Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

@ me in a month. Nothing to do with being a know it all either it’s literally common sense that he doesn’t have a consistent role when another ruckman is in the team. He’s an absolute freak of a player and I agree at some point he will put it all together but he is way too prone to bad scores to start at that price. Logically speaking he makes far more sense as a trade in. There’s a genuine chance some of his scores won’t count in best 18 rounds which is ridiculous when you account for his price.

Edit* actually scratch that please start him
Averaged 98 as a 21 year old. Plays CHF and rotates ruck pretty clear role. Plenty of improvement still in him.

Darcy will be lucky to play 15 games.
IMG_0547.png

Averaged 98 as a 21 year old. Plays CHF and rotates ruck pretty clear role. Plenty of improvement still in him.

View attachment 1905067

I don't think people are saying he wont be good but I like many other coaches thinking that we may get him a lot cheaper during the year.

Lets just say mid year Darcy plays 3-4 games as the main ruck, its likely that Jackson may score less during this time thus a price drop will occur

Again its not an exact science and I dont think people are saying his no good, just that its likely he will be a lot cheaper at one point

Interesting, looking at Jordan's 2023 numbers last night .....his average was destroyed by being the "Sub" so many times .....his season, sub games removed was pretty good

Fyfe OUT ......Jordan IN for WW's side

This R0 has one advantage that we get a good look in the proper season before we commit. He is a big watch for me as well.

Interesting, looking at Jordan's 2023 numbers last night .....his average was destroyed by being the "Sub" so many times .....his season, sub games removed was pretty good

Non-sub games averaged 65. His best games correspond to getting decent CBA's. If he's not getting that at the swans he's not worth it.

i like the cut of his jib

Gordon Ramsay Yes GIF by Masterchef

Non-sub games averaged 65. His best games correspond to getting decent CBA's. If he's not getting that at the swans he's not worth it.
I have decided to remove most of my forward mid pricers. I now have an extra premo over most teams. The rookie options up forward look good to me.
Fyfe the only one giving me fomo

I have decided to remove most of my forward mid pricers. I now have an extra premo over most teams. The rookie options up forward look good to me.
Fyfe the only one giving me fomo
Hopefully the PS games throw up a few options.

Alex Karpovsky Ray GIF by Girls on HBO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1905067
You’re quoting Jackson’s avg that includes 10 games of solo rucking? (50%+ ruck contests)

In those games he averaged over 110. That’s not happening again to start the season. You can’t pick Jackson and say Darcy is gonna miss games. You wait and see if he does go down and trade him in at a cheap price then. It’s really that simple. You don’t start relief rucks for 550k

Late night tinkering always fun in Feb until the real stuff starts!

Still really weighing up the benefit of avoiding early bye rd premos.. How beneficial will it really be? Value options I see no issue with starting as long as they aren’t collectively all on the same bye week

You’re quoting Jackson’s avg that includes 10 games of solo rucking? (50%+ ruck contests)

In those games he averaged over 110. That’s not happening again to start the season. You can’t pick Jackson and say Darcy is gonna miss games. You wait and see if he does go down and trade him in at a cheap price then. It’s really that simple. You don’t start relief rucks for 550k
Yeah probably right. I’m just hoping Sweet or Conway get a good crack as cover. I hate burning 2-3 trades on rounds where your premium rucks aren’t playing.

V3.0

Backs: Sicily who i painfully missed last season and Stewart are locks for mine. Easily top 6 defenders. I’ve really warmed to Houston whom I traded in over Young. Smashes some big scores and has a great record @ AO (first 8/12). Great bye and nice POD. ZW standard risk pick across everyone’s board. Could be a keeper but not holding my breathe.

Mids: Bont. Premium price but I’m not here to save money on a bonafide player. He is the anchor and locks in captain worthy scores on a weekly basis. CD love him and im wearing the lipstick too. Lairdy is just ultra consistent and one of my first picked. Too good to pass up and should go 115+avg. Don’t think he’ll drop off as some suspect. Sir Nick Daicos 🔒. Absolutely love this boy. Believe me we haven’t seen nothing yet. He’s going to continually elevate to levels which will amaze. Can see him putting GAJ like numbers in his career and it starts now. Butterz is another crazy talent who will elevate. Loves AO and will dominate. 120avg as long as he doesn’t smash his face into a wall. Walsh value is just too good to pass for what he can produce. Reports in PS are really good and he’s primed for a big year. A very important cog in the Blues midfield. Runs all day and has shown to have really big 140+ type games. Bye sucks, but I’ll wear it.

