve our hand in another way. It’s a more valuable pick than a bid match.
Your view on Henry is different to mine and I think wrong on several fronts but I never called that view nonsense. To be clear I think you are wrong in defining pick 29 as little cost and that we should spend it on Henry rather than enable trades for pick 1 or 4. Or simply trade for a later pick and something future if those don’t come off.
Well i guess where we disagree is the chances of us pulling off either of those trades, i would much prefer either of those pick swaps but pick 1 is a pipe dream. Pick 4 is a chance but will have a lot of competition. At the end of the day as you said pick 29 needs to be used, if it had been used on Henry i don't think that would have been a great cost which was my original point.

However i am not sold on Henry by any means, his foot skills for an outside player leave a lot to be desired. He chose elsewhere and i am happy to move on.

The media have linked us to McKay, Eva and Henry because we have actively pursued and met these players. It’s not the media.
Yep - Sam has been clear about wanting to bring mature talent in to fill several list needs.

Managers talk to media. If we have spoken to the managers, or players, the media will report that.

As I said a few weeks back, the media know we armed with heaps of cash to spend so we are a very easy target for them to link us with everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said a few weeks back, the media know we armed with heaps of cash to spend so we are a very easy target for them to link us with everyone.

Exactly.

At this time of year they are all throwing as many darts as possible, trying to get clicks and feel relevant.

Take it with a grain of salt until or unless you hear it from the club, the player or the manager.

Not too fussed about Liam Henry. I’m more annoyed about missing out on Jake Riccardi. lol

He would have been a good fit alongside Lewis as the second key forward. He’s kicked 3 goals playing in his first ever final and now up to 33 goals for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back