Fixture 2024 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week on 3AW Sam McClure said confidently we could expect this fixture drop today for R16-23... but I don't think we're getting it.

Last year it was 17 May, so I'd probably back that we'll get it next Tue or Wed.

Round 9 I had seen mentioned in a few places a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: 1715071705237.png

Wot?

I'm referring to the R16-23 fixture.

As in, all billion games for all clubs for the rounds left to be scheduled except for Round 24.

I couldn't care less when our Round 24 game is just yet
ah, i inferred that you were talking about our fixture since this is the bombers thread, my bad

That block of 19-22 could be critical, most teams dip throughout the year and our dip may coincide with our annual game against geelong, where we may go on a bit of a slide against cats, pies, dees.

Those next 4 need to be wins against teams that could be fighting to get into the 8.

RD 16-18 will be a great test (but every game is a test, we can’t get complacent). If we can go 2-1 then we potentially set ourselves up for a top 4 spot. Winning at least one should firm us for the bottom half of the eight.

Most excited for slotting Reid and Ridley into the defense for the back half of the season. Probably at the expense of Laverde and Cox/Heppell(?)

Anyone else not really care about "prime-time"?

Sure, a Sunday 1:10pm or a Sunday twilight isn't very exciting, I'll pay that. But I'm always surprised at how bigger focus the primetime and Marquee games get when fixtures are released.

From a $$ and Marketing perspective? Absolutely.
But from a fans perspective - I'm always more looking at days rest, interstate travel etc.. than whenabouts on the weekend we're playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else not really care about "prime-time"?

Sure, a Sunday 1:10pm or a Sunday twilight isn't very exciting, I'll pay that. But I'm always surprised at how bigger focus the primetime and Marquee games get when fixtures are released.

From a $$ and Marketing perspective? Absolutely.
But from a fans perspective - I'm always more looking at days rest, interstate travel etc.. than whenabouts on the weekend we're playing.
Cos of work I can only get to Sunday games and as a lazy zillennial I prefer late starts ... so it's whatever for me.
But for hype factor nothing hits quite like a big time match up on a Friday/Saturday night imo.

Fair enough, but it's the best time for me.
Do not mind the early Sunday game. Not a fan of the 3.20 game on a Sunday personally as I am up at 4am Monday mornings. Hard to wind down when the game finishes after 6pm on a Sunday.

Saturday twilight is the best.

Great for attending the game especially when travelling plus if you're watching from home you're guaranteed a 4k stream.

Saturday afternoon is best for me. Twilight is pretty much the same as a night game for regioinal Vic when the finish time is after the last PT. Can make it up and back in a day. Sunday is simular

Saturday afternoon is best for me. Twilight is pretty much the same as a night game for regioinal Vic when the finish time is after the last PT. Can make it up and back in a day. Sunday is simular
You guys don't have a footy train? We do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back