Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

$1800 left over.
PODs who I am expecting to do well based on potential and likely role:
Bowes 0%, Windhager 2%, Robertson 1%, Rankine 5%, Conway 3%

After Collingwood and Brisbane performances over the weekend I expect Deven Robertson and Finlay Macrae to be playing from R1.

Have considered Jhye Clark or Mannagh on my bench but not sure they will get many games early on as many people are assuming. If either are named, they are a high chance of being sub.
Unsure on which of Gawn, English, Marshall etc will be R1, so intent is to upgrade Xerri prior to R12 to whoever that turns out to be.

Strategy
I am counting 10 premium starters and out of 40 trades available over the season I am estimating:
  • 10-12 injury or suspension forced trades
  • 12 double trades (24) for upgrades to the 12 non-premiums in starting 22
  • 2 trades for bad picks / out of form players
  • 2-4 sideways trades for optimisation to fixtures in final rounds

Not starting any more than two premium / mid pricers per each early bye round and not planning any sideways trade / bye flipping of players.

Attachments

• 240310 AFL Supercoach R1 Team 1800.jpg
    240310 AFL Supercoach R1 Team 1800.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 182
Current team going into R1 pending on rookie team selection. Prepared to drop English to Gawn. Flanders became too hard to ignore so had to change my structure. Prepared to downgrade English to Gawn if I need cash for something pending the teams being named.

I'm counting 13 keepers as I think Martin is D6, Wines is M7/M8 and Flanders + Fisher end up forward line premos.

Woouldn't mind getting some cash to get Conway onto the rucks if he's named instead of Naismith.

1710054366063.png

Current team going into R1 pending on rookie team selection. Prepared to drop English to Gawn. Flanders became too hard to ignore so had to change my structure. Prepared to downgrade English to Gawn if I need cash for something pending the teams being named.

I'm counting 13 keepers as I think Martin is D6, Wines is M7/M8 and Flanders + Fisher end up forward line premos.

Woouldn't mind getting some cash to get Conway onto the rucks if he's named instead of Naismith.

View attachment 1924513
d1f59d3a8ba0e695fd32841fd667a40a.gif

Far out man. I have Naicos, Grundog, Gawnsky, Touk, T Green, Sanders and Heenburn.
7 extra outs. Is it worth it. I do think they will out perform their losses but mate, seven of the campaigners?
I had to choose between Green and Touk (same bye) ....Naicos and Grundy (same bye) ....and if you have Heeney and Jordon, that makes 4 players out on that R5 Bye

I had to choose between Green and Touk (same bye) ....Naicos and Grundy (same bye) ....and if you have Heeney and Jordon, that makes 4 players out on that R5 Bye
At least with Touk, his second bye isn't until R14. With Green's second bye being in R12, he would’ve had two of them before most other mids have had one. As good as he is, he probably needs to be an upgrade target imo.

At least with Touk, his second bye isn't until R14. With Green's second bye being in R12, he would’ve had two of them before most other mids have had one. As good as he is, he probably needs to be an upgrade target imo.
Yes, this is a tricky one for me currently .....I have both LDU and Green ...both with the R12 Bye

I've planned around an LDU injury to solve my problem

1710064812670.png
first year back playing supercoach in a while. I switched out hayden young, lazarro and duursma for stewart, fyfe and brown. Not sure if I've gone too top heavy? removed a few 180k rookies to fit another premium in. Also, felt like a waste having lazarro/duursma on the bench as I want to start sexton on the field

Am I losing out on good money making rookies?

thoughts?

Happy with this. Powell's ownership was at 0%. I dont like his bye but apart from that, im a big fan so managed to squeeze him in. Gone with a strong backline and weak midfield based on where i see the rookies scoring the most. Forwardline has changed heaps but its basically locked in now, ill pass on Heeney and hope he doesnt hurt me too badly. Ended up downgrading some more expensive rookies for cheapies on my bench.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 8.04.20 pm.png

Think I'm running with this, pending some rookies changes. Wanted Serong in there and was pretty keen on Wines too for his price, but have opted for Steele and some higher priced rookies instead.