Ruck: Gawn Grundy lock and load. Both value and solo ruckman for their respective clubs. Look for Grundy to have a huge year in Sydney. Sweet r3 could be cheap cover and a nice potential cow.

Forwards: They just blow this year. Macrae the clear F1 in my book but concerned over his hammy. Bevo will undoubtedly screw him around but I’ll stick with him. The rest I’m going with cheap MPMs and plan to upgrade after the first dpp changes in rd6. Should hopefully have a clearer picture of who’s rising. Meanwhile I’m banking on Harmes/Billings to have favorable SC roles and cash up. Who knows, Billings may be a sneaky keeper. Fyfe I’m just in on the PS hype. You either start with him or forget it. Hopefully he can bag some reasonable scores in the early bye rounds before the inevitable happens. With 40 trades he’s worth the start risk. Reid standard pick and I’m hearing good things from North re Lazzaro. Will watch PS and see what his role is particularly if TT is given the ass. Also good reports on Fin Macrae. Development time is over. Been solid in the VFL and it’s make or break year for him. I reckon Coach Macrae will give him every opportunity to see if he’s ready to be part of the next gen of Pie midfielders. My only SC concern is he may be sub affected.

Daicos Walsh Gawn Grundy my Rd0 players. I reckon 4 is a good balance.

IMG_7592.jpeg

V3.0

Backs: Sicily who i painfully missed last season and Stewart are locks for mine. Easily top 6 defenders. I’ve really warmed to Houston whom I traded in over Young. Smashes some big scores and has a great record @ AO (first 8/12). Great bye and nice POD. ZW standard risk pick across everyone’s board. Could be a keeper but not holding my breathe.

Mids: Bont. Premium price but I’m not here to save money on a bonafide player. He is the anchor and locks in captain worthy scores on a weekly basis. CD love him and im wearing the lipstick too. Lairdy is just ultra consistent and one of my first picked. Too good to pass up and should go 115+avg. Don’t think he’ll drop off as some suspect. Sir Nick Daicos 🔒. Absolutely love this boy. Believe me we haven’t seen nothing yet. He’s going to continually elevate to levels which will amaze. Can see him putting GAJ like numbers in his career and it starts now. Butterz is another crazy talent who will elevate. Loves AO and will dominate. 120avg as long as he doesn’t smash his face into a wall. Walsh value is just too good to pass for what he can produce. Reports in PS are really good and he’s primed for a big year. A very important cog in the Blues midfield. Runs all day and has shown to have really big 140+ type games. Bye sucks, but I’ll wear it.

Ruck: Gawn Grundy lock and load. Both value and solo ruckman for their respective clubs. Look for Grundy to have a huge year in Sydney. Sweet r3 could be cheap cover and a nice potential cow.

Forwards: They just blow this year. Macrae the clear F1 in my book but concerned over his hammy. Bevo will undoubtedly screw him around but I’ll stick with him. The rest I’m going with cheap MPMs and plan to upgrade after the first dpp changes in rd6. Should hopefully have a clearer picture of who’s rising. Meanwhile I’m banking on Harmes/Billings to have favorable SC roles and cash up. Who knows, Billings may be a sneaky keeper. Fyfe I’m just in on the PS hype. You either start with him or forget it. Hopefully he can bag some reasonable scores in the early bye rounds before the inevitable happens. With 40 trades he’s worth the start risk. Reid standard pick and I’m hearing good things from North re Lazzaro. Will watch PS and see what his role is particularly if TT is given the ass. Also good reports on Fin Macrae. Development time is over. Been solid in the VFL and it’s make or break year for him. I reckon Coach Macrae will give him every opportunity to see if he’s ready to be part of the next gen of Pie midfielders. My only SC concern is he may be sub affected.

Daicos Walsh Gawn Grundy my Rd0 players. I reckon 4 is a good balance.

View attachment 1905551
Solid!

Not sure Billing’s plays R1 though.

Maybe down to Mannagh or a good cash making rookie?

Good to see Laird in there, super consistent ultra premo.

View attachment 1905425

Current team before the preseason games.

Imagine a lot will change based on the forward line, but will leave figuring that out until after preseason games. Praying Fisher is a viable pick.
Mate I'd assume you were crazy selecting Yeo, except you ranked so highly last year that I'm actually curious about your reasoning, in particular why you think he has the prerequisite durability this year.

At the other end of the scale... why Harmes over Fyfe or the other midprice alternatives?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back