2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My partner got tickets to the Freo game. I was at work so don't much about it rather that he said it was a bit of mucking around.
I just gave up I'm not sitting on some shitty site for hours on end and just getting the same error over and over again, will seriously consider if I even get membership next year tbh, getting tickets is a nightmare and any time I actually go to GMHBA one of the staff members there always seems to treat you like s**t anyway, its like being a prick is on their job descriptions lmao.

It gives me the shits, literally take time off working at 9.50 to join queues and still can't get in, needs a better system.

Both Ticketek and Ticketmaster are a joke. For years the major cloud platforms allow you to design some amazingly scalable and resilient systems...yet they still have this crap. Totally agree with selling multiple rounds at once is yet another layer of stupidity on the AFL's part.

Both Ticketek and Ticketmaster are a joke. For years the major cloud platforms allow you to design some amazingly scalable and resilient systems...yet they still have this crap. Totally agree with selling multiple rounds at once is yet another layer of stupidity on the AFL's part.
Agree, it’s a joke! Companies whose sole business is to sell tickets to events, regularly have their websites and systems overloaded and crash when trying to sell tickets.

Is it because like so many Australian industries, they’re a duopoly who have the market cornered, so are lazy and don’t need to invest anything or update their technology, but still rake in the money? It’s so frustrating 😡

Watch the Freo game have a ton of tickets as soon as the resale goes live, Ticketmaster and the club will act like it wasnt their incompetent system though hahaha.

Couldn't get tix for the Freo game :( If anybody has two seats together, please message me, happy to pay $$. Or if anyone knows where to find any please let me know.

Hope it's ok to ask here.

Watch the Freo game have a ton of tickets as soon as the resale goes live, Ticketmaster and the club will act like it wasnt their incompetent system though hahaha.
This is what I'm banking on to upgrade my little man's ticket so he can get in and join me (promised I'd bring him along on his birthday!).

It happened for the North game, no tickets for two weeks and then the day before it was an easy upgrade of his Auskick ticket to get him into the ground.

Hoping that it happens again this week otherwise I'll be on here and out the front of KP hoping that someone has a spare barcode for him to get inside the ground.

This is what I'm banking on to upgrade my little man's ticket so he can get in and join me (promised I'd bring him along on his birthday!).

It happened for the North game, no tickets for two weeks and then the day before it was an easy upgrade of his Auskick ticket to get him into the ground.

Hoping that it happens again this week otherwise I'll be on here and out the front of KP hoping that someone has a spare barcode for him to get inside the ground.
I haven't got anything this time, how the Freo game sold out so quick is beyond me, going to be very annoyed if they claim its sold out and half the crowd is empty like a few weeks ago

I haven't got anything this time, how the Freo game sold out so quick is beyond me, going to be very annoyed if they claim its sold out and half the crowd is empty like a few weeks ago
Yeah I'm starting to get a little worried, set the alarm for Friday and yesterday's release and there was nothing.

Sure it's a Saturday arvo game but it's Freo - makes no sense why there aren't random tickets available.

Yeah I'm starting to get a little worried, set the alarm for Friday and yesterday's release and there was nothing.

Sure it's a Saturday arvo game but it's Freo - makes no sense why there aren't random tickets available.
Members with no intention to actually turn up need to resell their tickets, not just decide not to go and leave a seat empty that nobody else can use.

Theres tickets available now advise you to have a look, I just got 3, best of luck with it.

Couldn't get tix for the Freo game :( If anybody has two seats together, please message me, happy to pay $$. Or if anyone knows where to find any please let me know.

Hope it's ok to ask here.
Managed to get a couple of tix on Tixel. Never used it before, hopefully they're legit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to get a couple of tix on Tixel. Never used it before, hopefully they're legit.
I got literally back row A14 or something, the part that irritates me is you get to the ground and half the seats up the front end up empty....

I got literally back row A14 or something, the part that irritates me is you get to the ground and half the seats up the front end up empty....
Members not showing up, the biggest issue with having so many reserved seats (and it's the same issue for the big clubs at "sellouts" that can only get 80 to 85k at the MCG. Club gets the revenue either way so they don't care.

An FYI for those crazy enough to want to attend the Collingwood clash in person:

We have an important update regarding our Round 22 match against Collingwood.

Our Round 22 Collingwood v Geelong match will now be a fully ticketed event, and all General Admission club members with away access will need to upgrade their membership to a reserved seat through Ticketek.

There isnt even tickets to upgrade to lol, not only are they trying to get more money out of you after youve already paid for membership now you can't even get a seat lmao.

Meanwhile Pies fans can purchase guest passes and have no issues at all (my brother is going with a mate by this Avenue)

Definitely a game to watch at the pub haha

Question-

How much extra is it to have a reserve seat at GMBHA (above standard membership cost) say in the players stand?

Question-

How much extra is it to have a reserve seat at GMBHA (above standard membership cost) say in the players stand?

My invoice for this last season didn't provide a split between my membership & the reserved seat cost at KP, but the total cost for my:
"Home & Away, Adult", + Players Stand undercover reserved seat = $630

My invoice for this last season didn't provide a split between my membership & the reserved seat cost at KP, but the total cost for my:
"Home & Away, Adult", + Players Stand undercover reserved seat = $630
Okay cool.

Does that guarantee you a reserve seat at Melbourne home games also? What about away game?

Okay cool.

Does that guarantee you a reserve seat at Melbourne home games also? What about away game?

The membership has an option for either general admission seating with our Melbourne home games or a reserved seat, and when I took out my membership I selected a reserved seat - I sit ground level in the Olympic stand and it's $65 for our 2 home MCG matches

The away matches are simply general admission but there's the option to upgrade to a reserved seat which I generally don't do unless it's a fully ticketed match such as our upcoming clash with Collingwood

Our MCG clash with Essendon earlier this year wasn't fully ticketed but it was limited general admission so I checked the cost of upgrading to a reserved seat - it was going to be a minimum of $35 for a ticket I think on the top level, plus the fees. As a comparison, for our first two finals last year I sat ground level behind the goals & our cheer squad, and against Collingwood the total cost was $42 - needless to say I wasn't going to spend similar cost for a regular season match when it should have been an upgrade and not a full ticket cost

In comparison, I've upgraded for next weeks match against Collingwood and sure it's at the back of the nose bleed section but it was $8

The membership has an option for either general admission seating with our Melbourne home games or a reserved seat, and when I took out my membership I selected a reserved seat - I sit ground level in the Olympic stand and it's $65 for our 2 home MCG matches

The away matches are simply general admission but there's the option to upgrade to a reserved seat which I generally don't do unless it's a fully ticketed match such as our upcoming clash with Collingwood

Our MCG clash with Essendon earlier this year wasn't fully ticketed but it was limited general admission so I checked the cost of upgrading to a reserved seat - it was going to be a minimum of $35 for a ticket I think on the top level, plus the fees. As a comparison, for our first two finals last year I sat ground level behind the goals & our cheer squad, and against Collingwood the total cost was $42 - needless to say I wasn't going to spend similar cost for a regular season match when it should have been an upgrade and not a full ticket cost

In comparison, I've upgraded for next weeks match against Collingwood and sure it's at the back of the nose bleed section but it was $8
Awesome. Thanks heaps for the info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back