$50.7k Bank.

Thoughts?
26fd86a814c51b764e54a3fc1d220463.jpg
Three 180k rookies on the bench? Ouch. If you're starting them there, it isn't work paying 180k for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying a Flanders / Heeney FWD line for size.
F6 would be a weak point.
Means going one shallower in MID (sacrificing Miller, bringing a Hustwaite or a Lazzaro on-field), no Harley Reid.
F8 needs a Nyuon / Khakis/ ... , iffy. Or Gibcus down to E Phillips, Lazzaro for Nyuon and fielded at F6.
Suppose you could, not sure though.
Screenshot_2024-03-11-01-26-31-955_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2024-03-11-01-26-46-209_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl-edit.jpg

Last edited:
Happy with this. Powell's ownership was at 0%. I dont like his bye but apart from that, im a big fan so managed to squeeze him in. Gone with a strong backline and weak midfield based on where i see the rookies scoring the most. Forwardline has changed heaps but its basically locked in now, ill pass on Heeney and hope he doesnt hurt me too badly. Ended up downgrading some more expensive rookies for cheapies on my bench.

View attachment 1924654
Not really sure why you’d start 7 premium defenders. Planning on trading one of them out at some point?

I would appreciate any feedback. $0 left

View attachment 1924854View attachment 1924855
Keep an eye out re Sharp, copped q leg knock and couldn't play out the game on weekend
Mannagh will be fringe, F Macrae has sub / in and out written all.over him at the minute. Pink might also be iffy on JS front.
So just keep an eye out on the rookies
Love the Rowell pick,.big Briggs is great just an awkward.bye set-up 👍

Three 180k rookies on the bench? Ouch. If you're starting them there, it isn't work paying 180k for them.
I can never understand this argument.

I understand the premise that reduced spend on benches = greater spend on field = greater points scored, but it's a far too linear and simple approach.

Underpriced value options on field are already pushing your money further, but ultimately it's about picking the best collection of rookies to earn money.

No point taking a low-floor Sharp instead of a high-ceiling Hustwaite just because he won't get on your field, particularly with all these byes around at the start of the season.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.08.50 pm.png

My team pending any last minute rookie shenanigans. May need to consider readjusting the team slightly as feel like am already chasing the round zero points

I understand the premise that reduced spend on benches = greater spend on field = greater points scored, but it's a far too linear and simple approach.

Underpriced value options on field are already pushing your money further, but ultimately it's about picking the best collection of rookies to earn money.

No point taking a low-floor Sharp instead of a high-ceiling Hustwaite just because he won't get on your field, particularly with all these byes around at the start of the season.
Agreed, if you think that they will make the most money (factoring in the start price) and it doesn't compromise other picks it's fine.

Bench rookies are all about cash gen.

And given the early byes, having the better rookies on the bench could prove handy,

Agreed, if you think that they will make the most money (factoring in the start price) and it doesn't compromise other picks it's fine.

Bench rookies are all about cash gen.

And given the early byes, having the better rookies on the bench could prove handy,

Thanks all. I understand both sides. Think in my case, just gonna re-shuffle to see if I need all the $$$ rookies as good as they potentially seem. If that cash can be used to have one more potential keeper or leave a bit more in the bank for contingency, it's worth looking at.

:)

Thanks all. I understand both sides. Think in my case, just gonna re-shuffle to see if I need all the $$$ rookies as good as they potentially seem. If that cash can be used to have one more potential keeper or leave a bit more in the bank for contingency, it's worth looking at.

:)
Don't reshuffle

Back your gut

Hasn't been a single year where every speculative mid pricer came out and dominated

Almost Certainly there will be a corrective trade or two or three required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back