List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

North have focussed on building their midfield, but have ignored the rest of the side with their high picks. They will have an amazing group of on ballers, but the worst defence in the league. They will struggle to push too far up the ladder until they improve their defence significantly.
Port traded in alir and now ratugolea + others and threw their best draft capital at constructing their midfield. North can trade in or get late pick / rookie picks to fill the kpd and flank roles

Adelaide in pole position to take Caleb Daniel from the Dogs.

When is crouch out of contract?

I honest think north should be chasing him, big body, hard worker and proven performer (even if he is limited).

He can get the Inside ball while the younger kids develop. Would do a lot better than some of their current leaders, god they are a mess.
I think North should be looking at the other Crouch as well, unless his knee really is wrecked.
Statistically, Hayward is marginally more effective than Murphy.
Quite possibly the worst thing I've read on this entire thread. Since the start of last season, Hayward has kicked 36.23 and averaged 2.92 tackles a game. In that same timeframe, Murphy has kicked 12.8 and averaged 2.19 tackles a game. Murphy might win a bit more of the ball, but he burns it half the time anyway.

I hope not
I don’t mind it, assuming the Dogs are paying a large chunk of his salary and he costs only Melb’s 2nd (or less)

Would probably be an upgrade on what Smith currently is. With Milera no guarantee to get back to his previous standard, I’d happily role with a rebound trio of Hinge/Curtin/Daniel next year (with Ryan hopefully replacing Daniel in a few years)

I’d prefer Dale, but it looks like his game starting as sub was a one-off

Statistically, Hayward is marginally more effective than Murphy.

What in the world?

This year Hayward average 1.6 goals per game to Murphy's 0 goals per game.

Hayward is averaging 1.4 tackles inside 50 (31st in AFL) per game to Murphy's .3

Hawyward is averaging 1.6 marks inside 50 per game to Murphys .3

Hayward is averaging 11.6 disposals to Murphy's 8 disposals.

Hayward does all of the important things a small forward should do.

What in the world?

This year Hayward average 1.6 goals per game to Murphy's 0 goals per game.

Hayward is averaging 1.4 tackles inside 50 (31st in AFL) per game to Murphy's .3

Hawyward is averaging 1.6 marks inside 50 per game to Murphys .3

Hayward is averaging 11.6 disposals to Murphy's 8 disposals.

Hayward does all of the important things a small forward should do.
He's a bit of a whipping boy on the Sydney board. Well polarising at least.

I don't watch him that closely, but he seems to make good decisions and has some polish. Kicks goals. A footballer - we need more of that.

I'd have him, a clear upgrade on Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't watch him that closely, but he seems to make good decisions and has some polish. Kicks goals. A footballer - we need more of that.

A Sydney whipping boy is very likely better than an Adelaide whipping boy, keep in mind

Adelaide in pole position to take Caleb Daniel from the Dogs.
lando-norris-broken-antistall.gif

To be honest - he'd be a clear upgrade on about 8-9 of our best 22. I know he doesn't play the same position as all these blokes, but I would pick him before I picked Sholl, Hamill, Berry, Jones, Cook, Himmelberg, McHenry, and Murphy.

He is very clearly a role player, but since the beginning of 2022 has kicked 70 goals which is a pretty damn good return for a bottom end role player.

I think this discussion really highlights the issues at our club. Compare Hayward to FOG (not playing style). FOG is in the leadership group and has kicked 73 goals since the beginning of 2022. They are only one year apart.

Defence is one of the easiest areas of the game to build because you can fill it with second and third round draft picks and with a good structure it can hold up really well. Its the forward line and midfield that are the hardest. This year they will finish low and probably look at more KPP. But thats a list i that will be pretty exciting in the future.
I heard it said that the easiest way to get a good defence is draft tall forwards and train them in defence 😉

Port traded in alir and now ratugolea + others and threw their best draft capital at constructing their midfield. North can trade in or get late pick / rookie picks to fill the kpd and flank roles
can we give them Fog and Butts for a couple of their midfielders? Win Win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back