List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

If we’re offering that number I’m sure other suitors (I imagine Carlton and Port primarily) are also offering similar. It wouldn’t be a figure completely out of the blue.
It's just overs given his output. I'd like to keep him, but I wouldn't be upset over losing him by not matching 6 years at $800-850k per year. I can't remember a more divisive player at our club in a long time...

Rich vein of form just now.

Will you still be saying the same when you realise in about half his games per year he has little to no effect? 10 disposals, maybe a goal if he manages it. You'd be happy paying $800-850k per year over 6 years for that?

We have some really substandard smaller forwards on our list, so a few more goal kickers would be nice

But thanks for the warning, man who made chairs out of human skin

Fogarty par, TT at pick 2 is below par so far as is Rachele at 6. Davis left us, but yes abd the others are yes too. Although Crouch depends on what pick you assign to him.

Rachele at 6 is at par or above. Tracking well compared to Rozee at same career stage - and roughly same time forward mid as he was then

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't hate the Hayward offer. We're certainly paying the 'contract year' tax seeing Will is on a tear at the moment, but seeing the lad is 2 goals a game right now, a free agent, and the cap is moving upwards, it seems about what you'd expect.

Just a matter of if this is the real Hayward or is he performing above his station and into a big payday? And of course, does he have a midfield switch in him. It's a pure talent check after all.

We should have enough for both.
If we did then I don’t think a medium forward is the next area of greatest need. We’re constantly outmarked in our forward 50 by opposition defenders- most notably Tom Stewart and most recently Payne/Andrews.

IMO our next greatest need is a true pack-crashing CHF which I’m not convinced TT will become. I’m loving the development of Josh Treacy at the Dockers and I reckon that’s the kind of guy we need…I have wondered if Nick Murray could do it (now we’re building KPD depth) which could free us up to ditch ROB and make TT our #1 ruck.

If we did then I don’t think a medium forward is the next area of greatest need. We’re constantly outmarked in our forward 50 by opposition defenders- most notably Tom Stewart and most recently Payne/Andrews.

IMO our next greatest need is a true pack-crashing CHF which I’m not convinced TT will become. I’m loving the development of Josh Treacy at the Dockers and I reckon that’s the kind of guy we need…I have wondered if Nick Murray could do it (now we’re building KPD depth) which could free us up to ditch ROB and make TT our #1 ruck.
I am. He just needs a clear run at it and early doors before his injury this year, he showed signs of that in the port trial game. Marking at the highest point and hitting packs. Once he realises just how big he is, he can monster defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be surprised if we weren't trying to get Draper with our first pick. We might need to trade up to get him.
If Baker wants to go to the Eagles (and thus need a later first to get him), wonder if they’d consider a deal centred around our first this year and next, for pick 3 and change

That’d put us in Draper/O’Sullivan/Jagga/Moraes territory

If Baker wants to go to the Eagles (and thus need a later first to get him), wonder if they’d consider a deal centred around our first this year and next, for pick 3 and change

That’d put us in Draper/O’Sullivan/Jagga/Moraes territory
Literally no one on our board wants to use a 1R for Baker. However many (myself included) would be open to splitting say pick 3 for similar to the Ginbey/Hewett “mega deal” in 2022 which ended up pick 8 and 14. Got anyone you could package up with Melbourne’s 2R to get a pick around 14? Or trade your F1 for one of GCS early picks?

Hayward is a classy talented player, the only knock is inconsistent output.

Thats an upgrade on what we have which is a few average to poor players, with consistent average output, of which he will be replacing one of them.

If we can get his output up with an increase in role and responsibility, then he will be well worth the money. If we can’t we’ve still got a good better player who we’ve overpaid, who cares, we’ve got the money.

Last edited:
I look at Ben McKay this year as an example of how FA acquisitions can boost a club

Many thought 750k was an overpay (myself included), but Essendon had a clear need for a big gorilla defender, saw the opportunity to get one without giving up draft capital, and paid what they needed to so that NM didn’t consider matching. Now he’s being lauded as one of the recruits of the year, and a key reason behind Essndon’s rise

We have a clear need for a medium marking forward that can apply defensive pressure (particularly after McAdam left), as well as a need for even more scoring power if we want to give Rankine more midfield time. As long as we can work to maximise Hayward’s output if we land him, it should have positive results across the ground for us

I look at Ben McKay this year as an example of how FA acquisitions can boost a club

Many thought 750k was an overpay (myself included), but Essendon had a clear need for a big gorilla defender, saw the opportunity to get one without giving up draft capital, and paid what they needed to so that NM didn’t consider matching. Now he’s being lauded as one of the recruits of the year, and a key reason behind Essndon’s rise

We have a clear need for a medium marking forward that can apply defensive pressure (particularly after McAdam left), as well as a need for even more scoring power if we want to give Rankine more midfield time. As long as we can work to maximise Hayward’s output if we land him, it should have positive results across the ground for us
Welsh is a medium marking forward, with good speed and aerial ability. Do not need Hayward imo unless he can move into the midfield.

North were never going to match though, because they'd have known that they were guaranteed band 1 compensation (and therefore guaranteed pick 3).

Sydney will likely receive band 2 compensation, which with all of the first round father/son picks, probably blows out to pick 26-28 (though given how well they're doing so far this year, there may be little difference between bands 1 and 2 for them anyway). They'll be a lot less motivated to settle for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back