Remove this Banner Ad

So likely..
In;

Hayward - FA
Welsh - F/S
Perryman or Cumming - FA
Caleb Daniel - 3rd rounder

Throw 2 x firsts at LDU

We must have a fair bit of cap to use up.
We'll be flat chat trying to reach the minimum allowable spend surely. The upside from 7 finals-less years in a row

happy to see aggressive recruiting for the right player. I have a good feeling about Hayward. He is coming from an elite environment, like Daws before him. I'm sure we've sought Dawson's opinion on him as a person / player.
Will comes across as a professional who is willing to do all the hard work, and play a team game, while actually being an effective player in his own right. I'd think Rachele would learn a great deal playing alongside him.
800-850 over 6 is steep, but I think you pay that for a sure thing, and to me, Hayward is a sure thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As per above post, keen to see the conversion to previous salary cap.
If it's 650 it's fine.
Totally understand that viewpoint, however Swans are reportedly only offering 550. Either their cap is filled to the absolute brim or they don’t anticipate that great a difference in salary cap.

800k is a premium price to no longer see Murphy/McHenry in the 22 but it is a price I’m willing to pay.
We all thought the same last year when we had Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar locked in as our 3 small/medium forwards.. but Mchenry and Murphy always find a way to get back into the 22.

You can smell the desperation.

Anything to keep up the optics and avoid having to admit the last 6 years of management strategy have been an abject failure

Not really. They have been very upfront they would be looking for players to improve the 22

Clearly Hayward helps with that - and while not a midfielder, does add to the front half which further frees up Rankine/Rachele to the midfield.

As we have found getting a genuine difference maker mid from another team is bloody hard

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back